Kennametal

Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Latrobe, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 9 months - interviewed at Kennametal.

Interview Details – Interview process started about 6 months after I applied for the job. I was sent an email that asked for my availability, and that some one would be in touch. After a couple weeks of that date coming and going, I then received a call from the hiring manager out of the blue. She began asking me questions about my experience, and then at the end of the call indicated that the job description had changed. I was then asked to come in meet with a couple individuals, when I asked what the new job description was not one person could give me an answer, and the individuals I was "interviewing" with were not only not helpful, but I'm not sure were the right individuals for me to meet with, as they have no idea what they were interviewing me for. All in all it was a very unprofessional interview process, I was referred to the job by a current employee, and indicated to him that if this was any indication on how the company operated I would not be a good fit. I later received a notification that I was not the right candidate for the job because the the description had changed again.

Interview Question – The most difficult, unexpected question was really just getting a call out of the blue, unscheduled from the hiring manager.   Answer Question

Maintenance Electrician Interview

Maintenance Electrician

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kennametal.

Interview Details – Pertinent questions were asked. How do you calibrate a thermocouple? What do you do when a conveyor slows down and you are using a 3 phase motor in the Y configuration? Would you adjust the frequency drive? What have you done to overcome adversity at your last job? Can you weld?

Interview Question – What are your strengths and your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate, the offer was fair and I like the environment. I like dealing with a straight shooter. I hate working for a weasel, So I like this place.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Supply Chain Analyst

Interviewed at Kennametal

Interview Details – Called back by the HR manager, 1 hour on-site interview with the hiring manager and a senior position staff. Mostly went over resume.

Interview Question – Nothing really difficult.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Kennametal.

Interview Details – First there was a telephone screen interview, then face to face panel interview with three Supervisors, called within hours to be hired.

Interview Question – If you had your ideal job what would it be?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Operations Rotation Program Interview

Operations Rotation Program

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kennametal.

Interview Details – Firstly, interviewers let me introduce myself and talk about the position and the company. Then they asked me to answer several behavior questions.

Interview Question – What would you like to do when you have conflict with your partner?   Answer Question

CNC Machinist Interview

CNC Machinist
New Albany, IN

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Kennametal.

Interview Details – Resume, length of experience, what type of machines you have worked on before.

Interview Question – Where would you like to be in 5 years   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They are very negotiable....

Very Easy Interview

Inspection Trinee In 1978 Interview

Inspection Trinee In 1978
Indianapolis, OK

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Kennametal in October 2009.

Interview Details – widia india called an advisement in Deccan Heareld for the post of Inspection trinee I applide the same they called for the interview the panel people interview then they selceted Iwork one year then they interview with MD of the compeny Igot through in 1979 octomber still now wprking in the same compeny

Interview Question – onely about where I worked   View Answer

Negotiation Details – At that time no negotiation onely salery sector

Associate Engineer Interview

Associate Engineer
Latrobe, PA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kennametal in April 2011.

Interview Details – Once they got my resume and they liked it, the HR person called me for a phone interview. We went through my resume and cleared some doubts. Then i was called for an onsite interview in 2 days. I had a day long interview which started with the HR head, my manager, Director of technology, Presentation and 2 other managers. once this was done, i was offered a package after 5 days. I accepted after negotiation.

Interview Question – why do you want to join kennametel?   View Answer

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Graduate Engineer Trainee

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Kennametal in October 2011.

Interview Details – Written (Both Tech and Aptitude) followed by GD & PI.
Easy questions on your favorite subjects.

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Kennametal in April 2012.

Interview Details – Nice and easy

Interview Question – Why Kennametal?   Answer Question

Worked for Kennametal? Contribute to the Community!