Kessler Collection Interview Questions

Updated Jun 1, 2015

2.6

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Kessler Collection.

Interview

Took forever. Had to wait weeks to arrange for everyone's schedule, then only had 5-10 minute Skype interview. Had to interview with many different people who didn't seem to have read my resume. Many of the questions were repeated by each person. I had to interview with 5 people before an offer was made.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked for a family run business before?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer suited my needs at the time so while there was some confusion about the offer(s) I took it anyway.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kessler Collection.

Interview

Entire process took about 2 months. First was a phone interview with two employees (not HR). Almost a month later I was contacted to come in to meet in person with one of the people I had the phone interview with and HR. At the end of that interview I was asked when I could come back to meet with some of the executives and was told I would be contacted but never received any reply.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were pretty typical with the position/general interview questions. It seemed like maybe they weren't sure exactly what they were looking for though.   Answer Question

Interior Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Kessler Collection (Orlando, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

Went through several rounds of interviews - phone with HR, Skype with dept. head, in-person with HR dept. head, and finally gave them my references - all of whom they sent a 1-pg questionnaire to fill out. And then I never heard back. I sent polite emails, left a voicemail or two, but never heard another word from any of the parties I had been in contact with. Not even a polite rejection. Very unprofessional, and would cause anyone in their right mind not to accept a job from them, if that's how they do business.Went through several rounds of interviews - phone with HR, Skype with dept. head, in-person with HR dept. head, and finally gave them my references - all of whom they sent a 1-pg questionnaire to fill out. And then I never heard back. I sent polite emails, left a voicemail or two, but never heard another word from any of the parties I had been in contact with. Not even a polite rejection. Very unprofessional, and would cause anyone in their right mind not to accept a job from them, if that's how they do business.

Interview Questions

• If I knew how to write specifications   1 Answer

Bartender Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kessler Collection.

Interview

Involves an online application, upon selection a manager will have a formal interview, followed by an additional interview with the general manager of the hotel. After approval a meeting with human resources is arranged followed by a drug test. Pending successful drug test

Interview Questions

• Discuss an occasion in which you were required to cut someone off.   Answer Question

Guest Service Agent Interview

Interview

It took about three-four weeks to hear back whether they wanted to schedule an interview or not. Once I got the email it just said to come to the resort for "interviews from 9am-12pm". I showed up at 8:45am and planned to get the process done early. I wasn't even spoken to by someone from the company until 11:30 and once the interview was over they said they would contact me. The actual interview only took maybe 5 minutes and they couldn't get that done earlier? I was there for almost three hours for a 5 minute interview? I was one of maybe 15 people in the room and some were interviewed three times while I sat there and some were offered positions. A man I sat next to came to the interview in a a button up and jean and didn't have all of his teeth. He was one of the ones interviewed three times and offered a position. I was very disappointed and let down by how unprofessionally the whole process was handled.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Kessler?   1 Answer

Beverage Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kessler Collection (Savannah, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process is thorough and I sat for several interviews in one day, as all interviewees meet with multiple decision-makers during the process, including the General Manager of the hotel.

The vetting process can be lengthy, due to pre-employment drug and background screenings, so patience is required.

Interview Questions

• Describe previous experience, siting specific examples of successes and/or failures   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was negotiated and I received top of the range for my position, based on my salary with (then) current employer

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Kessler Collection (Orlando, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

Disjointed, very disorganized, no two interviewers were on the same page. Questions were repeated over and over again in spite of them being on my resume. The goal seemed to be, to get the position filled as soon as possible with the most malleable human being they could find. Skill-set did not seem to dominate in the list of important qualification.

Interview Questions

• How fast can you start? That seemed to be their biggest concern.   1 Answer

Did not like the interviewing process. In addition, after speaking to two former employees, and hearing their horrific stories, I decided to decline.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Kessler Collection in January 2013.

Interview

Sparatic, there was little contact with the team. The HR manager Melissa was very unprofessional with her lines of questioning, i would even take it to the level that she was discriminatory/violating EEOC guidelines, but I am not an HR professional so I cannot answer that.

Corporate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kessler Collection in September 2014.

Interview

The interview was enjoyable and relaxed. The person with whom I interviewed was comfortable and conversational. The interview was professional. The process of scheduling the interview was difficult and I encountered very slow response times.