Ketchum

Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Supervisor Interview

Account Supervisor
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Ketchum.

Interview Details – Knowing people within the company, the interview process was robust, but casual. I met with multiple people from HR and individuals from every department that I would work with in the future. The interviews turned into a consulting opportunity which led to full time employment almost four months later.

Interview Question – Met with the head of the office during the first in-person meeting.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Once the offer came through they sat me in a room and didn't offer to negotiate when I requested changes. I will admit that I didn't push come prepared to negotiate.

Account Supervisor Interview

Account Supervisor
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ketchum in August 2011.

Interview Details – Had 3 rounds of in-person interviews.

Interview Question – There wasn't one. It was pretty standard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy. HR is wonderful.

Public Affairs Interview

Public Affairs
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Ketchum in April 2011.

Interview Details – While the process took longer than other interviews I've had, the staff at Ketchum was transparent (as much as possible, anyway) throughout several rounds of interviews. They were flexible in finding the right practice group and position. Even the more junior staff with whom I interviewed came prepared with smart questions about my experience and management style. The office takes new hires seriously, so come prepared to answer detailed questions about your experience and what you would add to the team.

Interview Question – Describe a recent situation in which you've had to turn around a struggling client relationship.   Answer Question

Senior Developer Interview

Senior Developer
Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ketchum in May 2010.

Interview Details – Several rounds of interviews, starting with a phone interview.

Negotiation Details – There is a LOT of up-selling and bait-and-switch. Make sure that the position you accept is the one you were originally offered. Many people at Ketchum have VP titles, so don't assume you will have a managerial position just because your title sounds like one. In fact, don't assume that the job description you read even matches the actual position offered.

Worked for Ketchum? Contribute to the Community!