Keppel Offshore & Marine

Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Engineer Interview

Graduate Engineer
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Keppel Offshore & Marine in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for the position during the career fair in campus. Within a month, I received a call from the HR who asked about my internship experience, my interest and why I want to join the company. Then I was scheduled for an interview which was held 2 days later.

For the interview, which lasted for 30 mimutes, I was interviewed by a HR personnel and an Assistant General Manager (Operations). Questions asked were general and the interviewers were looking for people who are passionate in joining the industry and are able to handle stress in the production department, esprcially when tight datelines have to be met. The AGM also shared about the challenges of the job and mentioned about the environment and working hours.

Interview Question – Tell more about your yourself and your family.
Why should we hire you?
How do you think your field of study can contribute to the company?
  Answer Question

Procurement Officer Interview

Procurement Officer
Tuas (Singapore)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Keppel Offshore & Marine in March 2014.

Interview Details – Had a screening interview at the campus; asked to be nominated for procurement post, was directed from Keppel fels to Keppel shipyard.

Had another interview at the Keppel shipyard and interview with the management and a HR. Interview process was quite harsh as the management was trying to shoot me down.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation phase

Buyer Interview

Buyer
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Keppel Offshore & Marine in February 2014.

Interview Details – 2 rounds of interview, 1st with HR & line mgr, 2nd with HR director & dept director. Process is quite fast. Results of 1st round given in 3 days. Results of 2nd round in 1 week. However, they always mention the need to work OT & weekends.

Interview Question – Why do you leave all prev companies?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They keep mentioning bonus, so no room for nego

Graduate Engineer Interview

Graduate Engineer
Tuas (Singapore)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Keppel Offshore & Marine in September 2011.

Interview Details – 2 interview sessions with HR and mid / senior management.

Interview Question – Do you want to be in a shipyard environment and why yes or no.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Standard fixed rate for graduates based on degree classification.

Graduate Engineer (Management Trainee) Interview

Graduate Engineer (Management Trainee)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Keppel Offshore & Marine in February 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed by Assistant General Manager Operations and Assistant General Manager Human Resource. Described 3 categories of work: "Front-line" (shipyard activities, cash cow, tough job), "headquarters" (planning and control) and "support" (logistics, procurement, etc). AGMO did most of talking and questioning. AGMHR observed, but do not neglect her presence. AGMO explained all the areas of work and asked you to choose which you prefer to work in.

Interview Question – Tell me more about yourself and why choose Keppel. Explaining my weak academic results.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager

Interviewed at Keppel Offshore & Marine

Interview Details – Went through 3 rounds of interviews. First round involved filling in a few forms and answering standard questions with HR personnel. Second round interview involved a senior director and the third round an executive director. Overall it was okay - a lot depends on your fit into the company culture and the value you can add to the company immediately.

Interview Question – Why did you leave your previous job?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Keppel Offshore & Marine.

Interview Details – Have to fill in a lengthy personal particular form (4 pages) and a 70+ questionaire form about my personality. Interviewers were pleasant and did not ask any technical questions.

Engineer Interview

Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at Keppel Offshore & Marine in March 2010.

Interview Details – First met with the recruiters at a university career fair. Very friendly recruiters most of which were alums of the university that I attend. two round interviews, one HR officer, two engineer and one engineer is senior section manager, very straight foreward. But need to think about some questions about long career life in the company.

Interview Question – How long will you stay in our company if we offer you this position?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Keppel Offshore & Marine in August 2007.

Interview Details – Application got processed very fast. Called up for interviews at shipyard. Questions asked regarding work attitude and career plans. Completed a written assignment based on an essay question. Total number of interviews is 3 rounds. Last round involved senior management where they bring you in for a chat. The people seem friendly enough but the work environment leaves some to be desired.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer

Worked for Keppel Offshore & Marine? Contribute to the Community!