Kemper Interview Questions

Updated Jun 9, 2015

2.7

Policy Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kemper (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process overall was smooth. Started with a phone interview with typical screening questions. Had my face to face interview within 1 week and was hired week following that.

Senior Special Investigator Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Kemper.

Interview

Not a difficult inteview lasted approximately 45 minutes. I was already in the industry, and met with two managers from the company. Examination of background and ability to handle complex investigations. Matching of the background to expectations and past performance. Reasons for seekingthe piosition etc. Had a common background wih the people interviewing me, one wa a former Lieut\enant in the Police Department and the other a West point Graduate. Both developed into good people to work with and work for.

Interview Questions

• Ther were no difficult or unexpected qustions, this only because of background in the industry.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I made a request taht exceedd by previos employer by 10% and received an offer that exceeded it only by 5 %, however that progressed over the term of employment.

Underwriting Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kemper.

Interview

Two person interview process. Low stress

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Kemper.

Interview

pass competency test 1st, application drug screen background check, go to hondros college for a 1 week coarse on insurance basics

Systems Analyst/Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kemper (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Interview process was very easy. Not a lot of technical question.

Interview Questions

• Can't really think of any.. Like I said, it was very easy..   1 Answer

Negotiation

They called me to come over and review the offer, and so I did and accepted it.

Finance Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kemper (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

Process took 1 Month. After you apply someone will call you out of the blue and will do a qualifying interview. They will just ask questions about your resume to verify some things. Nothing to hard, all you do is sell you and let your personality show while answering the questions. Then you will be contacted to either set up an in person interview or phone interview with a manager. It will be a panel interview consisting of about 2-4 executives depending on the position. Interviews are very extensive but everyone is nice and friendly and just want to know if you are a right fit for the position that you are applying for. Mostly asked questions about experience, you will probably get at least two behavioral questions, so just be prepared. If you show passion and know why you are applying and have a real interest you should be fine. Don't be intimidated everyone is really nice and personable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to resolve a conflict. Why Kemper? Of all the candidates why should we choose you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate they exceeded my expectations. I was happy.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Kemper (Chicago, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

Group interview consisting of meeting with many execs of the firm

Examiner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kemper (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2012.

Interview

Phone call with a few regular questions. In person interview with standard questions about experience with claims customers. Be prepared for to give examples and be open and honest about your experience if any. After interviews it takes a few days to a week to select. If the offer is made you will be required to complete background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you provided excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Claims Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kemper (Dallas, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

The interview process was fairly generic, they have a set of specific questions that they ask all potential employees. These questions are based on your ability to answer questions based on your technical skills, problem solving skills, customer service skills etc. Overall the interview process does not really strive to get to know you as an individual but only your work skills.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to use technical/IT skills to solve a problem   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for negotiation

Legal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Kemper (Dallas, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

Initially, I worked with a employment recruiter. Provided multiple telephone conversations then was granted an interview. Interviewed with two manager level employees who each represented a different "perspective" of the company environment. I prepared for about a month to get to this point and learned a lot about the company.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected question. The most difficult was a managerial question which had varying answers about how a person in the position (a non-manager position) would handle problem employee.   Answer Question