Kelly Services

2.4

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kelly Services in August 2013.

You go to an orientation, get interviewed, drug tested and then you're hired. EASY PROCESS!!

No negotiation, it's $75 a day

Project Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roy, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roy, UT

I applied in-person – interviewed at Kelly Services in August 2013.

Worked at Kellogges thru Kelly services .Started on aug 12 2013 and by mid oct I got a raise with new title as project leader

Interview Questions
    • most difficult was not working enough but still it was to be expected towads the months of nov and dec   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Groveport, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Groveport, OH

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Kelly Services in August 2013.

The initial telephone interview with two representatives of Kelly Services was unwelcoming; I was not impress with their background questions regarding my skills and experiences. After the conversation; I was left feeling that they were not interested in my candidacy. Nevertheless, my resume was forwarded to their client, an interview was scheduled, I impressed the client and I was offered the contract position.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions; just the unwelcoming feeling presented.   Answer Question
    The negotiation phase was easy, due to the salary range was at the level that I was open to pursuing.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenview, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenview, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kelly Services in August 2013.

Company conducts skill testing, drug testing. Hiring manager at each assignment interviews several aplicants sent by Kelly.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation - recruiter said the pay rate was $23.10 per hour and that was it.

Sales Assistant Interview

Scheduled an interview over the phone. Met in an odd part of the office. They did not give me a job description before sending me on an interview.

Interview Questions
    • The company did not ask me complex questions during the interview.   Answer Question

Not enough pay

Technical Support Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Kelly Services.

I submitted a resume online and was contacted within the week. After a few phone interviews and an online application I was required to go to my local Kelly office and fill out more paperwork. Altogether it took about 2-3 weeks for the interview/hiring process and I had to wait another 2-3 weeks to start training. Everyone I talked to was extremely professional in their dealings with me but the paperwork and the waiting periods were tedious.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if an app froze up on your iPhone?   View Answer

Contract Attonrey Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Kelly Services.

I have specialized experience. So, my interview process was mere paperwork with this company. But, I had to interview with the client who asked me a lot of questions about my background knowledge of the subject matter. It was clear there were a lot of young dudes managing the project who had over-sold their knowledge, so they were just trying to cover themselves by having someone on the project with actual knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was basically a question about my background skills. The recruiter was not able to tell me a lot about the project so I was only able to prepare a little. The questions were tough, but I was able to answer the questions due to my extensive experience with the subject matter. But, another difficult part was expressing my responses in an elementary language that they could understand without me sounding like I was "dummying" down my knowledge or patronizing the interviewees. They indicated they were impressed and they hired me for a top position. But they seemed too intimidated to utilize my skills to the fullest. I rate this as a negative experience because, while I got the position, I believe it was a sign of their weakness in not wanting to rely on my skills though paying me for them. Their egos got in the way of professionalism in my opinion.   Answer Question
    The recruiter did the negotiation. However, I strongly believe the recruiter negotiated my services for a much higher fee than usual, but only gave me the regular rate.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kelly Services.

The office was small. The staff was personable. I was talked "to" instead of being talked "at". It wasn't assumed that my skills were lacking just because I was temping instead of already being somewhere permanent.

Interview Questions
    There was no real negotiation phase. There was a position opening and I said yes.

District Manager Interview

Interview started with a phone interview with hiring manager. Then the company invited in for in-person interview with hiring manager, vice president of the territory. This was followed by an interview with the Product Leader followed by a phone interview with the HR Generalist.

Interview Questions
    • Question on project based experience since this wasn't a consulting role.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Kelly Services.

This is not a quick process, expect lots of paperwork, digging for dates, slow background checks and redundant hr forms. Managers conducting interviews are good but you have to do 4-6 interviews as standard and really a pain.

Interview Questions
    I got the number I asked for plus more