KeyBank

Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at KeyBank in May 2014.

Interview Details – In the initial phone interview / screening with the human resources recruiter, we discussed the location, culture, areas of responsibility, management structure, management background, as well as my background in the industry and discipline.

Interview Question – There were really no difficult questions. This interview lasted approximately 40 minutes, and was unexpectedly enjoyable, as the recruiter was knowledgeable about the discipline. This phone call felt like more of a conversation than a strict interview.   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

Finance Intern
Cleveland, OH

I applied online - interviewed at KeyBank in April 2013.

Interview Details – The first interview was done over the phone and was approximately 30 minutes with a member of HR.
Basic questions about background and resume.
Second section included questions about finance testing basic knowledge on the topic.

I then was called back for a second set of interviews at the company.
It started with a casual chat with other applicants and 2 recruiters while we waited for interviewers to arrive. We were posed questions such as "If you were a sandwich, what kind of sandwich and why?"
There were 3 other applicants and we cycled through 20 minute interviews with three different employees.
The first focused on cultural fit and strength and weaknesses (tell me about a time when...) but was also led in a general conversation type manner.
The second interviewer focused on the financial side and tested your general knowledge and understanding.
The third interviewer was more general relating more the the position and the company.

Interview Question – Having not taken a financial accounting course yet at the time, I had to crash study but questions were not too difficult for those with basic understanding.   Answer Question

Loan Processing Specialist III Interview

Loan Processing Specialist III
Brooklyn, OH

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KeyBank in December 2012.

Interview Details – Received call from recruiter to set up an interview. The manager was out site, therefore the "face-to-face" interview was with an on-site manager from another team, an associate currently on the team and the manager on the phone. The on-site manager did not ask any questions, he was mainly there to facilitate the interview. Questions were from the manager and the associate. Recruiter called back with an offer. The recruiter was not open to negotiation.

Interview Question – Several behavioral questions about stress, such as, "How do you handle stress" and "What would you do in a stressful situation."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for a job grade bump to increase the offer, given my experience, however the recruiter was not open to negotiation. I would suggest pushing a little harder than I did. Tell the recruiter to ask the hiring manager to consider a higher offer and let you know in the next day or two, make it clear you want the job though. The recruiter will call you back, you may get the same offer or a little more.

Registered Investment Representative Interview

Registered Investment Representative
Brooklyn, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KeyBank in January 2013.

Interview Details – Very laid back interview. More-so conversational than hardcore questioning. Went in with a very positive feeling and left with a very positive feeling. Some interviewers put on a show for the interview. This was very straight forward and was one of the better interview experiences that I've had.

Interview Question – I couldn't say that there was any one in particular. It was more of a conversation about what I've done, where I've been and where I want to go.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Cleveland, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at KeyBank in September 2013.

Interview Details – Behavioral and technical questions

Interview Question – Asked technical questions about a company that we were given prior to the interview   Answer Question

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Credit Risk Analyst
Cleveland, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at KeyBank in December 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview with recruiter (a few background questions and technical questions). I then traveled to Cleveland for a super day, which consisted of 3 interviews (1 technical and 2 behavioral).

Interview Questions

• "What are the relationship between the three major financial statements"   View Answer
  • "What are different way you can evaluate a company"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was offered $50,000 with a $3,000 signing bonus. I did not feel it was necessary to negotiate because it was a standard offer for the rotational program I was entering.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Investment Banking Analyst
Cleveland, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at KeyBank.

Interview Details – Phone interview. Then full-day interview with all members of the group. Then interviewed with other groups nearby. Most people were friendly. Some acted arrogant as if Key were in the same league as Goldman Sachs.

Interview Question – What would you say to the CEO if you were in the elevator with him for one minute and you had to convince him to hire you.. It was hard to come up with non-cliche things to say that would intrigue my interviewer   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No. I tried to get my signing bonus paid early while i was still in college but they wouldn't budge

Lead Analyst/Project Manager Interview

Lead Analyst/Project Manager
Cleveland, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at KeyBank.

Interview Details – While I have participated and conducted both group and individual interviews, it is my personal preference to have one on one interview. This fosters better communication and blend between the applicant and the hiring official. Questions that involve career aspirations are always helpful as it displays the direction for the applicant.

Interview Question – Personal feelings and/or opinions about prior management. Styles are important to understand but feelings that are perceived as personal are difficult as they may or may not articulate management style (i.e. micro managing).   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, I was able to negotiate. My recommendation for others considering an offer would be to consider everything in the offer not just pay.

Very Easy Interview

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KeyBank in February 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for this position second time. First time I passed successfully the technical interview for assessing my knowledge in Finance/ accounting and the result was excellent. Then I was invited to a panel interview where I met five interviewers. I was no impressed with their interviewing skills. I felt more confident at the interview then most of my interviewers. They seemed to be nervous and they just followed their checklists for the standard questions. After the interview I received a call from HR recruiter who told me that I was not selected. She was not able to explain a real reason for denial; she just told me that I have some negative attitude but she was not able to provide information why this attitude was perceived by interviewers. Within few months this position popped up again. I applied second time. I was interviewed again for the functional skills by other recruiter. She asked me same questions that I answered last time. The only difference she made when she asked about relation of EBITDA with cash flow. I forgot the full name of this acronym but I knew what is that about and I explained correctly the relations with the cash flow. The recruiter sent me an e-mail stating that I was not selected because my knowledge in Accounting is not strong enough for the position. I asked what questions I failed but she didn’t reply. Then I found that the position was cancelled.

Interview Question – At my first interview I was asked question: did you have a disagreement with your manager regarding your performance evaluation and how you handle that.   View Answer

Credit Portfolio Management Portfolio Strategies Business Analyst Interview

Credit Portfolio Management Portfolio Strategies Business Analyst
Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KeyBank in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, and a HR contacted me 2 weeks later. I got a phone interview with her. She first introduced what the interview would be. and then asked two questions: why KeyBank and this position? Tell me one of your projects. Then I asked her what is the hiring process and where this position is located. It took about 20 minutes.

Interview Question – No technical questions.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for KeyBank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at KeyBank interview questions and advice in Cleveland, OH. All 35 interview reviews posted anonymously by KeyBank employees and interview candidates.