KeyBank

Updated Jul 3, 2014

3.2

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Relationship Manager Interview

Very elementary questions asked during my interview. First step through their hr group which basically describes the position, asked about my salary requirements. Second interview was basically the same except for more basic questions.

Other Interview Reviews for KeyBank

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KeyBank in March 2014.

There was a phone interview and then you get interviewed by corporate leaders. Asked behavioral questions like:
    How did you handle a difficult customer and what was the outcome?
    How did you handle a disagreement or confrontation and what was the outcome?

I had an 1:1 interview on campus that went well and was called a few days later to be invited to interview in the final round in Portland, OR.

4 interviews

Interview Questions
    • How soon can you be producing and adding to the bottom line?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at KeyBank in November 2012.

I was invited to a panel interview with 20 other applicants. The panel consisted of 5 KeyBank employees. 3 District Managers, 1 HR, and 1 Regional Manager. Corporate meeting room and very well organized and professional. I was impressed with their structure and professionalism. We all found our assigned seats and small talked amongst overselves (applicants). Suit and Tie necessary! KeyBank interviewers entered room and gave a detailed explanation of the interview process. They would go around the room and ask a behavioral question.... Tell me about a time when.... and often ask for clarity or further details.
    Each applicant was asked 2 questions.
    Then they would call names of applicants to meet in a side room. I didn't perform well and I knew it. They asked me how I thought I did and I was honest and said I didn't feel great about my performance. This was my first panel interview and behavioral interview process, ever.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your time management and follow up process and give an example?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairbanks, AK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairbanks, AK

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KeyBank in June 2011.

Interviewed with Retail VP and two local branch managers. Everyone was very nice and personable. The VP would throw some unique questions that I hadn't heard before, so be prepared in that regard. I got the strong sense they genuinely care about what they do and want to hire people that fit their mold. Overall, great experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at KeyBank in February 2011.

There is an online test that you need to take before hand. This is really important so they know what kind of employee you are going to be.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KeyBank in October 2009.

Had a phone interview with the local recruiter. After that I met with the branch manager. She quickly advanced me to meet with the Area Manager. After this I was called back a few days later and offered a job. Be prepared to sell an item, sell yourself, and prove that you can profile clients.

Interview Questions
    • Please choose and item and sell it to me to the best of your abilities.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at KeyBank in May 2009.

I had a phone interview and then another panel interview a couple of weeks later. I didn't hear back for a few days and then I received an offer. There were several positions open and they put me where they wanted to, I didn't get much say in which branch I was hired or at which position.

Take it or leave it

Relationship Manager Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KeyBank in December 2010.

Applied on line at their website. HR coordinator contacts you. Then you do a short phone interview. From there they will send out your application and resume to branch mgrs. You then are contacted to do one on ones with them. If they like you they will further you through the process. Background checks, drug screening, and a credit check is done. This takes about two - three weeks. Then they contact you to make you a offer over the phone then a formal letter is sent. The whole process is 2-3 weeks in length.

Interview Questions
    • Give specific situations on how you gave exceptional customer service.   View Answer
    • What would you do if you caught a fellow employee cheating the system or stealing?   View Answer
    Never really was one, they ask what your salary requirements are and then tell you what they can offer.

Relationship Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KeyBank in June 2010.

I was "recruited" by a manager but applied online. They made me go through 2 phone interviews with HR. Then a Panel interview with all of the area leaders. They ask a question and go around the table for everyones response.

Interview Questions
    If you're worth it.. negotiate. I was in a rush to switch jobs. I'm sure I could've gotten more. This job has a high turnover rate. So they are constantly needing people.