Key Technology

Updated Dec 21, 2014

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Key Technology

Clerk Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Key Technology.

The process is high impersonable. The contact, scheduling, and post interview interactions are all done by e-mail. However, if manage to get an interview if not going through staffing service the process is very streamline.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have a problem with asking someone to do the impossible?   View Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

The process took a dayinterviewed at Key Technology in February 2010.

The Interview process at this company appears to be pretty laid back but becomes quite grueling. The process consists of basic personal and interest questions and then snowballs into several brain teasers. Brain teasers can range from a database of questions that can be found online to explaining how a random object in the office works. After several of these challenges, you are given a creative puzzle to solve using everyday objects. This can either be very nerve wrecking or quite fun depending on how you're feeling at this point of the interview. The goal of this puzzle is to see your problem solving skills and creativity on the spot. Finally you are tasked with several (about 3) skills questions which are presented in word problem format. These questions can range from anything to calculating currents and voltages to describing structure and function of certain snippets of code. Overall this is a very challenging and thoughtful interview that really tries to assess the strengths of each candidate's thought process.
        Personally the biggest negative about this interview was the intentional misrepresentation of the process by the hiring manager. When scheduling the interview, in no shape or form did the hiring manager mention the amount of time, nor depth of the interview. The perception that was achieved was that the interview would be a simple talk/ standard interview consisting of basic questions. Instead the object was to get the potential candidate by surprise. I felt this was very unprofessional as I had no idea that my interview was going to turn into a 3 hour grueling process. Had I known what to expect I would have been better prepared and known that I would be spending a sizable chunk of my day at the company. .
        Another negative is a failure of notification. The hiring manager failed to notify me of a decision throughout the specific time frame that was agreed upon. Even after inquiring about the decision past this time frame, the hiring manager led me on a leash for a period of 2 months without providing any concrete decision. This was once again very unprofessional and a waste of my time. I understand the hiring manager is looking for perfection, but they really need to treat their potential candidates with a greater level of respect and value their time instead of churning candidates through a very misleading hiring practice. I have not encountered such treatment from even the biggest companies where you feel like a number amongst a pool of candidates.

Vice President Product Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walla Walla, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walla Walla, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Key Technology in February 2008.

First had phone screen. Then, video conference interview. Flew out to have full day of interviews with 8-10 people.

Interview Questions

Company is located in Walla Walla, WA. The housing costs were not that much less than Seattle. Not many other opportunities.