Kennedy Krieger Institute

Relevance Date Difficulty

Clinical Assistant I Interview

Clinical Assistant I
Baltimore, MD

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Kennedy Krieger Institute in March 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online at the career section of their website. Got a phone call from an HR rep like a month later. She was very thorough and cordial - went over the details and responsibilities of the position, the pay rate, and what shifts were available. After I agreed that everything sounded like something I would be willing to do, I was then asked to come in for an in-person interview. Was scheduled for the next week.

Dressed professionally and brought in all of my information (cover letter, resumes, and transcripts if she needed them, along with a notepad and pen). Also showed up early and thankfully for me, she was free to start the interview earlier than we had scheduled for. We exchanged pleasantries and then she went over the position again and all of the information to make sure that it was a position I wanted to step into. After that, she showed me some case studies on a laptop that she had set up beforehand and we went over them. I made sure to take notes while she explained things to me and asked questions about the case studies (just so that she would know that I was interested in everything that the organization did).

Afterwards, we role-played a situation I might find myself in with this position (that part was actually fun even though I wasn't expecting it and at first it kind of threw me off guard). I told her that I had fun and she said that I handled myself very well in that situation. She immediately asked me to come in for a second interview after that. We set it up for a few days later.

The second interview went right to the nitty-gritty right after we shook hands. She asked me to sit down and then told me that I would be given a test! Thankfully, I actually don't mind tests/exams, so it was cool with me (even though I wasn't expecting *that* either). She gave me the information beforehand and asked me to read over it before beginning. Then she left me to my own devices for about 30 minutes. It was an easy test since I was left with the information, with about 20 questions asking what certain situations called for and what actions to take regarding patients. The back of it had a few short answers and then just some general questions about why you would want to work here, etc, etc.

After half and hour she came back in and she basically scored my test and we went over it together. I got all but one right, but it was all very informal and comfortable. No tension whatsoever. She was very, very nice. After the test business, she asked me some basic interview questions. I answered them all with ease. After going through the ringer with role-playing and test taking, the conventional interview question was a breeze and actually a little welcome. She told me that she liked everything she had heard and she would love to offer me the position BUT she had to check my references first. Which is the REAL reason why this interview process took so long. For some reason she could not get a hold of the references I provided right away and it took a few weeks. She did keep me updated throughout the whole process though, which I really appreciated.

For this reason, I missed the date for the training class in which she intended me to be in, but I was placed in the next one. All's well that ends well, I suppose.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiating with this position. I think you start at $11 without a degree, and at $12 with a degree. Which seems really low to me, but nothing you can do about it. Fortunately, this position does have great promotion potential, so there's always that, I guess.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Kennedy Krieger Institute? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kennedy Krieger Institute Clinical Assistant I interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Kennedy Krieger Institute employees and interview candidates.