Keyence Sales Executive Interview Questions & Reviews

8 interviews

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Keyence in August 2012.

Long hiring process but it moves quickly. First you will be contacted by email and asked to take an online aptitude test. The test is mostly high school level physics, so a basic understanding of mechanical advantage, weight/volume displacement, etc. should get you through this.
Next comes a phone interview. You will be asked general/standard interview questions, so practice your standard scripted responses. Next comes a webcam interview, which is really just more of the same of from the phone interview. If this goes well you will be invited to a corporate office to meet with the local sales manager in person and receive an offer.

Interview Questions

I felt that the strict dress code (dress shirt and tie) and rigid hours would not be a good fit for me. I am not a slob nor slothful/habitually late, but I don't think these things should be requirements in a modern sales position. I definitely do not think someone should receive a demerit for these reasons. I'm sure many people do well in this setting, but its just not a good fit for me.

Other Interview Reviews for Keyence

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Keyence in January 2012.

Applied through my career center. Filled out all necessary application infer. Initial phone interview followed by a skills test. Adobe connect interview with basic questions and role-play interview. Attended Keyence Career Day and had 2 hour long interviews with 4 people in each. Basic interview questions, followed by a product presentation, and a sales role play.

Sales Executive Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Keyence in January 2009.

A staffing company had me meet someone from human resources person from Keyence. I had a short interview with him. He was very friendly and it was comfortable answering his questions. He called me the next day letting me know that I did a great job and that I would be moving along to the next interviewing phase. I later went to another interview where I met the site manager. He teleconferenced other bigwigs from other parts of the company to interview me. They asked all the basic questions and it felt comfortable. In the end, I didn't get the job because they said someone had more sales experience than me.

Sales Executive Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Keyence.

First contacted me a recruitment agency asking me some questions and telling me about the job, after she was preparing me for the interview. after few days I had a Skype interview with a very young guy who asked me some questions without caring how I answer. And after did not hear anything from them.

Interview Questions
    • How will you find your customers and if the company does not have a website how will you research about them.   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Keyence in September 2012.

Applied online. 10 days later received an email asking me to take the Bennett Mechanical Aptitude Test online. Scored better than 95% of people that take it. Phone interview, video conference interview, personality test, nothing... Called them after 5 weeks to hear I was out of the running. Quite unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of tell me about a time when you: disagreed with a manager, failed to close a deal, etc. I was admittedly quite foolishly, unprepared for these, after it being a while since my last interview and after the phone interview going extremely well (what was supposed to be 15 minutes was 40 with the gentleman on the other end sounding extremely enthusiastic) I decided to relax before this interview instead of stress out about it... Mistake. Anyway, go on youtube and google to find examples of these questions.   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Keyence in July 2011.

I applied online. Two days later I received an email with an attached link to an assessment test (which was geared toward high school level physics). The test was a basic logic, simple physics test..I passed. I received another email from a company recruiter asking dates and times for availability for a phone interview. The best time he had was two weeks away. Phone interview was very basic, short and dry. I was asked to sell myself, then I was asked a couple of non biased questions based on personality. They told me that the local office will review my interview and resume and depending on results contact me within 7 -10 days.The recruiter also gave me the human resource number "in case I did not hear anything"

Overall: Looks like a great company. Interview was dry and short.

Interview Questions
    • Sell yourself based on your background   Answer Question
    • Personality based ...i.e. what would you prefer or value most from your company?

customer service, compensation, product development, team work
        Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Keyence in March 2010.

sounds like great training program and lots of support but might be more restrictive/controlling than you might expect for an outside sales position - lots of cold calling expected - they admitted they have fairly high turnover during a strong economy - study up on Japanese business culture before interviewing with them as it might help you better understand them

Sales Executive Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Keyence in March 2008.

Interview consists of several different stages and there are two different styles. The process that I went through was a phone interview, followed by a personality test, followed by a one on one in chicago, then a skills test, then another interview in a different city, then several days later I received my offer. Start to finish was over two weeks. Some people do A group round table interview, followed by break out presentations, followed by one on ones, and then skills and personality tests.

Interview Questions
    • No real unexpected questions. A lot of tell me about a time when,....   Answer Question
    It is take it or leave it. Keyence follows an exact structure in both pay and everything else they do. If you like the offer take it if you don't they will give it to someone else.

Worked for Keyence? Contribute to the Community!