Kershner Trading Group Interview Questions

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kershner Trading Group

Senior Equity Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kershner Trading Group (Austin, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

They just asked me about my past record. I was surprised they didnt quite understand what I was doing. I got a feeling, they were more interested in what my firm was doing than what I was planning to do trading for their firm.

Interview Questions

The firm did not appear like a professional outfit. The contract they offered me was unacceptable to anyone who is an independent trader. Several better options available in the industry for anyone worth his salt in the markets.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kershner Trading Group (Austin, TX) in October 2008.

Interview

Informal place, but a very formal process. You must pass a typing, coordination, and math test. You will be interviewed by about four people.

Interview Questions

• The test were rigorous, but the questions were relatively mundane.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating.

Proprietary Trader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kershner Trading Group (Austin, TX) in July 2007.

Interview

Thorough and detailed. I was interviewed by several people: the HR manager, the company controller, and two coaches, and I ended up making about three visits to complete them all. Each asked pertinent questions about my motivation, skill set, and outlook, and warned of the difficulties involved in the position.

Trader Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kershner Trading Group in July 2009.

Interview

Very casual office. Meeting includes interviews with head of risk and IR, as well as computer tests to see what your ability to react to motions on the computer as well as the ability to spot patterns. Phone interview was more of a personality than anything to see if you have the right mindset to be a trader.

Trader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kershner Trading Group in December 2008.

Interview

I talked with the Human Resources department first then I interviewed with my trading coach. The interview was mostly about why I like trading so much. They want to know that you are 100% committed because if don't love the work then you will most likely not make it. The office is very laid back and traders can pretty much do what they want as long as they make money.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a trader?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kershner Trading Group in August 2008.

Interview

it is very good but too many rounds, finally got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

tough enough so better to use an hunter.