KeyBank Teller Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

2.3

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KeyBank.

Interview

I filled out an application online, took their virtual job tryout, and heard back from a recruiter 2 days later, but I was at work and unable to take the call. I called back and told her what times I would be available the next day, but I guess she didn't listen because she called me back when I told her I was unavailable. Anyway after a week of phone tag I had a phone interview and did well enough to have my info passed on to the branch itself. I had an interview, which I thought went well, and was told I would "definitely hear back from them". Its been three weeks with nothing. I expected a bank to at least be professional enough to let me know they had moved on with other candidates. Then I got an email letting me know they received my application for a branch in a nearby location (that I never applied for), so I guess I was just thrown back into their talent pool, though it would have been nice to hear that from the company itself.

Interview Questions

• They were very interested in my sales experience and how exactly my sales goals worked. They also asked about my money handling skills, how much I'm comfortable handling, and if I was comfortable recommending other services to clients. Overall it was a pretty easy interview and nothing threw me for a loop.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for KeyBank

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KeyBank (South Bend, IN) in June 2015.

Interview

Easy quick process the whole interview process from application to interview to offer took about 3 weeks initial phone screening then I met with the branch manager that interview was very informal did not ask the typical interview questions just a get to know you type of thing then I was passed on to the areaamger which was very formal and by the book.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where u worked with a disgruntled teamemever and how did you overcome that?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KeyBank.

Interview

In total it took almost 8 weeks from online application to start date (2 of which were to give my notice at my current job, I also had three interviews, fingerprinting, etc.)

Interview Questions

• I see you don't have prior banking experience. How does your prior work experience qualify you for the job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Canby, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at KeyBank (Canby, OR) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process consists of entering an application online. After a couple weeks I received a phone call asking me a couple questions then they told me about an interview had my interview which was fairly easy.

Interview Questions

• Why did you decide to work for a company like keybank?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Since it was my first time I playing at the Tower I did no negotiation. Also I was able to move up to a different position really quickly within 3 months.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suffern, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KeyBank (Suffern, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview was quite good and asked very general questions. First i got call for the phone interview and told me that she will send me an email regarding the confirmation of the interview (but didn't received any email), then set an one on one interview in the branch with the manager. Night before interview received call from the manager that he wanted to reschedule the interview and will call me next day but didn't received call. after two days got call for the new time for the interview. they need experienced person, didn't have any experience from USA at that time, i have international banking experience It was about an hour long interview, 1.Are you comfortable recommending financial services to clients? 2.This location is very slow, how would you bring more business to this location? 3.Describe your abilities with a computer on a scale of 1-10? 4.Talk about any leadership experience you've had? 5.How would you handle a coworker not doing her job? 6.Tell me about a time you were faced with an unhappy customer. How did you handle it? 7.Tell me a time when you went above and beyond for the customer? 8.cold calling?

Interview Questions

• Location is very slow how you bring business other than customer service?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at KeyBank (South Bend, IN) in May 2014.

Interview

I was asked three to four times how well did I handled stress. My interview was pretty much a discussion about what I have done in the past (previous banking experience) and how familiar was I with selling. The job has selling goals that are expected to be met to be considered an employee doing satisfactory work.

Interview Questions

• How well do you handle stress?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KeyBank (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview process was pretty smooth once I was called as month later after applying for a teller position. they told me that they would call within a week because they had other candidates... however they called me an hour after my interview to offer me a position. I accepted the offer and was satisfied with my position with Key Bank.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at KeyBank in April 2014.

Interview

The HR people are very bad at getting back to you if you get the job or not. It took a month before I even heard that I had an interview. You first do an over the phone interview with HR then if they think you're a good fit they will set you up for a 2nd interview. After both of the interviews they make you take a drug test, they want W2's from old jobs verifiyng that you actually worked at those places they also run extensive back ground checks and fingerprinting.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pretty easy, start high for pay

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KeyBank (Boulder, CO).

Interview

Word of advice: paste your resume up everywhere you can. And be prepared for a lengthy interview process, took nearly a month all together. I was contacted by an extremely pleasant recruiter via email asking me if I were interested in applying for a position. We scheduled a short phone interview. I then was asked to fill out the online application where there was a Virtual Tryout. You basically get tested on how you perform as a teller. There's multiple choice and some short answer questions. I scored high enough to get a an in-person interview with the head teller and branch manager. Lots of typical questions and situational explanations from past jobs. After that, I was contacted by HR to authorize a background check, and schedule a drug test/fingerprinting. Be advised, you may have to travel outside your town to find a local clinic that KeyBank works with. After my drug test was cleared HR asked me to send some proof of employment for two jobs they had a hard time contacting (it was winter break, so the university was closed). Finally I got a letter in the mail as well as a congratulatory email from everyone involved in the process saying they were excited to have me. Everyone at the Boulder branch is extremely nice and helped this otherwise cumbersome process go pretty smoothly.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too out of the ordinary in the face-to-face interview, but the short answer questions in the Virtual Tryout threw me off and they're timed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had the HR lady contact me over the phone and I asked her during the second phone interview if the dollar amount was reasonable. I did lots of research ahead of time, so they saw me as being reasonable and gave me my requested salary.

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KeyBank (Colorado Springs, CO) in June 2013.

Interview

Dress in business professional! Very straight forward interview, interviewed with the branch manager (who got fired a year later because she's incompetent) and the Operations Leader. They definitely respect their military veterans. Once the interview was over I was practically guaranteed a call back, and the next week I got a phone call from the head of HR.

Interview Questions

• A big question was, " if you saw someone on the teller line take a $10 bill, what would you do in that situation?   Answer Question