Kelly Services Staffing Supervisor Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Lansing, MI) in November 2014.

Interview

Interviewed two after a after applying online. Interview went well. It was me and one other person. I told I would here something one way or another by the end of the week. 2 weeks went by before I found out I didn't not get the job. I only found out because I finally talked to the district manager after calling him twice.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kelly Services

Staffing Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kelly Services.

Interview

I applied to the job online, and received a call within a few days to set up a face to face interview with the branch manager. I only interviewed with the manager, whom asked me a lot of questions regarding my past team work, customer service skills and ability to meet numbers/metrics/etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time in which you could not meet a required quota and what you did.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pay was based on past experiences. I was entry level.

Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Sandy, UT) in February 2014.

Interview

Preliminary interview was basic. District manager was pleasant and forth coming with the office successes and areas in need of improvement. Once we got past the basic intro, it was a rather smooth and mutually engaged conversation.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an applicant who doesn't fit the qualifications?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2011.

Interview

Interviewed 1:1 with Branch Manager from site. Very positve interview, got detailed information to the job description for the position applying for. Received call back in three days to come in for Personality Test. Offer was made but position was only for Temporary as to what was posted Permanent. Manager disclosed they want to be sure they find the right fit and can not hire Permanent.

Interview Questions

Position was posted as Permanent Full Time and they changed to Temporary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kelly Services (Chicago, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

Worked as a temporary - so did not really interview. I worked part-time and when a full-time opening came open I became a full time "timecard" supervisor. I was told at the time that everyone had to work a year as a "timecard" supervisor before being hired. This was not actually true and others were hired directly in other offices.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kelly Services (North Charleston, SC) in August 2010.

Interview

With Kelly Services you will have a series of phone interviews. One with the Branch or District Manager and next you will interview with the Regional Manager. You will be invited into the office to interview with the Branch or District Manager and also with the other Staffing Supervisors. Decisions are made quickly and you must pass a background screen. No drug screen required. Typical questions will be about what type of ATS have you used, how computer savvy are you, what type of management style do you prefer, and you must discuss your customer service skills.

Interview Questions

• What type of management style do you like?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, I was too young to have the confidence. However, I am certain you can negotiate and when you do I would remember that Kelly is known for having higher base salaries than other Staffing Services. Kelly does not have a great bonus plan so get what you can in your base. Bonuses are not promised and even if you do meet your goals they still have the ability to not give you the full percent.

Staffing Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kelly Services in December 2009.

Interview

Common interview questions. Why should we hire you? What are your strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation with a staff and how did you solve it.   Answer Question