Keyence Sales Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

24 interviews

3.3

24 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Keyence.

First Step :Mechanical assessment Test.
For anybody that wants to prepare ahead of time the Test is :
Bennett Mechanical Comprehension Test - Form S
Second Step: Preliminary Interview.

Kind of a rude interview.Answers need to be straightforward fashion
Feels more like an interrogation than an interview

Questions asked:
Industry/ or Technologies you interested in?
Interviewer gives few words and you have to select one
Pick one that mostly fit criteria.
Compensation,customer service, Problem solving...
Rate location your location preferences and rate on scale 1-10.
GPA

I Found the attitude of the interviewer to be very rude.

Interview Questions
  • All of them.
    have an answer for Industry/ or Technologies you interested in?
      Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Keyence

Sales Engineer Interview

Mechanical aptitude, Skype-like interview, face to face, offer. Based on my experience, the culture seemed very stagnant and uninspiring. Cubicle farm with no energy. No music, no females, no x-factors. They maintain a poker face throughout the whole interview, never really giving you much of a feeling of being invited or potentially welcomed. The "sell me this pen" exercise seemed cheesy. The people I interviewed with were very professional, intelligent and involved.

Interview Questions
    • Who is your favorite WWE character and why?   View Answer

I declined based on the low pay and stagnant culture. The office was uninspiring. I couldn't see myself walking into it weekly. The 100 cold calls 2x per week isn't what I'm looking for.

Anonymous Employee  in  Elmwood Park, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Elmwood Park, NJ

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Keyence in April 2014.

Step 1: Mechanical aptitude assessment test
    Step 2: Phone interview (10-15 minute preliminary interview)
    Step 3: Caliper assessment test
    Step 4: Pre-recorded video interview
    Step 5: Final interview face to face for one hour

Interview Questions
    • During the phone interview i was asked just two question and one of them was a multiple choice question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Santa Barbara, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Keyence in June 2014.

First started with a 68 question multiple choice high school level physics test. Passed that and got a initial HR personality phone interview. Then moved on to video interview where they asked 5 or 6 six questions that really tested interest in going into sales. Haven't heard back in about a month.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult task that you have encountered and what did you do to solve it.   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Keyence in May 2014.

There is a technical quiz, a personality profile test to determine sales fit, a phone interview, and a video interview. The video interview is new - candidates interview from home in front of their computer and they record responses to 6 pre-determined questions. I recommend dressing up for this, as candidates have been ruled out based on non-professional attire during the video interview, even though its not in front of a real person. Also, don't write out your answers and read them. Be natural, be yourself, and act like its a live interview. If you do well and there is an opening in the areas that you indicate you'd be interested in working, you will move on to an in-person interview. This will involve a Q&A about your resume and experiences (traditional interview format), a presentation on a prepared subject that you will know about in advance, and a brief sales role-play. The second two parts are a skills evaluation, one for presentation and preparation, and one for sales skill, largely questioning, logic, passion, and persistence. While sales experience aren't a requirement for the job, having skills that can be built upon are important.

Interview Questions
    • Most people that don't pass under-prepare for the presentation. They don't take it seriously enough and it shows. Candidates are evaluated on their presentation ability, their ability to handle questions (which shows preparation and full understanding of the topic), and their professionalism.   View Answer
    Little room for negotiation.

Anonymous Employee  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Keyence in March 2014.

Application was easy enough, just did a cover letter and sent my resume in and they contacted me back within a couple of days. Conducted phone interview asking why I was interested in the position, etc. Sent me a link to a personality test, which I apparently didn't mesh well with, and got a rejection email the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in selling industrial machinery?   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Keyence in March 2014.

Was contacted out of the blue by a recruiter. Seemed like an attractive job but not sure I had the desired sales experience. They seem to hire lots of college students??

Interview Questions
    • What are the skills required for a good salesperson?   View Answer

Sales Engineer Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Keyence in April 2014.

Very thorough interview process. I made it through the personality assessment and content test before bowing out after the video interview. My understanding is that the next step is an onsite interview before a Chicago based interview. Though long, I appreciate that Keyence seems to hire who they want rather than who they must.

Sales Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Keyence in April 2014.

I realize this is an innovative technology company but they seem to be trying to take the personal element out of the hiring process. I never actually met anyone face to face. it was fill out the app online, take a science assessment, a short phone interview where they asked nothing of substance, a personality assessment, then finally a video interview where there were 6 prerecorded questions that you recorded answers to. After that I got the "We've found other candidates....." letter. This is definitely not the way to hire sales people.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. There was just no feedback from the company or any personal interaction.   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Keyence.

Pretty standard process. I filled out a technical exam and passed through a phone interview. I was flown to Chicago for 4 in person interviews and was offered the position that day.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, their rates are pretty set.

Worked for Keyence? Contribute to the Community!