Kershner Trading Group

Very Easy Interview

Senior Equity Trader Interview

Senior Equity Trader
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Kershner Trading Group in October 2012.

Interview Details – They just asked me about my past record. I was surprised they didnt quite understand what I was doing. I got a feeling, they were more interested in what my firm was doing than what I was planning to do trading for their firm.

Interview Question – How do I pick my stocks?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The firm did not appear like a professional outfit. The contract they offered me was unacceptable to anyone who is an independent trader. Several better options available in the industry for anyone worth his salt in the markets.

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Kershner Trading Group in October 2008.

Interview Details – Informal place, but a very formal process. You must pass a typing, coordination, and math test.
You will be interviewed by about four people.

Interview Question – The test were rigorous, but the questions were relatively mundane.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiating.

Proprietary Trader Interview

Proprietary Trader
Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Kershner Trading Group in July 2007.

Interview Details – Thorough and detailed. I was interviewed by several people: the HR manager, the company controller, and two coaches, and I ended up making about three visits to complete them all. Each asked pertinent questions about my motivation, skill set, and outlook, and warned of the difficulties involved in the position.

Interview Question – Why do you believe you'll be successful as a trader?   Answer Question

Trader

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Kershner Trading Group in July 2009.

Interview Details – Very casual office. Meeting includes interviews with head of risk and IR, as well as computer tests to see what your ability to react to motions on the computer as well as the ability to spot patterns. Phone interview was more of a personality than anything to see if you have the right mindset to be a trader.

Interview Question – What is your 5 year plan?   Answer Question

Trader

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kershner Trading Group in December 2008.

Interview Details – I talked with the Human Resources department first then I interviewed with my trading coach. The interview was mostly about why I like trading so much. They want to know that you are 100% committed because if don't love the work then you will most likely not make it. The office is very laid back and traders can pretty much do what they want as long as they make money.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be a trader?   View Answer

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Kershner Trading Group in August 2008.

Interview Details – it is very good but too many rounds, finally got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – tough enough so better to use an hunter.

Worked for Kershner Trading Group? Contribute to the Community!