KeyBank Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2014
Updated Sep 22, 2014

2.8

Relationship Associate Interview

Began with recruiter phone interview, then interview with hiring manager, then a team interview, then background check. Took apx 3 months from start to finish.

Interview Questions
    First offer was fair. No negotiation. I was clear upfront about salary needs.

Relationship Manager Interview

4 interviews

Interview Questions
    • How soon can you be producing and adding to the bottom line?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

There was an initial phone interview. After that I immediately was invited to a super day of interviews, about five. Everyone was extremely nice and welcoming throughout the entire process.

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at KeyBank in December 2013.

Phone interview with recruiter (a few background questions and technical questions). I then traveled to Cleveland for a super day, which consisted of 3 interviews (1 technical and 2 behavioral).

Interview Questions
    • "What are the relationship between the three major financial statements"   View Answer
    • "What are different way you can evaluate a company"   View Answer
    I was offered $50,000 with a $3,000 signing bonus. I did not feel it was necessary to negotiate because it was a standard offer for the rotational program I was entering.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at KeyBank.

Phone interview. Then full-day interview with all members of the group. Then interviewed with other groups nearby. Most people were friendly. Some acted arrogant as if Key were in the same league as Goldman Sachs.

Interview Questions
    • What would you say to the CEO if you were in the elevator with him for one minute and you had to convince him to hire you.. It was hard to come up with non-cliche things to say that would intrigue my interviewer   View Answer
    No. I tried to get my signing bonus paid early while i was still in college but they wouldn't budge

Risk Reviewer I Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at KeyBank.

Phone interview followed by an office interview with two managers at the same time. Recruiter was terrible, but risk review management worked well with me. Background check took four weeks. Drug panel and employment verification for 7 years.

Interview Questions
    Here is what we're offering, (didn't counter).

Personal Banker Interview

Be sure to get everything on writing, otherwise you will find yourself in a deep hole

Lead Analyst/Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at KeyBank.

While I have participated and conducted both group and individual interviews, it is my personal preference to have one on one interview. This fosters better communication and blend between the applicant and the hiring official. Questions that involve career aspirations are always helpful as it displays the direction for the applicant.

Interview Questions
    • Personal feelings and/or opinions about prior management. Styles are important to understand but feelings that are perceived as personal are difficult as they may or may not articulate management style (i.e. micro managing).   Answer Question
    Yes, I was able to negotiate. My recommendation for others considering an offer would be to consider everything in the offer not just pay.

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

interviewed at KeyBank in October 2013.

The process was not too difficult. Nothing was too out of the ordinary. The interviewers were all friendly and carried on conversations about the type of person you were. The technical questions were not too extensive. Very comfortable interview. Was called the next week with an offer. The recruiter was vey nice as well.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the relationship between the three financial statements   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at KeyBank in September 2013.

Applied online for a "Hiring Event." Was contacted by a recruiter about a week later who asked a series of initial screening questions and immediately invited me to the hiring event. Got to the event, which was being held that Friday and interviewed with about 4 different ARL's for about 10 minutes each. There was a group of about 5 candidates there at the same time as me. At the end of the day they either offered a job or told you to go home.

Negotiated salary for about 2K more on salary