Kemin Industries Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 13, 2014
9 interviews

3.2

Research Assistant II Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kemin Industries.

Starts with a phone interview to asses your personality.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation for this position

Dishwasher Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Kemin Industries.

The only interview I received was over the phone.

Director of R&D Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Des Moines, IA
    Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Kemin Industries in March 2010.

The initial request for a telephone interview was made two days after I had applied to an online posting.

The interview format was unique in my experience, consisting of the interviewer reading me several dozen questions from a script. Most of these had little to do with the job responsibilities and my qualifications opposite them. Rather, they were of the open ended psychological evaluation type, with many different questions asking essentially the same things in alternate ways.

When I asked for clarification on some of the questions prior to answering, the interviewer told me to just answer as I saw fit, that there were no "right" or "wrong" answers; but of course there were (sort of like filling out a Wal-Mart job application, if you have experienced that dubious pleasure). Without knowing exactly what the interviewer wanted to know, I'm sure I shot myself in the foot with some of my answers.

Several things asked for, both in the questions themselves and in additional information I was requested to supply afterwards, were thinly veiled attempts to determine my age without crossing the line into overt age descrimination. Unfortunately, I am a member of that unsuitable-for-hire 50+ age group.

There was no follow-up contact from the company after the interview, but the position was re-posted the following month; 'nuff said.

Interview Questions
    • The whole line of questioning was outside of my previous experience.   View Answer

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Ludhiana (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Ludhiana (India)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Kemin Industries in June 2014.

Structured open ended questionnaire, nothing to fear, nothing at all to prepare. Just takes down your experience. Remember there are no right or wrong answers to this. All you require is being honest, and that you won't mind going extra mile to achieve your goals, that your conduct will be good and that you'll be regular with your work

very less salary

Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kemin Industries.

Two phone interviews, one position related and one behavioral based questions. Followed by on-site interview with multiple personnel, 1-2 at a time. My interview required a presentation to a large group prior to the actual interviews. Follow-up for each step was thorough and I was well informed of next steps and timelines.

Little to no negotiation

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Herentals (Belgium)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herentals (Belgium)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kemin Industries in March 2011.

Competence based interview. First with HR (High level interview) then with President and presentation to some Board Members. The process was led by HR which gave an impressive feedback. This man was among the reasons why I joined this company (professionalism) but left Kemin after several months

Interview Questions
    • How will you describe your new job to your children ?   View Answer
    Quite complex but fair

Research Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kemin Industries.

First make presentation to ten people then do interviews with two people at a time. They have specific behavior questions.

Ask for more vacation

General Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Kemin Industries.

Depending on the position, resumes are typically parsed by HR professionals. After that, typically the hiring process starts with the hiring manager giving you a call requesting a phone interview. If you pass that initial interview, you typically meet with your potential teammates and they vote on you. There are no tests, only scenario questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to do something unpopular and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    Always attempt to negotiate. If you aren't happy with the salary then don't take the job unless it's your dream position.

CLS Assistant II Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Kemin Industries in January 2010.

For lower level positions the process is rather standard. They ask several behavioral based questions about how you have reacted/performed in past experiences or how you work with others. They ask questions like what are your strengths/weaknesses, how you describe yourself. Higher level positions usually require a presentation of some sort. The process take about a half day, longer for upper level positions.

Interview Questions
    • There are time when we have difficulty working with other team members. Describe a time when you and another team member had a conflict and how was it resolved?   Answer Question

Worked for Kemin Industries? Contribute to the Community!