Ketchum Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2015

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ketchum (New York, NY).

Interview

Extremely dragged out. 1 phone interview and 2 interviews in person. In between each interview there was a week - two week gap. Worst part of it was that after going through the process for a month and a half it ended with no one contacting me back even though i contacted the recruiter and interviewer before. Interviewers were nice, Company seems good, but the process will drain you

Interview Questions

• What are 3 challenges you faced while working at a company? What are 3 characteristics that you use to describe yourself? Are you Excel proficient?   Answer Question

Freelance Junior Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ketchum (New York, NY).

Interview

I had 2 interviews that took up most parts of my day. I met 3 people the first time and my boss the second time who was hired 2 weeks prior and didn't even know what was going on and had no real opinions about my portfolio. I was given a ppt test. This interview was for a Ketchum Change specific design role.

Negotiation

If you are hired as a freelancer. Ask about becoming full time and speak with your recruiter about what they think a fair asking salary is. Ketchum will low ball you. They are very cheap and they don't even consider you to be an employee until you're on staff.

Digital, Research and Analyst Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ketchum (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I was contacted 13 days after I sent my resume. Then I was given a phone interview. During the phone interview I was asked to send my availability for a face-to-face interview, they have yet to get back to me on if they even want to give me a second interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ketchum in May 2015.

Interview

I got a phone interview with an HR representative after getting referred by an employee. The interview was pretty basic. The HR person asked me about my experience and how it relates to the job description.

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ketchum (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

It was quick. I applied through a connection, had an interview the next week with four members of the team I would possibly be working with, and then was given a writing test the following week.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you possess that would apply to this position?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ketchum.

Interview

Applied through company website, recieved an email about interviewing a week later, intervied the following week, heard back 2/3 weeks later but was in contact until the decision was made.

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ketchum (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Had to go in for 3 interviews. It was long and tedious but totally worth It. I've always wanted to work at Ketchum and it was a dream come true of mine.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Ketchum (Washington, DC).

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn, conducted several phone interviews and then met with team members in person. Didn't hear back for several months (was told the position was never filled) and HR reached back out to me for the same position. I met with several more team members in person to determine what account teams I would be on, completed a writing test and received an offer within a week or so.

Interview Questions

• No curve ball questions, but more about demonstrating your passion for the industry, fresh thinking and examples of when you've gone above and beyond to ensure smart work vs. just completing a task. Mostly judged on your approach to questions and situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Received offer over the phone and negotiated higher salary and additional PTO during same conversation.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ketchum.

Interview

3 interviews, strategy exercise and employment application. Most of the questions were about getting to know you and to see how you fit within the company. Interviewers were very responsive and willing to answer any of your questions

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time you changed a system/process and what was the result   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ketchum (Chicago, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

Interview is with account leads you would work with. Great people, aren't trying to trick you, just trying to see if you'll fit with the culture. A writing test is required after. A presentation is optional. Very basic questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None as an intern.