KeyBank Teller Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

2.3

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at KeyBank.

Interview

Apply online for a number of positions, wait for a couple weeks, get an emailed virtual job tryout, wait a week, get a phone interview, wait a week, get an interview with the District Ops Manager, wait a week, get an interview with the branch management, wait a week, get an offer and instructions to go get drug tested while they do background checks, wait two weeks, start.

Interview Questions

• None, all the typical questions. Hard client experience, management/coworker difficulty, great customer experience, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Was immediately told the offer stands as is.

Other Interview Reviews for KeyBank

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at KeyBank (South Bend, IN) in May 2014.

Interview

I was asked three to four times how well did I handled stress. My interview was pretty much a discussion about what I have done in the past (previous banking experience) and how familiar was I with selling. The job has selling goals that are expected to be met to be considered an employee doing satisfactory work.

Interview Questions

• How well do you handle stress?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KeyBank (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview process was pretty smooth once I was called as month later after applying for a teller position. they told me that they would call within a week because they had other candidates... however they called me an hour after my interview to offer me a position. I accepted the offer and was satisfied with my position with Key Bank.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KeyBank (South Bend, IN) in June 2015.

Interview

Easy quick process the whole interview process from application to interview to offer took about 3 weeks initial phone screening then I met with the branch manager that interview was very informal did not ask the typical interview questions just a get to know you type of thing then I was passed on to the areaamger which was very formal and by the book.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where u worked with a disgruntled teamemever and how did you overcome that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at KeyBank (Cincinnati, OH) in August 2012.

Interview

Interview process was very simple, came into the branch and met with the client service manager as well as the branch manager. Asked me a few simple questions and was done.

Interview Questions

• "this location is very slow, how would you bring more business to this location?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KeyBank (Colorado Springs, CO) in June 2013.

Interview

Dress in business professional! Very straight forward interview, interviewed with the branch manager (who got fired a year later because she's incompetent) and the Operations Leader. They definitely respect their military veterans. Once the interview was over I was practically guaranteed a call back, and the next week I got a phone call from the head of HR.

Interview Questions

• A big question was, " if you saw someone on the teller line take a $10 bill, what would you do in that situation?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KeyBank.

Interview

Applied online, they have you do a virtual teller test. HR will contact you if they want you to schedule an in branch interview. At the next interview, you will meet someone to interview you and ask you typical interview questions.

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Suffern, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KeyBank (Suffern, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview was quite good and asked very general questions. First i got call for the phone interview and told me that she will send me an email regarding the confirmation of the interview (but didn't received any email), then set an one on one interview in the branch with the manager. Night before interview received call from the manager that he wanted to reschedule the interview and will call me next day but didn't received call. after two days got call for the new time for the interview. they need experienced person, didn't have any experience from USA at that time, i have international banking experience It was about an hour long interview, 1.Are you comfortable recommending financial services to clients? 2.This location is very slow, how would you bring more business to this location? 3.Describe your abilities with a computer on a scale of 1-10? 4.Talk about any leadership experience you've had? 5.How would you handle a coworker not doing her job? 6.Tell me about a time you were faced with an unhappy customer. How did you handle it? 7.Tell me a time when you went above and beyond for the customer? 8.cold calling?

Interview Questions

• Location is very slow how you bring business other than customer service?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moses Lake, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at KeyBank (Moses Lake, WA) in September 2012.

Interview

Since I was a current client to KeyBank I heard the position and talked with the Tellers/Lead Teller about it before hand. Since they already knew me the interview was quick and easy. Alot was already known.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KeyBank (Cleveland, OH) in October 2012.

Interview

After completing the online application there was a Virtual Teller Tryout. Received phone screen from HR the next week. Interviewed two days later. The interview took place with the Relationship Manager as well as a Regional Manager. Interview questions were basic. Interviewers were trying to get a sense as to whether or not you could sell different services to clients. Accepted job the next day.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience meeting quotas? Are you comfortable recommending financial services to clients?   Answer Question