KeyBank

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KeyBank in February 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for this position second time. First time I passed successfully the technical interview for assessing my knowledge in Finance/ accounting and the result was excellent. Then I was invited to a panel interview where I met five interviewers. I was no impressed with their interviewing skills. I felt more confident at the interview then most of my interviewers. They seemed to be nervous and they just followed their checklists for the standard questions. After the interview I received a call from HR recruiter who told me that I was not selected. She was not able to explain a real reason for denial; she just told me that I have some negative attitude but she was not able to provide information why this attitude was perceived by interviewers. Within few months this position popped up again. I applied second time. I was interviewed again for the functional skills by other recruiter. She asked me same questions that I answered last time. The only difference she made when she asked about relation of EBITDA with cash flow. I forgot the full name of this acronym but I knew what is that about and I explained correctly the relations with the cash flow. The recruiter sent me an e-mail stating that I was not selected because my knowledge in Accounting is not strong enough for the position. I asked what questions I failed but she didn’t reply. Then I found that the position was cancelled.

Interview Question – At my first interview I was asked question: did you have a disagreement with your manager regarding your performance evaluation and how you handle that.   View Answer

Overland Park, KS

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at KeyBank in October 2011.

Interview Details – I applied through campus career fair. They were from branch of Overland Park, KS. Submitted an application online and got a phone interview by a recruiter. She asked questions and typed for record. She did not responded to my answer at all, About 30 mins with several fit questions, such as why do you want to work for here? what kind of person are you, sales oriented or analytic oriented? what kind of job do you like, structured or unstructured? Tell me about a project...After about a week, I was being thanked for my interest and time...you know what happened, lol

Interview Question – What do you think about the 45 hours working per week?   Answer Question

Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KeyBank in April 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview

Interview Questions

• What is working Capital   View Answer
  • What is the relationship between the balance sheet and the income statement?   View Answer

Financial Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KeyBank in July 2010.

Interview Details – My interview process consisted of a 2 phone interviews and 1:1 interview; so a total of 3 interviews. The first interview was from a general recruiter, followed by an interview with an HR/recruiter that specializes hiring for the specific department. My last interview was a 1:1 with the department manager at Corporate HQ. The next step in the process was to be a follow up from HR and another interview at HQ with another department head and department member. Now, I do recall having a brief conversation about salary expectations with HR but perhaps I was caught off guard and not prepared. This may have been part of the factor of not receiving an offer but there were other candidates. I will say that during the phone screen process they asked a lot questions related to business acumen. So, I would be prepared to answer questions about basic accounting concepts. I passed that phase but if you want to work as a financial analysts with no experience be prepared.

Interview Question – Describe the relationship between the balance sheet and income statement?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at KeyBank

Worked for KeyBank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at KeyBank Financial Analyst interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by KeyBank employees and interview candidates.