Kessler Collection

Updated Nov 10, 2014

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kessler Collection

Bartender Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kessler Collection.

Involves an online application, upon selection a manager will have a formal interview, followed by an additional interview with the general manager of the hotel. After approval a meeting with human resources is arranged followed by a drug test. Pending successful drug test

Interview Questions
    • Discuss an occasion in which you were required to cut someone off.   Answer Question

Guest Service Agent Interview

It took about three-four weeks to hear back whether they wanted to schedule an interview or not. Once I got the email it just said to come to the resort for "interviews from 9am-12pm". I showed up at 8:45am and planned to get the process done early. I wasn't even spoken to by someone from the company until 11:30 and once the interview was over they said they would contact me. The actual interview only took maybe 5 minutes and they couldn't get that done earlier? I was there for almost three hours for a 5 minute interview? I was one of maybe 15 people in the room and some were interviewed three times while I sat there and some were offered positions. A man I sat next to came to the interview in a a button up and jean and didn't have all of his teeth. He was one of the ones interviewed three times and offered a position. I was very disappointed and let down by how unprofessionally the whole process was handled.

Beverage Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kessler Collection in March 2014.

The interview process is thorough and I sat for several interviews in one day, as all interviewees meet with multiple decision-makers during the process, including the General Manager of the hotel.

The vetting process can be lengthy, due to pre-employment drug and background screenings, so patience is required.

Interview Questions
    • Describe previous experience, siting specific examples of successes and/or failures   Answer Question
    Salary was negotiated and I received top of the range for my position, based on my salary with (then) current employer

General Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Kessler Collection in January 2013.

Sparatic, there was little contact with the team. The HR manager Melissa was very unprofessional with her lines of questioning, i would even take it to the level that she was discriminatory/violating EEOC guidelines, but I am not an HR professional so I cannot answer that.

Corporate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kessler Collection in September 2014.

The interview was enjoyable and relaxed. The person with whom I interviewed was comfortable and conversational. The interview was professional. The process of scheduling the interview was difficult and I encountered very slow response times.