Ketchum

3.2

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Ketchum.

Knowing people within the company, the interview process was robust, but casual. I met with multiple people from HR and individuals from every department that I would work with in the future. The interviews turned into a consulting opportunity which led to full time employment almost four months later.

Interview Questions
    • Met with the head of the office during the first in-person meeting.   Answer Question
    Once the offer came through they sat me in a room and didn't offer to negotiate when I requested changes. I will admit that I didn't push come prepared to negotiate.

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ketchum in August 2011.

Had 3 rounds of in-person interviews.

Easy. HR is wonderful.

Public Affairs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Ketchum in April 2011.

While the process took longer than other interviews I've had, the staff at Ketchum was transparent (as much as possible, anyway) throughout several rounds of interviews. They were flexible in finding the right practice group and position. Even the more junior staff with whom I interviewed came prepared with smart questions about my experience and management style. The office takes new hires seriously, so come prepared to answer detailed questions about your experience and what you would add to the team.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a recent situation in which you've had to turn around a struggling client relationship.   Answer Question

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ketchum in May 2010.

Several rounds of interviews, starting with a phone interview.

There is a LOT of up-selling and bait-and-switch. Make sure that the position you accept is the one you were originally offered. Many people at Ketchum have VP titles, so don't assume you will have a managerial position just because your title sounds like one. In fact, don't assume that the job description you read even matches the actual position offered.