Kemper Insurance

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Claim Adjuster Interview

Plymouth Meeting, PA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Kemper Insurance in November 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a former Manager. We worked together at another insurance company. She knew my work ethic and asked me to come in for an interview.

Interview Question – Why was I interested in working at a company 40 miles from home.   View Answer

Legal Auditor Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Kemper Insurance in May 2011.

Interview Details – Initially, I worked with a employment recruiter. Provided multiple telephone conversations then was granted an interview. Interviewed with two manager level employees who each represented a different "perspective" of the company environment. I prepared for about a month to get to this point and learned a lot about the company.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected question. The most difficult was a managerial question which had varying answers about how a person in the position (a non-manager position) would handle problem employee.   Answer Question

Claims Interview

Claims
Dallas, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Kemper Insurance in September 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly generic, they have a set of specific questions that they ask all potential employees. These questions are based on your ability to answer questions based on your technical skills, problem solving skills, customer service skills etc. Overall the interview process does not really strive to get to know you as an individual but only your work skills.

Interview Question – Name a time where you had to use technical/IT skills to solve a problem   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation

FInance Interview

Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Kemper Insurance in April 2012.

Interview Details – Group interview consisting of meeting with many execs of the firm

Interview Questions

Sales Agent Interview

Sales Agent

I applied through college or university and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Kemper Insurance.

Interview Details – long process cause u have to approved before u can apply and then takes weeks

Claims Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kemper Insurance in July 2008.

Interview Details – Telephonic, then face to face with multiple managers

Interview Question – How do you handle a claim   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I could not negotiate salary but did negotiate paid time off. i would have a more firm starting position on salary.

Property Adjuster Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kemper Insurance in August 2009.

Interview Details – You will receive a random phone call from the HR manager. She will basically ask you questions to gain your experience level in comparison to the position you applied for. Then you will be requested for a 1:1 interview with the manager which will consist of more direct questions related to the position.

Interview Question – Very basic questions: Tell me about your experience related to the position you are applying for? Describe a difficult task you had, and if you were able to overcome it....etc??   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You may try to negotiate, but they are on a tight budget so it is a take it or leave deal.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Kemper Insurance? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kemper Insurance interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Kemper Insurance employees and interview candidates.