KeyBank

2.5

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

The process took a dayinterviewed at KeyBank in March 2009.

The interview was typical, but you need to be prepared to answer some (I now understand) typical questions sometimes asked by an interviewer, such as "Describe to me a difficult situation you encountered in a former workplace, and how you were able to coordinate efforts with your co-workers to resolve the diffuculty".

Interview Questions
  • Describe a difficult situation you have faced at a former employer, and what steps you and your co-workers took to overcome the difficulty?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for KeyBank

Teller Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KeyBank in March 2010.

My first interview was a one on one and she mostly asked me about my background and some senerio questions. The whole thing was probably 30 mins. After 2 weeks I got my second interview and they asked more in depth questions like my skills and a few senerio questions. 2 days later I got the acceptance call :)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KeyBank in May 2012.

First skill test, then phone interview, then in person interview with 2 managers, then drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your abilities with a computer on a scale of 1-10.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KeyBank.

Word of advice: paste your resume up everywhere you can. And be prepared for a lengthy interview process, took nearly a month all together.

I was contacted by an extremely pleasant recruiter via email asking me if I were interested in applying for a position. We scheduled a short phone interview. I then was asked to fill out the online application where there was a Virtual Tryout. You basically get tested on how you perform as a teller. There's multiple choice and some short answer questions. I scored high enough to get a an in-person interview with the head teller and branch manager. Lots of typical questions and situational explanations from past jobs.

After that, I was contacted by HR to authorize a background check, and schedule a drug test/fingerprinting. Be advised, you may have to travel outside your town to find a local clinic that KeyBank works with. After my drug test was cleared HR asked me to send some proof of employment for two jobs they had a hard time contacting (it was winter break, so the university was closed).

Finally I got a letter in the mail as well as a congratulatory email from everyone involved in the process saying they were excited to have me. Everyone at the Boulder branch is extremely nice and helped this otherwise cumbersome process go pretty smoothly.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too out of the ordinary in the face-to-face interview, but the short answer questions in the Virtual Tryout threw me off and they're timed.   Answer Question
    I had the HR lady contact me over the phone and I asked her during the second phone interview if the dollar amount was reasonable. I did lots of research ahead of time, so they saw me as being reasonable and gave me my requested salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canby, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canby, OR

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at KeyBank in November 2014.

The interview process consists of entering an application online. After a couple weeks I received a phone call asking me a couple questions then they told me about an interview had my interview which was fairly easy.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you decide to work for a company like keybank?   Answer Question
    Since it was my first time I playing at the Tower I did no negotiation. Also I was able to move up to a different position really quickly within 3 months.

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at KeyBank in April 2014.

The HR people are very bad at getting back to you if you get the job or not. It took a month before I even heard that I had an interview. You first do an over the phone interview with HR then if they think you're a good fit they will set you up for a 2nd interview. After both of the interviews they make you take a drug test, they want W2's from old jobs verifiyng that you actually worked at those places they also run extensive back ground checks and fingerprinting.

Interview Questions
    Pretty easy, start high for pay

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at KeyBank in August 2012.

Interview process was very simple, came into the branch and met with the client service manager as well as the branch manager. Asked me a few simple questions and was done.

Interview Questions
    • "this location is very slow, how would you bring more business to this location?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suffern, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suffern, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KeyBank in October 2014.

Interview was quite good and asked very general questions. First i got call for the phone interview and told me that she will send me an email regarding the confirmation of the interview (but didn't received any email), then set an one on one interview in the branch with the manager.
    Night before interview received call from the manager that he wanted to reschedule the interview and will call me next day but didn't received call. after two days got call for the new time for the interview. they need experienced person, didn't have any experience from USA at that time, i have international banking experience
    It was about an hour long interview,

1.Are you comfortable recommending financial services to clients?
    2.This location is very slow, how would you bring more business to this location?
    3.Describe your abilities with a computer on a scale of 1-10?
    4.Talk about any leadership experience you've had?
    5.How would you handle a coworker not doing her job?
    6.Tell me about a time you were faced with an unhappy customer. How did you handle it?
    7.Tell me a time when you went above and beyond for the customer?
    8.cold calling?

Interview Questions
    • Location is very slow how you bring business other than customer service?   View Answer

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KeyBank.

Applied online, they have you do a virtual teller test. HR will contact you if they want you to schedule an in branch interview. At the next interview, you will meet someone to interview you and ask you typical interview questions.

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moses Lake, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moses Lake, WA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at KeyBank in September 2012.

Since I was a current client to KeyBank I heard the position and talked with the Tellers/Lead Teller about it before hand. Since they already knew me the interview was quick and easy. Alot was already known.