Kemin Industries Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kemin Industries.

Interview

Starts with a phone interview to asses your personality.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation for this position

Dishwasher Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kemin Industries.

Interview

The only interview I received was over the phone.

Quality Control Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kemin Industries (Des Moines, IA) in May 2011.

Interview

A lot of questions not related to the position A series of tag team interviews actually 4 teams then lunch with 3 more people then a 1 on 1 with the big cheese and then one more with HR ...

Interview Questions

• followed the star paradigm to a tee. Make sure you have complete situation task action and response for a number of issues. This is the entire interview process   Answer Question

Director of R&D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kemin Industries (Des Moines, IA) in March 2010.

Interview

The initial request for a telephone interview was made two days after I had applied to an online posting. The interview format was unique in my experience, consisting of the interviewer reading me several dozen questions from a script. Most of these had little to do with the job responsibilities and my qualifications opposite them. Rather, they were of the open ended psychological evaluation type, with many different questions asking essentially the same things in alternate ways. When I asked for clarification on some of the questions prior to answering, the interviewer told me to just answer as I saw fit, that there were no "right" or "wrong" answers; but of course there were (sort of like filling out a Wal-Mart job application, if you have experienced that dubious pleasure). Without knowing exactly what the interviewer wanted to know, I'm sure I shot myself in the foot with some of my answers. Several things asked for, both in the questions themselves and in additional information I was requested to supply afterwards, were thinly veiled attempts to determine my age without crossing the line into overt age descrimination. Unfortunately, I am a member of that unsuitable-for-hire 50+ age group. There was no follow-up contact from the company after the interview, but the position was re-posted the following month; 'nuff said.

Interview Questions

• The whole line of questioning was outside of my previous experience.   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kemin Industries (Chennai (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was crisp and they had a standard set of questions to be asked post the aptitude test. Good written and oral communication will earn you brownie points. The interviewers will put you into ease. No special preparation is required for the interview. Just honest and direct answers will be more than sufficient.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. The HR's seemed stubborn.

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ludhiana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kemin Industries (Ludhiana (India)) in June 2014.

Interview

Structured open ended questionnaire, nothing to fear, nothing at all to prepare. Just takes down your experience. Remember there are no right or wrong answers to this. All you require is being honest, and that you won't mind going extra mile to achieve your goals, that your conduct will be good and that you'll be regular with your work

very less salary

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kemin Industries.

Interview

Two phone interviews, one position related and one behavioral based questions. Followed by on-site interview with multiple personnel, 1-2 at a time. My interview required a presentation to a large group prior to the actual interviews. Follow-up for each step was thorough and I was well informed of next steps and timelines.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Little to no negotiation

Research Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kemin Industries.

Interview

First make presentation to ten people then do interviews with two people at a time. They have specific behavior questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Ask for more vacation

General Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kemin Industries.

Interview

Depending on the position, resumes are typically parsed by HR professionals. After that, typically the hiring process starts with the hiring manager giving you a call requesting a phone interview. If you pass that initial interview, you typically meet with your potential teammates and they vote on you. There are no tests, only scenario questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to do something unpopular and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Always attempt to negotiate. If you aren't happy with the salary then don't take the job unless it's your dream position.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herentals (Belgium)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kemin Industries (Herentals (Belgium)) in March 2011.

Interview

Competence based interview. First with HR (High level interview) then with President and presentation to some Board Members. The process was led by HR which gave an impressive feedback. This man was among the reasons why I joined this company (professionalism) but left Kemin after several months

Interview Questions

• How will you describe your new job to your children ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Quite complex but fair