Ketchum

Getting the Interview

9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Ketchum

Interview Details – Applied online and they got back to me via email letting me know that I had made it to the next round. Next round was answering questions from a form they sent about the best PR campaign I had seen and I would be a good fit for the job.

Interview Question – What is the best PR campaign you've come across recently?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Ketchum.

Interview Details – First I had an initial phone call with HR and then I spoke with the team leader. After that I was giving a writing test and a few weeks later I was called that I had gotten the position.

Interview Question – Be sure to know exactly what the team you are applying for does.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Ketchum in March 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was very long and very drawn out. There were a few rounds of interviews, followed by a press release contest, as well as an online video contest. In the final interview, the team sounded generally disinterested in hiring.

Interview Question – There were none   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ketchum in March 2013.

Interview Details – Was contacted via email for a phone interview after application. Went through two rounds of interviews. Interviewers very positive and supportive. Even if it was phone interviews, they were very conversational. Very efficient communication. Although I was not selected in the end, I felt being respected and might go back and apply with them again.

Interview Question – All are common interview questions about your previous experience and knowledge in PR. (e.g. tell me about the XYZ internship you have done; why PR)   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Ketchum.

Interview Details – Was interviewed by the sustainability and pr groups of the company for a sustainability internship. Pleasant and nice staff who asked high quality questions about my experiences, which were not traditional because I have a background in science rather than pr or business.

Interview Question – Do you have an interest in pr?   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Ketchum.

Interview Details – After sending in an application, you answer 4-5 questions about the PR industry (mostly creative). Then there is an initial phone interview with HR, and if you make it through you have a separate phone interview with the practice(s) you applied for.

Interview Question – What are the top 10 brands that you would like to work for?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation -- flat hourly rate for a 3 month internship

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ketchum.

Interview Details – Consists of a short written essay, Phone interview with HR, Phone interview with 2 team members for each team you applied for and a references check. Everyone I spoke with was friendly and once the interviews start, the process moves fairly quickly.

Interview Question – If you could work for any 5 Corporate companies, who would they be?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Ketchum in April 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online (resume, cover letter, essays, the whole long process.), and they called me because they liked my cover letter. The interviewer was very complimentary, almost to a fault. He gave me a false sense of security and spoke as if I had already landed the internship--praising my answers, sounding impressed, agreeing with everything I said, etc. And he didn't sound a year older than me.
After the interview, he said I'd be hearing back from him in within the next week for a second interview, but the next communication I received was a rejection email. All it said was that they were looking for someone with more experience. I found that strange, since I was applying to a summer internship position.

Interview Questions

• What accomplishment were you most proud of while you worked as a ___?   View Answer
  • If you received $5000 today, and could use it any way you wanted (other than on yourself), what would you do?   View Answer

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Ketchum in March 2008.

Interview Details – The phone interview was 20 minutes in length and consisted of generic questions about team work and time management.

The interviewer was personable and made the interview very comfortable.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ketchum

Worked for Ketchum? Contribute to the Community!

Ketchum Videos

Ketchum – Why Work for Us?

Thanks for taking a look at Ketchum. We’re an innovative communications firm that ranks among the largest global public relations agencies (2,300+ employees), operating in more than 65 countries. Any public relations… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ketchum Intern interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ketchum employees and interview candidates.