Kershner Trading Group Interview Questions & Reviews

3.2

Senior Equity Trader Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Kershner Trading Group in October 2012.

They just asked me about my past record. I was surprised they didnt quite understand what I was doing. I got a feeling, they were more interested in what my firm was doing than what I was planning to do trading for their firm.

Interview Questions

The firm did not appear like a professional outfit. The contract they offered me was unacceptable to anyone who is an independent trader. Several better options available in the industry for anyone worth his salt in the markets.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Kershner Trading Group in October 2008.

Informal place, but a very formal process. You must pass a typing, coordination, and math test.
    You will be interviewed by about four people.

Interview Questions
    • The test were rigorous, but the questions were relatively mundane.   View Answer
    No negotiating.

Proprietary Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Kershner Trading Group in July 2007.

Thorough and detailed. I was interviewed by several people: the HR manager, the company controller, and two coaches, and I ended up making about three visits to complete them all. Each asked pertinent questions about my motivation, skill set, and outlook, and warned of the difficulties involved in the position.

Trader Interview

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Kershner Trading Group in July 2009.

Very casual office. Meeting includes interviews with head of risk and IR, as well as computer tests to see what your ability to react to motions on the computer as well as the ability to spot patterns. Phone interview was more of a personality than anything to see if you have the right mindset to be a trader.

Trader Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kershner Trading Group in December 2008.

I talked with the Human Resources department first then I interviewed with my trading coach. The interview was mostly about why I like trading so much. They want to know that you are 100% committed because if don't love the work then you will most likely not make it. The office is very laid back and traders can pretty much do what they want as long as they make money.

Engineering Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Kershner Trading Group in August 2008.

it is very good but too many rounds, finally got the job.

Interview Questions
    tough enough so better to use an hunter.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kershner Trading Group

Worked for Kershner Trading Group? Contribute to the Community!