KeyBank Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2015

2.9

Bank Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at KeyBank.

I had an interview with the branch manager. She started as a teller and got promotion to be a branch manager. She wanted you to show your knowledge and passion about keybank. You'd better do some research about it.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Why you want to work for keybank?
      2. Tell me about how you deal with angry customer?
      3. What do you know about our community activities?
      4. Do you have any questions?

Answer Question

Vice President Interview

I applied online – interviewed at KeyBank.

Basic questions for the most part. They covered Strengths and weaknesses, past experiences, walked them through my resume. Nothing to crazy! I was asked to describe a difficult management experience and how I dealt with it - for the most part it was all common sense stuff.

Interview Questions
    • Strengths and Weaknesses   View Answer
    • They also asked about any difficult management experiences I've had & how I dealt with them.   View Answer

Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at KeyBank.

In total it took almost 8 weeks from online application to start date (2 of which were to give my notice at my current job, I also had three interviews, fingerprinting, etc.)

Interview Questions
    • I see you don't have prior banking experience. How does your prior work experience qualify you for the job?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at KeyBank.

First I received a phone interview which focused on behavioral questions to see if you fit in. Afterwards they set up an in person interview about 1 week later that consisted of behavioral and technical questions. About 1 week later I was informed of their decision. Everyone was very friendly and profession during the processes.

Interview Questions
    • What is something resent that has happened in the stock market?   Answer Question

Management Associate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at KeyBank in February 2015.

Applied online and had a 15 minute phone interview 4-6 months after interviewing. I was asked back to interview at the Indianapolis corporate office and sat through 3 interviews with senior management. The interview questions were mainly behavioral. Although, role-playing situations such as selling a student checking account and selling a technological gadget were apart of the interview process too.

Retail Management Associate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at KeyBank in February 2015.

Met at Portland, OR office in PacWest building @ 9am. Greeted by HR and met other candidates in boardroom. Greeted by hiring managers/interviewers. Split into two groups; one group started the interview, the other group took an office tour. Then two groups switched.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for KeyBank?   View Answer
    • Tell me about a project you worked on where you had to obtain information and how did you it?   View Answer

ECP Rotational Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at KeyBank in February 2015.

I applied through my school recruiter. A couple days later I did a phone interview. The next week I was in Cleveland for the final round. The final round was three 30 minute interviews. Two people who worked in Corporate Strategy and the head of the rotational program. That was how my interview was set up it could be different for others.

Interview Questions
    • How many ping pong balls can fit in a bus? What would you look to acquire from a business stand point that could strengthen Key? Where would you expand the company footprint?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at KeyBank.

The interviewers consisted of a hiring mgr, lead from an impacted area and a peer. Each were direct and specific but friendly. They were well versed in terminology and what the project schedule required from a candidate. A hiring decision was communicated same or next day.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to describe how I would manage specific crisis and/or a difficult personality in effort to address the business at hand.   Answer Question
    i was offered more than my requested salary

Loan Surveillance Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KeyBank.

Contacted by HR via email about the position, applied and then had a phone interview with HR from Headquarters. Then face-to-face with two interviewers in Overland Park, KS. Was shown around the office after the interview and met with potential coworker to get a better idea of the job.

Interview Questions
    • Rate your verbal and written communication on a 1-10 scale, then give an example for both.   Answer Question

Capital Markets Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at KeyBank.

Hiring process was really simple. On campus recruiting, phone call, then SuperDay interviews with technical, critical thinking, and fit. Critical tests how you think, technical tests how well you know the banking terms, fit tests if they like you.