Kelly Services

9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

San Diego, CA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Kelly Services in April 2013.

Interview Details – Was told specifically it was a position that required "an entrepreneurial spirit" and I was to "run my own desk" only to find out from day 1 I was to be micro-managed severley worse than I was in my first year in the industry (2004).

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult about the interview. in retropect the interview probably should have been MORE challenging. They just neeed to get bodies in there.   Answer Question

Appleton, WI

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Kelly Services in January 2014.

Interview Details – Had several interviews:
-Phone interview with a District Manager
-Face to face interview with Branch Manager and Business Development Manager
-Phone interview with a high level manager
They called on my references, then recruited one of my references for the position I applied for

Interview Question – The interviews were about my experience, more weight was on the questions I was asking them.   Answer Question

Recruiter

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Kelly Services.

Interview Details – This is not a quick process, expect lots of paperwork, digging for dates, slow background checks and redundant hr forms. Managers conducting interviews are good but you have to do 4-6 interviews as standard and really a pain.

Interview Question – Very conversational interviews   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I got the number I asked for plus more

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Milwaukee, WI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Kelly Services in May 2009.

Interview Details – phone interview then onsite interview with offer and pre-employment checks

Interview Question – Tell me how you source for candidates.   View Answer

Milwaukee, WI

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kelly Services in May 2009.

Interview Details – I was referred to the Regional Manager for the IT division at Kelly Services. He called me right away, conducted a phone interview and set up a face to face to interview very quickly. I was in to meet him and a few other team members within 5 business days. There was one additiona interview to meet the District Manager and a few other team members after that. Hiring process from start to finish took less than two weeks. The staff was very organized and welcoming each time I came in, making the process smooth and very comfortable.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to work with an extremely difficult client and what steps did you take to connect with this individual?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – This was done extremely well.

Interviewed at Kelly Services

Interview Details – Hiring process is long and need to go through 4 rounds. The interviewer are friendly and most of them are young thus are in-experience.

Interview Question – What can you do when you are told you've no value.   View Answer

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kelly Services in August 2011.

Interview Details – Had five rounds of interview. Had to meet up with my team lead, unit manager heading the technology recruitment, business manager taking care of the practice in Singapore, Talent acquisition manager and the head of professional & technical services division. The interviews were all quite tough/ behavioural based and they assessed me in all sorts of ways needed for recruiter.

Interview Question – My interview with Unit Manager & Talent Acquisition where they questioned me on my recruitment skills/methodologies. Questions were focused on different scenarios and I was asked to provide my responses for the same. A question was " how do you handle drop-outs for a critical position for an important client?"   View Answer

Recruiter

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Kelly Services in April 2010.

Interview Details – The process was fairly straightforward. I had a short phone interview and then I had a one on one interview onsite and was hired after my references were checked.

Interview Question – What types of positions have you recruited for?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I just asked for what I thought the job was worth.

Recruiter

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kelly Services in August 2010.

Interview Details – Understand that most of the positions are temporary/contract and you must commit for one year. Make sure to check on that before the interview - you will be caught off guard, which is never good. The people are nice, but very hurried. This is a numbers driven, metrics driven organization. I can tell the internal recruiters are also trying to reach their numbers too.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kelly Services

Worked for Kelly Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kelly Services Recruiter interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Kelly Services employees and interview candidates.