Keyence Technical Sales Representative Interview Questions

3.4

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

interviewed at Keyence in October 2013.

Had 1 phone interview with HR. Bad connection on his side and it was very difficult to hear him. Had to ask him to repeat everything.

Interview Questions
  • What are three qualities every sales person should have?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Keyence

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Keyence in October 2013.

Was contacted by a recruiter who encouraged me to apply online. Then received an email asking me to complete a basic physics aptitude test. After passing that I was given a phone interview. A week later I was asked to do a personality interview and then a video interview. I never heard back after that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Keyence in November 2012.

After taking a test which was mostly general physics comprehension type questions, I was called for an initial phone interview, to be conducted via web cam. The technical quality on Keyence's end was laughable and I realized it was likely not going to end well. The interviewer apologized for the poor quality but it was very disappointing. The interviewer appeared to be about 25 years old and his assistant, who sat quietly, looked even younger. The interviewer struggled a bit with English and appeared a bit uncomfortable/ill-prepared. Overall it was a disappointing experience for a company with a good reputation.

Interview Questions
    • Greatest difficulty was overcoming poor technical connection on Keyence's side. No question was difficult, although I struggled later to understand how any of the question pertained to my ability to analyze and overcome technical challenges in a work environment, unless their crappy web cam was the real test!   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Itasca, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Itasca, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Keyence in November 2012.

Was contacted to take an online technical skills test. Mainly physics type questions. Then was told I passed and got a phone interview. From the phone interview I was offered a Skype interview. Thought that all interview processes went well. Didn't hear from the company for almost 3 weeks when I received an email saying that I had not been chosen. Drawn out process and they leave you waiting for a long time in between steps.

Interview Questions
    • Your hobby is flying. Sell me on joining the aviation club at your college.   Answer Question

Technical Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Keyence in March 2011.

I applied to the job through the school I was attending. Told through email that I passed a phone interview (which I never had) and provided with a link to take some assessment tests, which a 10-year-old could have passed. About 2 weeks after the assessment tests were finished, I was contacted once again for a 1:1. I live quite a distance from the interview location, so we scheduled an interview through Adobe Connect.

Technical Sales Representative Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Keyence in November 2009.

The first interview was a one-on-one interview, which was fairly easy. It consisted of having a conversation about my interests as well as demonstrating the ability to problem solve and ask numerous questions. The next step was a Keyence Career Day with several candidates and sales managers present. There were various activities throughout the day, such as a group strategy discussion, practice sales pitch to a group of 3 sales managers, and a panel interview to finish the day.