Kent State Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2015

2.0

Computer Lab Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kent State.

Interview

Only one interview was held. I spoke with the direct supervisor about my major and experience. I was told I would find out soon if I was hired. I received an email several days later confirming my hiring.

Flashguide Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kent State.

Interview

Go through a training workshop then proceed to go into interviewing for the position. This interview was between myself and three other people. They asked many questions about dealing with parents and incoming students and well as knowledge about the campus.

Interview Questions

• What would you do about a person being inconsiderate while you were talking?   Answer Question

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, OH

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kent State (Kent, OH).

Interview

Very as expected interview. Nice people

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Kent State (Kent, OH) in August 2012.

Interview

The hiring and interview process for becoming a teaching assistant is very intimate. In most cases it helps to know the professor beforehand by being a dedicated student in a course that he or she taught. This has been my experience, of course the skills, resume, and grades need to be there.

Interview Questions

• How would you teach the class today?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing, I was issued a semester stipend.

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Kent State (Kent, OH) in May 2012.

Interview

After phone interview on a Sunday night, drove 2.5 hours to interview two additional times. First interview was with the hiring committee - 8 people. Second and third times were with the Dean. Received actual offer via email followed by contract. There were many, many days between each step with no updates and offer actually came via email.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience raising funds for a not-for-profit or other similar organization.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was all done via email with the Dean.

Academic Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Kent State in September 2011.

Interview

Depending on the people involved in the hiring process and the urgency of which they need the position filled, you can expect anywhere between 1 month to 3,4 month to wait before you hear anything. In my case, I waited about 3 month after the interview to hear my offer.

It started with phone interviews. I was given several time slots and I selected the earliest one. Make sure you be confident and energized. They can hear your smile and feel your enthusiasm. After I got the job, someone remarked it to me that I was the only phone interview candidate that day who seemed genuinely excited to pick up the phone to speak to them.

Interview will take half a day. You will be taken on a tour of the building first, meet some important people, then head off to the first interview which will be with the general staff you will be working with. You may be asked to do a presentation. Be prepared. DO YOUR RESEARCH ON THE COMPANY. You never know if and when someone might ask you to tell them about the company, so take the time to study the website. After presentation, you will be asked questions about your presentation, and then be asked a list of interview questions they have prepared (including behavioral ones). Everyone was friendly and encouraging.

Then you will be taken to see whoever is the highest authority of your job area (assistant dean, associate, dean, etc, depending on the level of the position). It will be a relaxed one to one conversation. But make sure to reinforce your strength. Slip a few positive comments in.

Finally you will meet with a smaller group of the initial staff, who are on the search committee, plus one or two professors or employee of other functions who is serving on the committee. This is where you will be asked more of these dreadful behavior questions. Be sure to relax and be confident since this is a smaller group and you are closer, being those things will really make a difference.

After that it was done. I waited about 3 month before hearing the offer.

Interview Questions

• What you know about Kent State University.   1 Answer

Negotiation

When they called me in for the interviews it was made clear over the phone that they can only offer the base salary of what is listed on the job description, and if I was still okay with that. Basically, don't come in if you are going to try to get a higher pay.

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, OH

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Kent State (Kent, OH) in June 2011.

Interview

the interview was very easy and simple. it only took a few minutes to complete. He was nice person and try to help me to understand what I have to do for this job. the point is you have to work hard on it and be on time at work.

Interview Questions

• do you have experience for customer services? you think you will do good on this work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

there is no negotiation, it is region.

IT User Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Kent State (Kent, OH) in September 2010.

Interview

A phone interview with 6 people (lasted about 20 to 30 minutes). A wait of about 3 to 4 weeks. A group/panel interview with the same 6 people (lasted about 1 hour). About a 3 week wait. A group/panel interview with 3 people (about 1 hour), then a break, then met with 3 people 1-to-1 over about 2 hours, one of those meeting was mostly a tour of the facility. The other 2 were more traditional - in an office being asked questions and being given detailed information about the job. At this point I was 1 of 3 remaining candidates. A further wait of about 2 weeks before being offered the job over the phone.

Negotiation

The was some room to negotiate salary, albeit only a small amount.

Dean Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Kent State (Fayetteville, NC) in March 2010.

Interview

Email contact was vague to say the least. When I asked what the next step was, I received a email that said only ......set up plane ticket......

The campus is beautiful and appears to be well run. The President was pleasant and to the point. The Vice President of Academic Affairs, which is the position that I most recently held, inquired about everything that I had done.

Interview Questions

• From what you have seen today, what do you think your challenge in the position will be.   Answer Question

Writing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Kent State (Kent, OH) in January 2009.

Interview

I began by applying to an internship course through Kent State University. I was interviewed by a professor who specialized in professional writing and then I was placed into the internship after taking an intelligence test, submitting my past work experience, and my intended specialization. It was quite easy and detached from managers at the internship.

Interview Questions

• Did you have any experience in a publishing environment?   1 Answer