Kerry Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Accounting Graduate Program Interview

Accounting Graduate Program
Beloit, WI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kerry Group in July 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and within a few weeks, got a call from HR. HR did a phone screening and after that, sent me assessments to do. The assessments were time-consuming and difficult, but I did pass them. Then, they scheduled an in-person interview for a few weeks later (they paid for travel expenses). The in-person interview was a bad experience. The first person was 20 minutes late in interviewing me. I had to wait another 15 minutes for the second batch of interviews. Two people who interviewed me seemed very annoyed that they had to do it. One was even checking e-mail on her phone as I was speaking. Overall, I got the impression that unless you are willing to work your butt off every day and not have a personal life, Kerry is not for you. The interviewers acted like they did not have a half-hour to give in order to interview someone. They were very stressed. Finally, since my interviews started late, I had literally just enough time to make it to my flight. I didn't have time to even grab lunch. Even if the interviews had started on time, they still should have scheduled my flight later. It was too tight a schedule. Or, they could have had the interview at 8 AM.

Interview Question – I did not get asked any hard interview questions, but it seemed like the interviewers were almost looking for something that was wrong with me. One person asked, "Do you think you would thrive in a very fast-paced environment?" He said that often times, he has so much going it is hard to know what to do first.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

R&D Technologist Interview

R&D Technologist
Commerce, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kerry Group in May 2014.

Interview Details – Interview process was fast and simple. First interview was with HR manager (20 minutes) and second interview was with head of the R&D department (less then 10 minutes). Hired on the spot. They enjoy hiring those with bubbly personalities and can relate the food industry to their field of study.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Why work for Kerry? Why the food industry. Have you seen our webpage and what do you know of it. Tell me about yourself. What do you consider yourself an expert in?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Temp. company handled salary negotiations

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager

Interviewed at Kerry Group

Interview Details – Call from recruiter, came in for a full day of interviews, recruiter called back the next week with a job offer, two rounds of negotiation and accepted the position with a start date a month later. Overall, I've heard that my process moved much faster than usual.

Interview Question – Huge range in interviewers. Some didn't know which questions to ask, one person was trying to make me squirm with very difficult and pointed questions, etc.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

New Graduate Process Engineer Interview

New Graduate Process Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kerry Group in June 2013.

Interview Details – Phone call from HR to set up a phone interview with a Plant Manger.
30 minute basic phone interview with Plant Manager
On-site 1 hour interview

Interview Question – Why did you want to work in the food industry? (Its a trick question because you should not want to work in the food industry if you are a chemical engineer)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary was terrible.

Tour Manager Interview

Tour Manager
Fenton, MO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kerry Group in December 2010.

Interview Details – I found this job listed on Craigslist and sent my resume, I had several emails from them asking questions about my resume before I had a first phone interview, I had 4 phone interviews with different people before I had an interview with the person who actually did the hiring, after 2 calls with her they made an offer, which I declined telling them I needed more money, they came back with another offer which I accepted.

Interview Question – After asking me if I had a commercial drivers License, they asked me if I knew how to drive a truck??   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to get more weekly salary and perdiem.

Accounting Interview

Accounting
Beloit, WI

I applied online and interviewed at Kerry Group.

Interview Details – The interview was a great experience I enjoyed it, and my mood was relaxed. This business seems like a perfect fit for me.

Interview Question – None. Questions were behavioral.   Answer Question

Technical Sales Manager Interview

Technical Sales Manager
Beloit, WI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kerry Group.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR followed by phone interview with hiring manager. Onsite interview with 5 people separately, not a group interview. IQ test and personality profile.

How would you describe Kerry?
Describe a challenging situation and how you handled it.

Interview Question – What technologies does Kerry currently have and how will you apply them to customers?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated a slightly higher offer. Kerry was fair in their negotiation.

Accounting Assistant Interview

Accounting Assistant

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Kerry Group in February 2013.

Interview Details – I was interviewed on the campus by 2 Kerry employees

Interview Question – What are your goals in 5, 10 years   Answer Question

Purchasing Manager Interview

Purchasing Manager

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Kerry Group.

Interview Details – Straightforward hiring process involving some technical questions on previously managed commodities and categories.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Another more competitive role and salary offer.

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Kerry Group.

Interview Details – I submitted a resume online and was contacted by an HR recruiter. Very positive experience, a pleasant process. Interview consisted of meeting with HR and a few individuals that I would be working for. Standard interview questions...pleasant casual discussion with everyone after the question portion was completed.

Interview Question – All pretty standard interview questions. Strengths, weaknesses, 'give me an example of a time...".   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were open to negotiating based on my experience and previous earning potentials.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Kerry Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kerry Group interview questions and advice. All 36 interview reviews posted anonymously by Kerry Group employees and interview candidates.