KeyBank Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2015
Updated Apr 8, 2015

2.9

Capital Markets Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at KeyBank in November 2014.

Interview

The first round was an easy behavioral phone screen. Then the final superday consisted of 3 interviews - behavioral, case, and critical thinking. For the case, they gave you a company beforehand to analyze and basically just describe to the interviewer. The HR contact was really nice and helpful throughout the whole process.

Interview Questions

• How many ping pong calls can fit in a yellow school bus?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at KeyBank (Canby, OR) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process consists of entering an application online. After a couple weeks I received a phone call asking me a couple questions then they told me about an interview had my interview which was fairly easy.

Interview Questions

• Why did you decide to work for a company like keybank?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Since it was my first time I playing at the Tower I did no negotiation. Also I was able to move up to a different position really quickly within 3 months.

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at KeyBank in November 2014.

Interview

I interviewed for a Branch Manager position. The process took three stages before I was turned down for the position. First, I interviewed with Human Resources. Second, I interviewed with the Area Manager. Third, I interviewed with the Area Manager and one of this local Branch Managers.

Interview Questions

• There were several scenario related questions but none were very difficult.   1 Answer

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KeyBank (Brook Park, OH) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online through Key's website. Probably about a week later I received a phone call from a recruiter and we spoke for about 10 minutes about the rotational program and my education. I was immediately offered an on campus interview with numerous other candidates for the same position. Fast forward to the interview. I was the first to arrive and waited in the lobby area as other candidates started coming in. Once we were all accounted for, current analysts then led us to the panel room where we chatted with those doing the same jobs we applied for. I had 3, 30 minute interviews with different members of Key and was escorted from room to room by a current employee. The interviews were two behavioral and one technical. The behavioral interviews were easy and conversational. I prepared by reading questions on glassdoor but found that none of the behavioral questions were repeated. The technical interview was two or three questions. Either before or after your 90 minutes of interview you will go on a tour of the campus with current employees to get a feel for where you'd work. I found the environment quite nice and everyone very friendly. I was told from current employees that the salary is around $50,000 per year and that new hires do in fact receive a signing bonus. Many mentioned ample paid time off and the consensus was 20 days.

Interview Questions

• Describe the relationship between the three financial statements. What is the best way to evaluate a company?   Answer Question

Part-time Teller Interview

Application

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at KeyBank (Asheville, NC).

Interview

Step 1- submit application on website. Wait several weeks. Step 2- receive vague call from corporate HR asking questions about resume. Intructed to wait for branch to call about secondary interview. Wait several weeks. Step 3- never received call. Branch has no hr person, doesnt know hr phone numbers, and doesnt know about hiring. Months later, still no call after I have asked time and time again.

Quality Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at KeyBank.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and began working a full time job with Key in the evenings. I moved into a different department after 3 years. At the time, the interview and hiring process was pretty low key. It was not overly difficult.

Negotiation

There wasn't a lot of negotiating. They pretty much just told me the rate that the job paid at.

Capital Markets Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at KeyBank (Cleveland, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

Phone call and Superday. The phone call was very brief and involved mainly behavioral questions. The Superday had both a pre-interview Dinner event as well as the actual interview.
    The interview was three 30 minute sessions: behavioral, technical, and a case

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KeyBank (Suffern, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview was quite good and asked very general questions. First i got call for the phone interview and told me that she will send me an email regarding the confirmation of the interview (but didn't received any email), then set an one on one interview in the branch with the manager.
    Night before interview received call from the manager that he wanted to reschedule the interview and will call me next day but didn't received call. after two days got call for the new time for the interview. they need experienced person, didn't have any experience from USA at that time, i have international banking experience
    It was about an hour long interview,

1.Are you comfortable recommending financial services to clients?
    2.This location is very slow, how would you bring more business to this location?
    3.Describe your abilities with a computer on a scale of 1-10?
    4.Talk about any leadership experience you've had?
    5.How would you handle a coworker not doing her job?
    6.Tell me about a time you were faced with an unhappy customer. How did you handle it?
    7.Tell me a time when you went above and beyond for the customer?
    8.cold calling?

Interview Questions

• Location is very slow how you bring business other than customer service?   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at KeyBank (Cleveland, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through my university. Met the recruiter at an info night and at Career Fair. The process took about two months at most. The recruiter was extremely kind. She made sure to stay in contact throughout the whole process.
    Specifically I had three interviews for one position. She clearly outlined this when emailing students that they have received interviews. The three interviews are behavioral, technical, and case. They all were thirty minutes back to back with a different single interviewer. The case was by far the hardest because the interviewer just ask extremely open questions, like tell me why should i invest in this company. Next he would drill me with questions on anything that I said that was unclear or vague.However the behavioral and technical were straight to the point. No "gotcha" questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Definitely the case interview. Make sure to have concrete evidence on everything you argue.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at KeyBank (Toledo, OH) in September 2014.

Interview

I sent in my resume and didn't hear back. I then contacted the branch manager and asked to meet with him. He interviewed me and liked me. He tried to get his boss to look at me as a potential candidate but I never heard back, despite following up.