Kelly Services

Updated Nov 13, 2014
Updated Nov 13, 2014

2.4

Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Kelly Services.

This is not a quick process, expect lots of paperwork, digging for dates, slow background checks and redundant hr forms. Managers conducting interviews are good but you have to do 4-6 interviews as standard and really a pain.

Interview Questions
    I got the number I asked for plus more

Applecare Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kelly Services in June 2013.

I first applied by sending them my résumé. 2 days later I received an email to schedule a phone interview. I had the interview scheduled for the next day. Questions were pretty easy customer service scenario questions. I didn't get asked any technical questions which was surprising. That same day I received their official application and background check form which I completed and sent to them the next day. 2 days later I received a call telling me to come in and fill out my I-9 forms tomorrow.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. It's either you take it or decline offer.

Technical Support Advisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kelly Services in June 2013.

I filled out the initial application and received a call back the next day. I spoke with a recruiter and she went over the job description and asked if I agreed to several different questions in which I answered "Yes". I do not have a lot of experience using an IPod/IPad, but mentioned that I had the opportunity to use it at least once. I compiled a list of questions and she kept answering with the same response, "IPod and IPad". Of course it wasn't the same question, but I wanted to be thorough in what I would be doing, troubleshooting, and what equipment would be needed on my part. She seemed kind of rude.

Interview Questions
    • She wanted me to do a role-play with her on what to do with a customer who is receiving an error message "server not found". I just did not know how to start, not having a lot of experience in role-playing scenarios, but a lot of customer service experience and taking escalated calls playing a role as supervisor in my previous work.   Answer Question

Commissions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kelly Services in May 2013.

I went downtown to their office, interviewed with the recruiter and his assistant, voluntarily submitted to a drug test. A day or two later, I had an on site interview with the client company and was hired for the position.

IOS Senior Adviser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cartersville, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cartersville, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Kelly Services in May 2013.

The hiring process was a little taxing, and nothing like with other At home positions I have had with other companies. I had to drive 30 minutes to one of their offices to fill out the paperwork. The phone interview was simple there was nothing really spectacular about it. It was a simple phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't one, it was standard and pretty much common sense. I suppose the most difficult question is how would you handle a difficult customer?   Answer Question
    There really is no negotiation beyond the hours you work, and even then that was very limited.

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarksville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarksville, TN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kelly Services.

Starts with an email to Kelly Services followed by an in-person interview. The interview and initial paperwork will take at least one hour. If that goes well, fingerprints are checked (at the employee's expense) and background checks are conducted. If those are good, you attend orientation session where you learn Kelly Svcs, school system, and how to find vacancies in the system. Very shortly thereafter you start in the classroom.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected or difficult. The usual "Why do you want to be a substitute teacher?" There is some discussion of state and local school system policies. I suspect that is to gauge your response or feelings about them (1) if you never taught school before or (2) if you taught school, to inform you of local policies.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. There is a set schedule that includes: an hourly wage for teacher aides (no degree required), a set rate per day for a degreed candidate (any degree- a higher degree does not equal more pay), and a set rate for a candidate with a current in-state educator license (an out-of-state license does not count but there is a process to obtain a current state license).

Customer Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kelly Services in April 2013.

My experience with Kelly Services has been amazing. The processes have been streamlined, detailed, and have never left me any unanswered questions. The staff was very friendly. Granted, there has never been a way to contact HR throughout the application/interview process, there is no need to because all communications from the company have been straight to the point and detailed. They've done a great job. I can't tell you how to get the job but I can tell you that if you do your part, Kelly will hold it's end of the bargain for qualified candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Just tell the truth. Be honest. The questions about typical job interview questions that inquire into your past experiences and outlook on situations you would come across in this position.   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online for a supply chain position. I received a call the next day and had a small phone interview. After-which I was sent some testing information. The tests comprised of Typing Speed and Accuracy, a word section and an excel section. Then another test dealing with shipping and another dealing with warehousing. I received a call the next day and was told i passed all the sections and was scheduled for an interview. I got there and filled out a bunch of paperwork then had a face-to-face interview. The lady was very nice and just asked me general questions about past experiences with work. I was hired there and then

Interview Questions
    • What didn't you like about your last job.   View Answer
    None

SAP Data Analyst Contractor Through Kelly Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raritan, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raritan, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Kelly Services in April 2013.

I received a phone call from a recruiter from Kelly Services on April 4th to speak about a position. I did not return the phone call, because I wasn't interested in the position. on April 10th, she called again, and left an email message for me about the same job. I replied to the email stating that I did not have the experience just from the job title. The email message didn't say much about the job. It only had a few sentences. The recruiter replied back to me that it was ok, because they would train me. I then spoke to her on the phone later in the day. She didn't explain much about the job to me during the phone call, but said that Kelly Services is the internal agency for the company, and is their main recruiter. She had me describe my work history. She said the job could go up to two years. My resume was then sent to the job. I heard back from her on Monday 4/15 asking me to interview for the next day. I had to request a few hours off from work with a day's notice for this interview. I still didn't know the job details, and the recruiter only sent me the full job description later in the day after the interview was scheduled. The interview confirmation stated that the job went up to October, with a possible extension of two years. The recruiter never mentioned to me before that it could end as early as October, but I still went to the interview. I did the interview, and received a rejection email from the recruiter the next day. She stated that the company didn't think I was a good fit, which is what I told her when I first spoke to her. I also only had the night before the interview to look over the job description. The recruiter didn't explain what the company was looking for when she spoke to me the first time. When I complained about not getting the job description until the interview was scheduled, she said "sorry," but didn't explain why she gave it to me so late.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions from Kelly Services were easy.   Answer Question

Bilingual Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northlake, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northlake, IL

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Kelly Services in April 2013.

Horrible, Managers never have time for them. They ask the applicant to fill out a 3 question questionnaire and do not look at it. They do keep their eyes on the 30 question questionnaire that they are told to fill out by H.R. and never look at the candidate because they are filling out the form even when they themselves feel some questions are useless. Even with 22yrs of Experience of the H.R. manager asks EVERY question on the form and fills it out in your presence.

Interview Questions
    • You where a manager before what did you teach your assistant with regards to interviewing? (like she did not know how to interview?)   View Answer