Kenexa

Updated Nov 13, 2014

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Kenexa.

Called me in for an interview for an internship position, was told I'd hear back within three weeks. I applied through an online website at my university that posts positions, and someone contacted me a few weeks later (where I had even forgotten I had applied)

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Kenexa.

My resume was mined off Monster so I received a phone screen call from a recruiter. I was then advanced to the VP of Client Services for a phone interview. I then met with the department manager and was also provided a co-worker's contact information for a peer review. After that, I was flown out to Boston to meet other division managers and had lunch with the department manager who I would be reporting to. The experience was positive and I was definitely "sold" the company and culture while I was there. "Webhire" had just been acquired by Kenexa and so the team that interviewed me was from the original Webhire crew. My interview process was more indicative of how Webhire managed it and not Kenexa so there was some confusion about next steps once I was made an offer. It was AFTER I was hired that they had me complete a behavioral assessment (good thing I was a good fit for the position!). I'm not sure if they still administer these assessments, but don't be surprised if you're required to complete one. The cool thing was that when I went to Lincoln, NE for my company orientation, I got to meet with one of Kenexa's staff PhD's to review my behavioral assessment--one of the highlights of my trip. Orientation seemed like a waste of time as there was a lot of information related to working in the office (dress code, etc), although I was a virtual employee.

Interview Questions
    I had also received another offer from a local company on the same day. Both offers were comparable so there was no need to negotiate. The one thing I requested was more vacation time as I was giving up 4 weeks from my current job, and the offer only included 2 weeks and was denied any increase (I requested 3 weeks). I accepted the offer anyway.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kenexa in August 2013.

I had a phone screen which was behavioral and then a face to face with the immediate hiring manager. They want you to know about the culture and values and pick your favorite; then talk about it during the interview. I was hired before the acquisition by IBM was in full effect so I'm not sure that this commentary reflects current practices. It depends on the hiring manager but it's a pretty laid back process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX

The hiring or 'onboarding process' is very long and drawn out.

Interview Questions
    • I had two interviews here and was extremely nervous for my first one and was rejected. The second one, I was more relaxed and pretty much lead the interview. I don't remember any specific questions, though the process was broken down to me as I came with no recruiting experience. My hiring manager made me feel very relaxed and at ease.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. I got what I asked for.

Recruitment Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Kenexa.

Screening Process was simple. Second part was a phone interview with about 45 minutes worth of questions. Guy was really nice.

Interview Questions
    • What is customer service to you. Who is the hardest person you've ever had to work for and why. How did you over come that situation.   Answer Question
    Negotiation took place in the screening process. I gave an offer. They counter offered me. We met in the middle. Be stern, they will try to get you to go lower before they agree to the final offer.

Recruiter I Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kenexa in June 2013.

Ridiculous and unorganized. I applied for a recruiter position online, and instantly got a call from an internal recruiter who told me that their pay range was about 8k less than what I wanted, and tried to convince me that she could get me in for a recruiter coordinator position so that I could gain more experience. She scheduled me for a phone screen that day, which I completed. I never heard back so tried to call a few days later, and her phone number did not work. I was unsuccessful with tracking her down for feedback.
    A month later I got a call stating that they wanted to set up an interview for a Recruiter I position. I scheduled the phone interview, and the manager never called. I called that recruiter and we rescheduled. I was told that they could only do it at 12noon and it would take an hour, and I only had a 30 minute lunch. I was able to arrange it, and that manager did not call me, another one did 10 minutes late. He was nice, apologized for the last episode, told me about the position, and basically we went through a review of a resume. I was told the decision would be made quickly, but I never heard back. I called to check and was told that someone would call me that next week. I heard nothing. I called again about a week later, and was treated like I was a burden. 6 weeks later, no answer. If I had to take time out, and lose pay for an interview, I should at least get an answer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about each position on your resume, how it pertains to this job, and why you left.   View Answer

Inside Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kenexa.

Very Streamlined and efficient... It better be as it is a Human Resource Capital Management company. These guys know what their doing and they are smart to call candidates in or out quickly so as to not waste either party's time or effort.

Interview Questions
    • "Lets pretend, for a moment we offered you the position today at a salary more than twice what you made last year. This is just pretend now... How would you continue to push yourself if money was no longer the driving force to excel in a competitive sales role? And what are looking for from your management team to keep you inspired to be more successful day in and day out?"   View Answer
    The role was to sell compensation software. They offered 20% more than what the role typically should list at for inside sales executive. No need to get greedy, it was more than a fair offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kenexa.

Work culture is pretty bad though they portray nicely during the interview. Interview is easy.

Interview Questions
    • There were few questions in the online test they ask you to take.   Answer Question
    There will not be any negotiation or wiggle room.

Project Manager Interview

Had initial phone screen with a recruiter who was very friendly and professional. Told me what to expect during the initial screening and what the next steps would be.

Was scheduled for additional phone screens with a Program Manager and the Director. Both were professional and asked the typical questions regarding applicable experience with managing projects.

Had a third call for a behavioral assessment interview with 65 questions. Was a little surprised this was done over the phone vs. an online assessment, especially since Kenexa has an assessment solution.

Interview Questions
    • Typical behavioral-based questions related to experience with project management, customer relations, and strategy.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kenexa.

Although some of the tools Kenexa has built are used as part of the evaluation process, their general process was surprisingly low tech and unsophisticated.

They do use assessments if you make it to that part of their hiring process.

Face to face interviews are usually run by 3 or more managers and (future) peers, but results are compared by gut checks versus any real grading system (as far as I could tell).

Interview Questions
    • This place can get nutty at times, why would you want to work here?   View Answer