Keppel FELS Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2014
Updated Jul 1, 2014

2.6

Confidential Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Keppel FELS in June 2013.

It began with a phone interview, providing candidate with a deeper understanding of the job applied. A realistic job preview was also given during the phone interview. There are two rounds of interviews. Two interviewer will be conducting the interview. Time in between interviews is about 2 weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Keppel FELS in April 2014.

Three Rounds: hiring manager, senior management, managing director. Most contacts were done via email else via phone. Stiff competition between candidates (FELS offer the position to only 1 suitable candidate)

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult round would be with the senior management.   Answer Question

passion and interest

Graduate Engineer Interview

Interview with 1HR and 1GM. Took around 30min asking which department i most interested in and why.
    Was told to go for a health-checkup after a week later and never heard from them ever since, didnt know where or what went wrong.

Graduate Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Keppel FELS.

Applied through campus. First round was a relax session to introduce yourself. Second round was more of trying to inform you of the long working hours and hash environment expected of the job. Not a very pleasant one as interviewer seems to be more interested in scaring people off rather then to give a positive image of the company or management.

Graduate Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Keppel FELS.

The interview very relaxing, just that they like to keep emphasis their working environment very stressful.

Systems Analyst Interview

3 rounds of interviews. First round is with the direct supervisor and HR. Second round is with the department manager. Third round is with the AGM and HR manager. The interviews are more about what the culture at Keppel is like and what the job scope is about. Interviews are arranged via email and the HR usually is able to accommodate your timing. The interviewers are quite frank and upfront about the job and what you can expect if you accept the job.

Assistant Superintendent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Keppel FELS in August 2012.

I was called by HR after one year of sending the application online. I keep on apply although it is stated that 'those who already apply within one year no need to apply'.First interview is with department's manager. Only asking about technical knowledge. Within first week after the interview, HR called to arrange for second interview. The interview is with top management person. The questions asked were to test your character. Within a month I was asked to come to sign the contract and do medical check up.

Interview Questions
    • You worked with your current company for just two year, do you thing you contribute enough? How many years you think you will serve our company?   View Answer
    OK. But I regret I didn't do research first. The consider me as no experience needed although I have two years plus experience. I didn't argue..

Electrical & Instrumentation Superintendent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Keppel FELS in July 2011.

Very simple as they require staff so the interview is very "formality sake"

They will ask you about your plans for the future.

Some basic electrical questions. Electrical drawings and diagrams should be read up on.

MAKE DOUBLY SURE you express your desire to be able to explore other sections once your "production" phase is done.

No negotiations.

They have all sorts of answers for your questions. These answers only bend to their advantage.

Production Engineer (Painting) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Keppel FELS in June 2013.

Campus interview. 1st round with production manager. 2nd round with hr manager and ED (operation). 3rd round with MD

Interview Questions
    • What makes you think you capable of taking this job which requires you to work extremely long hours.   View Answer

Marine and Offshore Design/Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Varna (Bulgaria)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Varna (Bulgaria)

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Keppel FELS in August 2011.

The company requires a particular pack of documents. The best way is to E-mail the HR and they'll let you know about the required documents. There is an English interview, technical skills (usage of AutoCAD and ability to read drawings) and interview with the management to specify the salary.

Interview Questions

Worked for Keppel FELS? Contribute to the Community!