Kennesaw State University Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2015

2.1

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kennesaw State University.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call about 3 weeks later inviting me to a phone interview with multiple people that lasted about 30 minutes. About 2 weeks later, I was invited back for an on campus interview with multiple people that lasted about 30 minutes and followed by an administrative task using a computer. I was called by HR about 2 weeks after that and was offered the job. Be sure to review HR's website - there is a wealth of information that gave me a lot of insight into the process, the pay, and policies.

Interview Questions

• Typical workplace questions: What are your strengths? Why do you want to work at KSU? What is your experience working with Windows/Office/etc.? What is your compensation requirements?   Answer Question

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kennesaw State University.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was swift. I was able to apply through the KSU careers portal with my resume, transcripts and cover letter. I was contacted by the head of the department for a phone interview and shortly thereafter I was offer the opportunity to teach 1 class part time on campus.

Interview Questions

• How many years of experience do you have in the field and what qualifies you to teach this class?   Answer Question

Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kennesaw State University.

Interview

I was given some general questions to be prepared to answer on the day of my interview. They were mainly behavioral questions. I first spoke with the director of the department. I then had a conversation with one of the assistant directors. I was called in to interview three days later. The interview was a panel interview of three people. It was laid back, I felt no level of intimidation or uneasy with the personalities or questions.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you.... what did you intend to accomplish when.... what were the results of....?   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kennesaw State University (Kennesaw, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Fairly laid back and routine interview. Opened with small talk with the usual transition to standard interview questions regarding my past professional experiences. There was also a query as to what transpired that is leading me to seek new employment.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume highlighting some of the accomplishments you are most proud of in each role.   Answer Question

STARS Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kennesaw State University (Kennesaw, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was referred then asked to fill out an application in which an interview followed. The referral was based on my year in school as well as seen skills that would ideally match the role of assisting the director on the trip. It was later that week that I was contacted and asked a few questions. The application was fairly simple and the follow up even simpler.

Administrative Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kennesaw State University (Kennesaw, GA).

Interview

The interview process was thorough because the interviewer was prepared, knew what to ask, took a lot of notes. I interviewed with the prospective supervisor, the supervisor's supervisor and then a panel.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background? Tell me how you handled a stressful situation? How do you think your experience will enrich this position? Why are you the right candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Know your facts before trying to negotiate or accepting what is offered. All positions offers start at the minimum and there is room for flexibility but know what can be done before accepting or rejecting the salary.

Academic Associate II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kennesaw State University (Kennesaw, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview process was very thorough and professional. The interviewer was polite and gave plenty of opportunity for me to ask any questions I thought of. I was able to gain a lot of knowledge about the UNiversity, and get a good feel for how the work flow would be in the position I applied for.

Interview Questions

• What makes you qualified for this position How would you calm an angry customer What would you do if there was a question you could not answer Where do I see myself in 5 years   Answer Question

Emergency Management Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kennesaw State University (Kennesaw, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

Received a call from HR to schedule an interview. Drove to Georgia and spent the night (paid for my own travel). The next day I had my interview and it took about 15-minutes and after they asked me to tell them about myself they said I had covered all the questions. A few weeks later I received a generic HR email saying they went with another candidate.

Interview Questions

Interview

The hiring process was not hard as I was a contractor trying to obtain new fitness classes. It did require a demonstration of my class performance and also a detailed resume of my fitness experience. Upon being hired, you will be required to provide your current fitness class certifications, your American Heart Association or Red Cross CPR certification, as well as professional liability insurance coverage.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions expect for how do you handle difficult participants that don't adhere to instruction.   1 Answer

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kennesaw State University (Kennesaw, GA) in December 2014.

Interview

Apply on school website for open GRA positions, interviews are like any other employment, discussions to see if you will work well with the Professor you will be assigned to for compatibility and so they may choose the best candidate for their needs.

Interview Questions

• Will researching a subject that you are not currently involved in be interesting enough to sustain the position?   Answer Question