Ketchum

Average Difficulty
33 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Ketchum.

Interview Details – Was interviewed by the sustainability and pr groups of the company for a sustainability internship. Pleasant and nice staff who asked high quality questions about my experiences, which were not traditional because I have a background in science rather than pr or business.

Interview Question – Do you have an interest in pr?   Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

Account Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ketchum.

Interview Details – I found the job posting online, submitted my resume and within two weeks I had an interview with Human Resources. After the initial interview, I was notified that two members of the team I would be a part of wanted to interview with me. The questions were definitely in-depth about the position, my career goals, strengths and weakness, etc.

Interview Question – I had to elaborate on my experiences with a skill very specific to my job.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes, I was able to negociate my salary to a higher amount.

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Ketchum.

Interview Details – After sending in an application, you answer 4-5 questions about the PR industry (mostly creative). Then there is an initial phone interview with HR, and if you make it through you have a separate phone interview with the practice(s) you applied for.

Interview Question – What are the top 10 brands that you would like to work for?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation -- flat hourly rate for a 3 month internship

Vice President/Account Supervisor Interview

Vice President/Account Supervisor
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ketchum.

Interview Details – Everyone that i met at Ketchum was yet another rock star. The company is known for molding smart young professionals that move on to something else for a while but many come back. The process was clear, efficient and very informed as far as timeframes, when next meetings were to take place, who i would be meeting with, etc. I talked with an HR person from NY who seemed as though she had been in the LA office all along. I met with the m woman who would be my supervisor and she was very candid with me throughout the process which i appreciated very much. It was the smoothest interview process i have ever gone through (doesn't mean the easiest one but definitely the smoothest!).

Interview Question – I had been prepped on this by a friend of mine at the agency THANK GOODNESS but i was asked what were five articles that I had read in either the NY Times or USA Today that morning and why were they of interest!! Awesome question that I use today!!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Never take the first offer and if there are salary ranges that employers say that have to keep between to keep things fair they can usually give a signing bonus that isn't considered part of your salary so make sure you're asking for that or holding it in your back pocket

Very Easy Interview

Public Relations Interview

Public Relations
Los Angeles, CA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ketchum.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with the HR person - very nice

Then I went in for interviews with two senior staff members

After waiting almost an hour! I was taken into the first person's office who was unapologetic about making me wait an hour - because of course my time isn't as important as hers and she made that known. This first interview annoyed me, the interviewer was so rude and just snarky. The second interview was with someone who was nice but we didn't even touch on my skills or experience.

I left there with a terrible taste in my mouth, so unprofessional. Also, everyone I saw working (the office is nearly empty) seemed unhappy.

Interview Question – Who are your media contacts?   Answer Question

EVP Interview

EVP
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ketchum in June 2011.

Interview Details – Multiple people over a morning
HR folks were extremely professional and thorough
They do re hire folks a lot that had previously worked at the agency

Interview Questions

• Why I would want to go agency after being in-house   View Answer
  • I didn't find any of the questions difficult   View Answer

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ketchum.

Interview Details – Consists of a short written essay, Phone interview with HR, Phone interview with 2 team members for each team you applied for and a references check. Everyone I spoke with was friendly and once the interviews start, the process moves fairly quickly.

Interview Question – If you could work for any 5 Corporate companies, who would they be?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable

Account Supervisor Interview

Account Supervisor
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ketchum in August 2011.

Interview Details – Had 3 rounds of in-person interviews.

Interview Question – There wasn't one. It was pretty standard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy. HR is wonderful.

Very Easy Interview

Senior Human Resources Manager Interview

Senior Human Resources Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ketchum in February 2012.

Interview Details – I first had a phone interview with the Recruiter. I was then told that I would be invited in for an interview. Three days passed and I didn't hear anything. I emailed the recruiter and she then made the coordinator schedule my in person interview. I met with the Recruiter and another Sr. Hr Manager on the team. It was a great interview. They asked a lot of questions about my background and why I want to work for Ketchum. It seemed like a great opportunity. A week after my interview, I emailed the recruiter about the status and never heard anything back. Unfortunately, not receiving any type of follow up on the status of my interview didn't leave a good impression on the company for me.

Interview Question – Tell me a little about yourself.   Answer Question

Public Affairs Interview

Public Affairs
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Ketchum in April 2011.

Interview Details – While the process took longer than other interviews I've had, the staff at Ketchum was transparent (as much as possible, anyway) throughout several rounds of interviews. They were flexible in finding the right practice group and position. Even the more junior staff with whom I interviewed came prepared with smart questions about my experience and management style. The office takes new hires seriously, so come prepared to answer detailed questions about your experience and what you would add to the team.

Interview Question – Describe a recent situation in which you've had to turn around a struggling client relationship.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ketchum