KeyBank Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.8

Float Teller (Seasonal) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KeyBank.

Interview

Panel interview questions were generic like any other job interview. There were about 10 other candidates there in the panel interview. About 6 to 8 ARLS there to interview us. it wasn't too bad although to some people it can be frightening.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you have gone out of your way to help a customer   Answer Question

Threat Intelligence Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at KeyBank (Cleveland, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

I was initially screened over the phone by a recruiter. After passing that, I had an in-person interview scheduled for a few days later. Upon arriving, I was brought into a small room and interviewed by four members of the department. The interview itself was difficult with a variety of technical and non-technical questions by everyone in the room. They do try to make an effort to put you on the spot for understandable reasons.

I do wish a phone interview with the department would have been done before a face-to-face. That's my one criticism.

Interview Questions

• What would your supervisor say is one of your greatest strengths and greatest weaknesses?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

You apply online then you receive a basic phone interview with technical questions and a few behavioral then you receive a super day invite if you do well and that consists of several interviews at head quarters with several VPs. It should not be to bad if prepare well. Then you hear back a few days later

Subordination Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at KeyBank (Canton, OH).

Interview

Phone interview, two individuals of conference with you. Interview lasted about twenty minutes. I was grossly over-qualified and needed a job after relocating. If you sound upbeat and enthusiastic they appreciate that.

Interview Questions

• What is customer service to you? Describe a time when you gave excellent service.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiations were through my temporary agency.

Data Entry Interview

Anonymous Employee in Strongsville, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at KeyBank (Strongsville, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview went really well. I received an email for a second interview but still waiting to hear from her. It seem like there is no luck on this one.

Interview Questions

• She wanted to know if I would ever go back to Key Bank   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KeyBank (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Started with a preliminary phone interview, then was brought in to see the HR person. Second interview was against a staff of about 7 people. Very overwhelming, thought they would bring janitor in next. Questions were around supporting a team and their staff, thorough. Took about an hour and a half, but was mostly pleasant. I learned more about the banking industry and they learned about me.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KeyBank in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process took about 2 weeks from applying to the in person interview. I had applied on their website, received a call within a week and then a few days later was asked to come to Olathe for an in person interview. The in person interview was pretty casual, and very quick. Asked basic behavioral type questions, showed me the system, and then I sat with someone in the position to observe and ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Rate yourself on how organized you are and give a specific example of why you rated yourself at that number? (1-10)   Answer Question

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at KeyBank.

Interview

In total a 3 hour process. One and a half hours for lunch and a tour and than another half an hour for each of three rounds of interviews with two employees in each. Two behavioral interviews and one technical. In each room they only asked two questions, which left about 20 minutes for QUESTIONS and conversation. They were friendly, but not all that professional. They expect you to be comfortable enough to ask questions but stay formal. Seemed like nice employees. The process seems to be a standard interview. The questions were not hard. Wish I would have prepared more QUESTIONS!

Licensed Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KeyBank (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

Was referred by a friend who had been hired. HR contact he referred me to wasn't there so I was to meet with someone who had no idea she'd be filling in. Very unprepared. Group interview was going fine until I was asked to describe a time when I turned an angry/upset customer into a happy client. I did. The individual I described was going through a divorce so was highly agitated regarding money, hence his anger at the necessary transaction I was doing (in previous job). Ultimately he was so grateful that when I met with him weeks later to close the transaction, he sang for me. One interviewer said, "...And now you're married?" which stunned me so completely that I laughed it off but said, "No, he's just a happy client." How rude and assumptive to suggest that I would engage a client on a personal level for dating or mating purposes! I suppose it says more about the interviewer than it does about me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have had an angry/upset customer and turned around the situation to where the customer was happy in the end.   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at KeyBank.

Interview

In total it took almost 8 weeks from online application to start date (2 of which were to give my notice at my current job, I also had three interviews, fingerprinting, etc.)

Interview Questions

• I see you don't have prior banking experience. How does your prior work experience qualify you for the job?   1 Answer