Keppel FELS

14 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Confidential Interview

Confidential

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Keppel FELS in June 2013.

Interview Details – It began with a phone interview, providing candidate with a deeper understanding of the job applied. A realistic job preview was also given during the phone interview. There are two rounds of interviews. Two interviewer will be conducting the interview. Time in between interviews is about 2 weeks.

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Keppel FELS in April 2014.

Interview Details – Three Rounds: hiring manager, senior management, managing director. Most contacts were done via email else via phone. Stiff competition between candidates (FELS offer the position to only 1 suitable candidate)

Interview Question – The most difficult round would be with the senior management.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – passion and interest

Interviewed at Keppel FELS

Interview Details – Interview with 1HR and 1GM. Took around 30min asking which department i most interested in and why.
Was told to go for a health-checkup after a week later and never heard from them ever since, didnt know where or what went wrong.

Graduate Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Keppel FELS.

Interview Details – Applied through campus. First round was a relax session to introduce yourself. Second round was more of trying to inform you of the long working hours and hash environment expected of the job. Not a very pleasant one as interviewer seems to be more interested in scaring people off rather then to give a positive image of the company or management.

Interview Question – Why choose Keppel?   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Keppel FELS.

Interview Details – The interview very relaxing, just that they like to keep emphasis their working environment very stressful.

Interview Question – Didn't encounter difficult question   View Answer

Systems Analyst Interview

Systems Analyst

Interviewed at Keppel FELS

Interview Details – 3 rounds of interviews. First round is with the direct supervisor and HR. Second round is with the department manager. Third round is with the AGM and HR manager. The interviews are more about what the culture at Keppel is like and what the job scope is about. Interviews are arranged via email and the HR usually is able to accommodate your timing. The interviewers are quite frank and upfront about the job and what you can expect if you accept the job.

Interview Question – What was your favourite module in university?   Answer Question

Assistant Superintendent Interview

Assistant Superintendent
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Keppel FELS in August 2012.

Interview Details – I was called by HR after one year of sending the application online. I keep on apply although it is stated that 'those who already apply within one year no need to apply'.First interview is with department's manager. Only asking about technical knowledge. Within first week after the interview, HR called to arrange for second interview. The interview is with top management person. The questions asked were to test your character. Within a month I was asked to come to sign the contract and do medical check up.

Interview Question – You worked with your current company for just two year, do you thing you contribute enough? How many years you think you will serve our company?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – OK. But I regret I didn't do research first. The consider me as no experience needed although I have two years plus experience. I didn't argue..

Very Easy Interview

Electrical & Instrumentation Superintendent Interview

Electrical & Instrumentation Superintendent
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Keppel FELS in July 2011.

Interview Details – Very simple as they require staff so the interview is very "formality sake"

They will ask you about your plans for the future.

Some basic electrical questions. Electrical drawings and diagrams should be read up on.

MAKE DOUBLY SURE you express your desire to be able to explore other sections once your "production" phase is done.

Interview Question – What do you think of Keppel   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

They have all sorts of answers for your questions. These answers only bend to their advantage.

Production Engineer (Painting) Interview

Production Engineer (Painting)
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Keppel FELS in June 2013.

Interview Details – Campus interview. 1st round with production manager. 2nd round with hr manager and ED (operation). 3rd round with MD

Interview Question – What makes you think you capable of taking this job which requires you to work extremely long hours.   View Answer

Marine and Offshore Design/Design Engineer Interview

Marine and Offshore Design/Design Engineer
Varna (Bulgaria)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Keppel FELS in August 2011.

Interview Details – The company requires a particular pack of documents. The best way is to E-mail the HR and they'll let you know about the required documents. There is an English interview, technical skills (usage of AutoCAD and ability to read drawings) and interview with the management to specify the salary.

Interview Question – It depends on the position you are applying for.   Answer Question

Worked for Keppel FELS? Contribute to the Community!