KeyBank Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2015

2.9

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KeyBank (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Started with a preliminary phone interview, then was brought in to see the HR person. Second interview was against a staff of about 7 people. Very overwhelming, thought they would bring janitor in next. Questions were around supporting a team and their staff, thorough. Took about an hour and a half, but was mostly pleasant. I learned more about the banking industry and they learned about me.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KeyBank in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process took about 2 weeks from applying to the in person interview. I had applied on their website, received a call within a week and then a few days later was asked to come to Olathe for an in person interview. The in person interview was pretty casual, and very quick. Asked basic behavioral type questions, showed me the system, and then I sat with someone in the position to observe and ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Rate yourself on how organized you are and give a specific example of why you rated yourself at that number? (1-10)   Answer Question

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at KeyBank.

Interview

In total a 3 hour process. One and a half hours for lunch and a tour and than another half an hour for each of three rounds of interviews with two employees in each. Two behavioral interviews and one technical. In each room they only asked two questions, which left about 20 minutes for QUESTIONS and conversation. They were friendly, but not all that professional. They expect you to be comfortable enough to ask questions but stay formal. Seemed like nice employees. The process seems to be a standard interview. The questions were not hard. Wish I would have prepared more QUESTIONS!

Licensed Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KeyBank (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

Was referred by a friend who had been hired. HR contact he referred me to wasn't there so I was to meet with someone who had no idea she'd be filling in. Very unprepared. Group interview was going fine until I was asked to describe a time when I turned an angry/upset customer into a happy client. I did. The individual I described was going through a divorce so was highly agitated regarding money, hence his anger at the necessary transaction I was doing (in previous job). Ultimately he was so grateful that when I met with him weeks later to close the transaction, he sang for me. One interviewer said, "...And now you're married?" which stunned me so completely that I laughed it off but said, "No, he's just a happy client." How rude and assumptive to suggest that I would engage a client on a personal level for dating or mating purposes! I suppose it says more about the interviewer than it does about me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have had an angry/upset customer and turned around the situation to where the customer was happy in the end.   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at KeyBank.

Interview

In total it took almost 8 weeks from online application to start date (2 of which were to give my notice at my current job, I also had three interviews, fingerprinting, etc.)

Interview Questions

• I see you don't have prior banking experience. How does your prior work experience qualify you for the job?   1 Answer

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at KeyBank.

Interview

I had an interview with the branch manager. She started as a teller and got promotion to be a branch manager. She wanted you to show your knowledge and passion about keybank. You'd better do some research about it.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why you want to work for keybank?
      2. Tell me about how you deal with angry customer?
      3. What do you know about our community activities?
      4. Do you have any questions?

Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at KeyBank.

Interview

Basic questions for the most part. They covered Strengths and weaknesses, past experiences, walked them through my resume. Nothing to crazy! I was asked to describe a difficult management experience and how I dealt with it - for the most part it was all common sense stuff.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and Weaknesses   1 Answer
    • They also asked about any difficult management experiences I've had & how I dealt with them.   1 Answer

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KeyBank (Portland, OR) in March 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was very professional and nice. There were many applicants so there wasn't much time for each individual interview. She asked normal interview questions, mostly behavioral. The whole process went smoothly. After the initial interview, asked to attend a second at a different branch. Second one went great, the interviewer was very professional and helpful. Still waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with a stressful situation in the past?   Answer Question

Trust Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at KeyBank (Cleveland, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

Slow, took about 2 months from the day I applied until the day I interviewed. I was an internal candidate so only had to go through one interview before I received an offer. The offer came roughly 3 months after the initial job application. I was offered literally the minimum amount of money possible based on the pay grade. I was told this salary was non-negotiable.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you dealt with a difficult customer, and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-existent, attempted to negotiate but was told there was zero wiggle room. Was told they had to "fight" to get me the salary they offered, even though the offer was the absolute rock bottom based on KeyBank's pay grade scale.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at KeyBank (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

First I received a phone interview which focused on behavioral questions to see if you fit in. Afterwards they set up an in person interview about 1 week later that consisted of behavioral and technical questions. About 1 week later I was informed of their decision. Everyone was very friendly and profession during the processes.

Interview Questions

• What is something resent that has happened in the stock market?   Answer Question