Keyence Technical Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 5, 2015

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Keyence (Miami, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

The first step was to complete a Bennett Assessment Test, which is a mechanical comprehension test. This test is very straightforward. The next step was a brief phone interview, which was probably to see whether the applicant had basic phone communication skills. This was followed by a HireVue interview. These are annoying because it is like a Skype interview with no one so it can be awkward. After this there was a personality test. That's as far as I got...

Interview Questions

• Describe an obstacle that you had to overcome, and how.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Keyence

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I interviewed at Keyence (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2013.

Interview

Had 1 phone interview with HR. Bad connection on his side and it was very difficult to hear him. Had to ask him to repeat everything.

Interview Questions

• What are three qualities every sales person should have?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Keyence (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter who encouraged me to apply online. Then received an email asking me to complete a basic physics aptitude test. After passing that I was given a phone interview. A week later I was asked to do a personality interview and then a video interview. I never heard back after that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Keyence (Chicago, IL) in November 2012.

Interview

After taking a test which was mostly general physics comprehension type questions, I was called for an initial phone interview, to be conducted via web cam. The technical quality on Keyence's end was laughable and I realized it was likely not going to end well. The interviewer apologized for the poor quality but it was very disappointing. The interviewer appeared to be about 25 years old and his assistant, who sat quietly, looked even younger. The interviewer struggled a bit with English and appeared a bit uncomfortable/ill-prepared. Overall it was a disappointing experience for a company with a good reputation.

Interview Questions

• Greatest difficulty was overcoming poor technical connection on Keyence's side. No question was difficult, although I struggled later to understand how any of the question pertained to my ability to analyze and overcome technical challenges in a work environment, unless their crappy web cam was the real test!   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Itasca, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Keyence (Itasca, IL) in November 2012.

Interview

Was contacted to take an online technical skills test. Mainly physics type questions. Then was told I passed and got a phone interview. From the phone interview I was offered a Skype interview. Thought that all interview processes went well. Didn't hear from the company for almost 3 weeks when I received an email saying that I had not been chosen. Drawn out process and they leave you waiting for a long time in between steps.

Interview Questions

• Your hobby is flying. Sell me on joining the aviation club at your college.   Answer Question

Technical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Keyence (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

I've only completed the first round so far and it was very short, 5-10 minute interview. They only asked 3 questions, and they were fairly standard easy to answer. I was just interviewed recently and I'm waiting to hear if I made it to the next round.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background and work experience. Why do you want this position, specifically why do you want to work for us? What other jobs are you applying to? Are they primarily sales positions?   Answer Question

Technical Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Keyence in March 2011.

Interview

I applied to the job through the school I was attending. Told through email that I passed a phone interview (which I never had) and provided with a link to take some assessment tests, which a 10-year-old could have passed. About 2 weeks after the assessment tests were finished, I was contacted once again for a 1:1. I live quite a distance from the interview location, so we scheduled an interview through Adobe Connect.

Technical Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Keyence in November 2009.

Interview

The first interview was a one-on-one interview, which was fairly easy. It consisted of having a conversation about my interests as well as demonstrating the ability to problem solve and ask numerous questions. The next step was a Keyence Career Day with several candidates and sales managers present. There were various activities throughout the day, such as a group strategy discussion, practice sales pitch to a group of 3 sales managers, and a panel interview to finish the day.