Keyence

74 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Elmwood Park, NJ

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Keyence in April 2014.

Interview Details – Step 1: Mechanical aptitude assessment test
Step 2: Phone interview (10-15 minute preliminary interview)
Step 3: Caliper assessment test
Step 4: Pre-recorded video interview
Step 5: Final interview face to face for one hour

Interview Question – During the phone interview i was asked just two question and one of them was a multiple choice question.   Answer Question

Kansas City, MO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Keyence in June 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a third party recruiter. Took Keyence's mechanical aptitude test, did the phone interview, video interview on Hirevue.com, then took personality assessment. After I completed those they said they were impressed with qualifications but didn't have any openings available in Kansas City. They asked me what other locations I would want to be considered for.

Interview Question – Describe a time you promoted something   Answer Question

Technical Sales Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Keyence in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through a campus online job board. First completed an online comprehension test. It was fairly easy if you took physics in college. Had my first interview which lasted about thirty minutes. Very easy. The person interviewing me sounded like she hardly knew anything about the job.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were easy. She asked me a weird question about how technology was a significant part of my life career wise.   Answer Question

Technical Sales Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Keyence.

Interview Details – After you apply online you will get a email to do the assessment. If you pass it you will get a email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview is straightforward, just prepare how to introduce yourself and your experiences and prepare to answer the question of three aspects of a successful salesperson.

Interview Question – Name three aspects of a successful salesperson   Answer Question

Technical Sales Engineer

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Keyence in May 2014.

Interview Details – After an initial online assessment of your personality and basic physics, assuming you did well enough to garner their attention, Keyence will contact you and give you the opportunity to do a webcam interview where you answer prerecorded questions. They're all pretty straightforward: Why you think you're a good fit, when you've had to overcome an obstacle, what are your strong points, etc etc. Simple enough, and if they like your responses they'll invite you to their hiring event in Chicago.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time that you advocated for something that you felt strongly about or believed in.   Answer Question

Santa Barbara, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Keyence in June 2014.

Interview Details – First started with a 68 question multiple choice high school level physics test. Passed that and got a initial HR personality phone interview. Then moved on to video interview where they asked 5 or 6 six questions that really tested interest in going into sales. Haven't heard back in about a month.

Interview Question – Describe a difficult task that you have encountered and what did you do to solve it.   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Keyence in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, received an invitation to take an online multiple choice physics test. Passed that and I had a phone interview, after that, you take a personality test, then Hirevue Webcam Interview. I had 30 seconds to think about the question and had to answer in 3 minutes. The questions were: Tell me about a time when you had to do something you didn't want to do. I thought it was very difficult, and no wonder so many people fail at this stage.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to overcome a problem   View Answer

Sales Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Keyence in May 2014.

Interview Details – There is a technical quiz, a personality profile test to determine sales fit, a phone interview, and a video interview. The video interview is new - candidates interview from home in front of their computer and they record responses to 6 pre-determined questions. I recommend dressing up for this, as candidates have been ruled out based on non-professional attire during the video interview, even though its not in front of a real person. Also, don't write out your answers and read them. Be natural, be yourself, and act like its a live interview. If you do well and there is an opening in the areas that you indicate you'd be interested in working, you will move on to an in-person interview. This will involve a Q&A about your resume and experiences (traditional interview format), a presentation on a prepared subject that you will know about in advance, and a brief sales role-play. The second two parts are a skills evaluation, one for presentation and preparation, and one for sales skill, largely questioning, logic, passion, and persistence. While sales experience aren't a requirement for the job, having skills that can be built upon are important.

Interview Question – Most people that don't pass under-prepare for the presentation. They don't take it seriously enough and it shows. Candidates are evaluated on their presentation ability, their ability to handle questions (which shows preparation and full understanding of the topic), and their professionalism.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Little room for negotiation.

San Ramon, CA

Interview Details – Started off being contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn who spoke with me about the position to see if it was something I was really interested in. After that, I set up a short phone discussion with someone in their HR to discuss the position and to talk a little bit about myself and answer a few personality questions. After that I took the Mechanical composition test which was pretty easy, very basic high school physics stuff and you can even find the test online if you look around so you can at least prepare for what they will ask. After that I was moved onto the 6 question video interview and then was provided a link to take the 100 question caliper assessment which basically asks you the same question 20 different way and also has you solve some puzzles to see if you can figure out patterns. That's where my interview ended, with no feedback of where it all went wrong (probably the video interview), but that seems to be pretty standard.

Interview Question – Describe a time you had to change your style to adapt to a situation or accommodate others.   View Answers (3)

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Keyence in March 2014.

Interview Details – Application was easy enough, just did a cover letter and sent my resume in and they contacted me back within a couple of days. Conducted phone interview asking why I was interested in the position, etc. Sent me a link to a personality test, which I apparently didn't mesh well with, and got a rejection email the next day.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in selling industrial machinery?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Keyence

Worked for Keyence? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Keyence interview questions and advice. All 74 interview reviews posted anonymously by Keyence employees and interview candidates.