KeyBank Management Associate Program Interview Questions

Updated Mar 7, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KeyBank (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online and had a 15 minute phone interview 4-6 months after interviewing. I was asked back to interview at the Indianapolis corporate office and sat through 3 interviews with senior management. The interview questions were mainly behavioral. Although, role-playing situations such as selling a student checking account and selling a technological gadget were apart of the interview process too.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for KeyBank

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KeyBank (Seattle, WA) in March 2014.

Interview

I found out about the position at the career fair at my university and dropped off my resume. I received a phone interview later that day and spoke briefly with one of the recruiters for about 20 minutes. The phone interview went relatively well and they said I should hear back within a week or two. A couple of weeks passed by and I had not heard back so I assumed I didn't make it pass the first round. However, I was contacted about a month later and invited to an interview at their Seattle office. The interview in Seattle included 4 separate interviews with the different Vice Presidents of KeyBank. 3 of the interviews were behavioral based questions and some were more concentrated on different trends within the banking industry. Most of all the questions were tailored to better understand who you are as a person and how you could fit within the program. The other interview was a role play where they wanted you to sell them either a cell phone or a student checking account. I chose to do the student checking account and thought that everything went really well. We were told that this was the final interview and that we should hear back within a week. A week later one of their recruiters contacted me and offered me the position! All in all I had a very nice experience with the interview process. I was a bit nervous at first but once I settled in I was able to really enjoy the interviews. One piece of advice would definitely be to just be yourself and get comfortable with the interviewer. Also try and relate your work experience with every single question they ask you. Every time I did this I noticed that they would smile and then jot something down. I assumed that this was a good thing so I kept doing it throughout the interview. I really hope that this helps you out and good luck!

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time you were stuck in between a rock and a hard place?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KeyBank (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2011.

Interview

Asked behavioral questions like: How did you handle a difficult customer and what was the outcome? How did you handle a disagreement or confrontation and what was the outcome? Also asked where do I see myself in the professional world in 5 years. Really think about past experiences with school or at a job in which you had to solve a problem or meet a deadline. Be prepared to talk about what the issue was, how you handled it and what the outcome was specifically.

Interview Questions

• The banking industry has the most diverse group of consumers and customers, do you think you can communicate with very diverse groups of people and not offend them?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KeyBank (Denver, CO) in January 2011.

Interview

I had an 1:1 interview on campus that went well and was called a few days later to be invited to interview in the final round in Denver. Almost everyone was extremely nice as well as their corporate offices. There were 5 seperate 25 minute interviews of which 3 or 4 were pretty normal and 1 interview with the vice president was impossible, as he was extremely critical of me and the few others I talked to. I will be waiting to hear the outcome over the next two weeks.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest waekness?   Answer Question
    • How have you applied what is going on in the business world to any projects you've worked on?   Answer Question

Management Associate Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KeyBank.

Interview

Had a 10 minute phone screen where i was asked a couple basic questions about why I was interested in the position, some of my experience, etc. Had a campus group interview with two of their regional retail managers. Answered behavioral questions in turn for 20 minutes, then had to interview other members of group and eventually give a 2 minute presentation on what you learned and why that person deserves the position. <-- Kind of weird. Then did final round interview in Bellevue at their corporate branch. Went through 5 different interviews with 1 or 2 people interviewing me each time. Asked behavioral questions with each interview trying to highlight a different aspect of personality. Ex. Team-working skills, business acumen, leadership skills, etc. The position is essentially setting you up for a role in sales. They offered me the position in sales but not the program. I was hoping to use the program to try and sneak into another branch of the bank. It was a pretty quick process and I was glad to gain the experience. I have heard they drug test too.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you had to react to the current Economic environment. Tell me about yourself. Describe a time you worked on a project and how you specifically made a contribution.   Answer Question