KellyOCG

Updated Nov 25, 2014
Updated Nov 25, 2014

2.6

Hiring Logistics Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KellyOCG.

Process was easy, was contacted by phone after my resume was sourced. Went onsite for interviews and also interviewed with the client as a second round. Verbal offer was extended shortly after.

I was able to negotiate.

Associate Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KellyOCG in September 2014.

I was contacted through LinkedIn. The recruiter I initially spoke with "went up to bat" for me. She was great, very disorganized, but over all great. Had a few short phone interviews. I was called back for a face to face interview. The face to face interview was pretty simple, just basic questions about experience, etc.

No negotiation

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at KellyOCG in January 2014.

The interview process at KellyOCG, for some of its RPOs, is pretty good. The managers are knowledgeable and will give you real world opinions of what to expect. Be prepared to provide the basic information so that a background check can be completed.

Interview Questions
    • There are no hidden or surprise questions. The interview gets at the heart of what you know and don't know.   Answer Question
    KellyOCG plays hardball with all offers. If you do not accept the low ball offer, they are happy to move on to the next candidate.

Vice President of Global Solutions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at KellyOCG in September 2013.

The interview process from start to finish lasted approximately 6 months and consisted of a series of in person meetings, phone calls and then several panel interviews in Troy, MI. I think I spoke with every VP in the Solutions group! I was told by the internal recruiter that many, many candidates had been through this exact process and Kelly were being extremely picky. I was very disappointed that Kelly contacted my references PRIOR to making me a formal offer. Although everything seemed to have gone very well and the hiring manager agreed a potential start date, the recruiter called me one week later and said they'd decided to go in a different direction. I couldn't believe it. In retrospect, the whole experience was just awful and I wouldn't want anyone else to endure it. I hope their recruiting practice has since changed.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked by several people "who do you know" in the industry and I'm certain some of these people were contacted without my knowledge. I became increasingly concerned at the lack of discretion during this process and feared my employers finding out - even though I was initially headhunted by a Kelly recruiter!   Answer Question

Material Handler/Fork Lift Driver Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at KellyOCG in March 2011.

The interview process was very brief. Kelly had taken over the contract for Nissan PDC from Menlo Worldwide Logistics. It was very streamlined to not interrupt business. A quick meeting with their human resources department on Monday with a briefing on my current position and how it would remain the same but that there would be a substantial increase in my hourly pay.

Interview Questions
    • There were no real difficult questions. The interview, paperwork and details were all laid out in a matter of half an hour. The only question they asked me was what would I do to improve processes and increase throughput.   View Answer
    They offered a substantial raise and a better position to be able to accomplish what I needed.