Kemper Insurance

Kemper Insurance Interview Questions

Updated Oct 1, 2014
Updated Oct 1, 2014

Senior Special Investigator Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Kemper Insurance.

Not a difficult inteview lasted approximately 45 minutes. I was already in the industry, and met with two managers from the company. Examination of background and ability to handle complex investigations. Matching of the background to expectations and past performance. Reasons for seekingthe piosition etc. Had a common background wih the people interviewing me, one wa a former Lieut\enant in the Police Department and the other a West point Graduate. Both developed into good people to work with and work for.

Interview Questions
    • Ther were no difficult or unexpected qustions, this only because of background in the industry.   Answer Question
    I made a request taht exceedd by previos employer by 10% and received an offer that exceeded it only by 5 %, however that progressed over the term of employment.

Finance Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kemper Insurance in January 2014.

Process took 1 Month. After you apply someone will call you out of the blue and will do a qualifying interview. They will just ask questions about your resume to verify some things. Nothing to hard, all you do is sell you and let your personality show while answering the questions. Then you will be contacted to either set up an in person interview or phone interview with a manager. It will be a panel interview consisting of about 2-4 executives depending on the position. Interviews are very extensive but everyone is nice and friendly and just want to know if you are a right fit for the position that you are applying for. Mostly asked questions about experience, you will probably get at least two behavioral questions, so just be prepared. If you show passion and know why you are applying and have a real interest you should be fine. Don't be intimidated everyone is really nice and personable.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to resolve a conflict.
      Why Kemper?
      Of all the candidates why should we choose you?

Answer Question
    I did not negotiate they exceeded my expectations. I was happy.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Kemper Insurance in April 2012.

Group interview consisting of meeting with many execs of the firm

Claims Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Kemper Insurance in September 2011.

The interview process was fairly generic, they have a set of specific questions that they ask all potential employees. These questions are based on your ability to answer questions based on your technical skills, problem solving skills, customer service skills etc. Overall the interview process does not really strive to get to know you as an individual but only your work skills.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you had to use technical/IT skills to solve a problem   Answer Question
    No room for negotiation

Legal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Kemper Insurance in May 2011.

Initially, I worked with a employment recruiter. Provided multiple telephone conversations then was granted an interview. Interviewed with two manager level employees who each represented a different "perspective" of the company environment. I prepared for about a month to get to this point and learned a lot about the company.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected question. The most difficult was a managerial question which had varying answers about how a person in the position (a non-manager position) would handle problem employee.   Answer Question

Senior Claim Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth Meeting, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Kemper Insurance in November 2010.

I was contacted by a former Manager. We worked together at another insurance company. She knew my work ethic and asked me to come in for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why was I interested in working at a company 40 miles from home.   View Answer

Underwriter Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kemper Insurance in February 2010.

I had e-mailed my resume to HR and heard back within a week. A face to face interview was set up with the Underwriting Supervisor and the Underwriting Manager was there for part of it. I also briefly sat with an Underwriter to see how the day went, which was nice to meet part of the team. I heard back within a week and was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • There were a lot of situation type of questions. What would you do if a co-worker was not doing his/her job? Tell us what you would say to an agent if this happened?   Answer Question

Sales Agent Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Kemper Insurance.

long process cause u have to approved before u can apply and then takes weeks

Property Adjuster Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kemper Insurance in August 2009.

You will receive a random phone call from the HR manager. She will basically ask you questions to gain your experience level in comparison to the position you applied for. Then you will be requested for a 1:1 interview with the manager which will consist of more direct questions related to the position.

Interview Questions
    • Very basic questions: Tell me about your experience related to the position you are applying for? Describe a difficult task you had, and if you were able to overcome it....etc??   View Answer
    You may try to negotiate, but they are on a tight budget so it is a take it or leave deal.

Claims Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kemper Insurance in July 2008.

Telephonic, then face to face with multiple managers

Interview Questions
    I could not negotiate salary but did negotiate paid time off. i would have a more firm starting position on salary.