KeyBank Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.8

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at KeyBank.

Interview

Hiring process was really simple. On campus recruiting, phone call, then SuperDay interviews with technical, critical thinking, and fit. Critical tests how you think, technical tests how well you know the banking terms, fit tests if they like you.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KeyBank.

Interview

Initial call was quick and mostly focused on qualitative questions (Why KeyBank?, Why investment banking?, Have you applied anywhere else?). There can be quite a lag of time between callbacks (mine took several weeks). Second interview seemed to revolve around fit for the team.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult or technical. Just make sure you do research on their transactional history.   Answer Question

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at KeyBank (Cleveland, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

applied through my school's careerlink site. Was contacted about two weeks later for an on site interview in Cleveland. That interview was 4 separate 30 minute interview. 3 behavioral, 1 technical

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KeyBank in January 2015.

Interview

The first round would be a phone call with a HR representative. If you got accepted, they would fly you to Cleveland for a second interview, which would be an in-person interview session on Super Day. The interviews were divided into three 30-minute sessions: behavioral, case interview, and critical thinking.

Interview Questions

• How many golf balls would fill up a school bus? Explain how you go about answering it.   Answer Question

Application

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at KeyBank.

Interview

Applying to Key was rather straight forward. Started with a online resume submission, was followed a few weeks later by a behavioral and fit phone screening that lasted for half an hour. Followed by a superday a week later. Superday consisted of three half hour interviews: case study, behavioral, and quantitative reasoning. Case study prompt was very open and given a week before the superday.

Interview Questions

• Case study question about what would be an appropriate acquisition target?   Answer Question

Small Business Relationship Manager Interview

Interview

Internal hire, applied online, was contacted, had an interview with hiring manager, then fallow up interview with hiring manager and there supervisor. was contacted about a week later for the recruiter by phone and was not allowed to negotiate my wage so I accepted the job.

Negotiation

External hiring process, no negotiation allowed

Online Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online – interviewed at KeyBank (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

I applied and received an email containing a link to take an assessment test to see if i could perform some job functions properly. I later learned that the test had absolutely NOTHING to do with my actual job functions.

I was then contacted for a physical interview. I met with 2 team leads, answered routine questions and was later hired.

Capital Markets Undergraduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at KeyBank (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Met with a campus recruiter at a school info session. Sent in my resume and had an 30 minute phone screening a few days later and was invited back to their SuperDay. Had three in-person, 1-on-1 interviews. Was notified of job offer 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to work in a team and it didn't work out   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at KeyBank in November 2014.

Interview

The first round was an easy behavioral phone screen. Then the final superday consisted of 3 interviews - behavioral, case, and critical thinking. For the case, they gave you a company beforehand to analyze and basically just describe to the interviewer. The HR contact was really nice and helpful throughout the whole process.

Interview Questions

• How many ping pong calls can fit in a yellow school bus?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canby, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at KeyBank (Canby, OR) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process consists of entering an application online. After a couple weeks I received a phone call asking me a couple questions then they told me about an interview had my interview which was fairly easy.

Interview Questions

• Why did you decide to work for a company like keybank?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Since it was my first time I playing at the Tower I did no negotiation. Also I was able to move up to a different position really quickly within 3 months.