Kelly Services Substitute Teacher Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2015

1.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Kelly Services (Orlando, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

- Online application determines whether you would qualify as a potential employee
- application is quite extensive and takes a long time to complete
- if you meet the qualifications, you receive an email and are invited to choose the interview date

Interview Questions

• No real formal interview once you meet the qualifications and pass drug test and background check   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kelly Services

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kelly Services (Tampa, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

Very simple. Typical HR questions. I think she asked me like two questions. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Why did you want to become a sub? They also had a 3 hour training session that was actually informative.

They expect you to pay $95 for your own background check. Really guys?

Negotiation

No negotiation. 8.50 for AA, 9.75 for college, 11.25 for 5+ years experience and certified as a teacher.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Burlington, VT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kelly Services (South Burlington, VT) in February 2014.

Interview

This happened more than a year ago so I do not remember the specifics, I do remember it was by far the easiest interview I have ever had. First I made a phone call to the office. She said get these documents and come in on this day. She said the documents were fine, come in for an interview on this day. So I did, and we had a very casual interview. It was more like a date than an interview, I remember talking about my hobbies. I don't remember a single difficult question such as "what is your greatest accomplishment? what is your teaching style?" nothing like that. It was more like, are you ok waking up early in the morning? You do not even need a BA to get a job as a substitute with Kelly I believe. And keep in mind this company hires most of the substitutes in the country...

Interview Questions

• Our substitutes must be always on time and respond to our staff, can you do that?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kelly Services (Orlando, FL) in August 2013.

Interview

You go to an orientation, get interviewed, drug tested and then you're hired. EASY PROCESS!!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, it's $75 a day

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarksville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kelly Services (Clarksville, TN).

Interview

Starts with an email to Kelly Services followed by an in-person interview. The interview and initial paperwork will take at least one hour. If that goes well, fingerprints are checked (at the employee's expense) and background checks are conducted. If those are good, you attend orientation session where you learn Kelly Svcs, school system, and how to find vacancies in the system. Very shortly thereafter you start in the classroom.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected or difficult. The usual "Why do you want to be a substitute teacher?" There is some discussion of state and local school system policies. I suspect that is to gauge your response or feelings about them (1) if you never taught school before or (2) if you taught school, to inform you of local policies.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. There is a set schedule that includes: an hourly wage for teacher aides (no degree required), a set rate per day for a degreed candidate (any degree- a higher degree does not equal more pay), and a set rate for a candidate with a current in-state educator license (an out-of-state license does not count but there is a process to obtain a current state license).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Kelly Services (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2010.

Interview

must have official transcripts, and have at a minimum of 60 credit hours. A 4 hour orientation, out of pocket back ground check around $75. which is the amount you will make per day if you have a Master's degree.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions to answer. There was just an overview of what is expected of you, as a substitute.   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Kelly Services (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2009.

Interview

It was easy. The entire office staff are very pleasant people. I filled out a lot of paperwork, including a questionnaire and the inteview was mostly based on that.

Interview Questions

• Mostly, all questions were "what would you do" questions that primarily dealt with kids since the position is for a substitute teacher.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There were no negotiations. Pay rate is set by the you are substituting in, plus your educational background.

Substitute Teacher Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Kelly Services in December 2010.

Interview

interview, consisted of orientation, 4 hours long 1/2 paid the other 1/2 unpaid

Interview Questions

• there were no questions only a classroom type orientation   Answer Question