Keynote Systems

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Keynote Systems

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Keynote Systems in October 2011.

I received an email 5 or 6 days after I originally applied for this position asking if I would like to have a phone interview the next day between 1pm and 2pm. I responded and sure enough, I got the call.

I was a bit thrown off by how casual the conversation was. The individual I spoke with did not ask me anything about my resume or my background or anything in particular. She only said "sooooooo...tell me some stuff about you." So I did. I probably went on somewhat of a tangent which is never really a good thing. Then after I was done, she proceeded to tell me about the position itself . I then asked a few questions that were not very obvious from reading the job description. And she proceeded to tell me about the tasks of the position AGAIN. I thought "how many times will you repeat yourself?" Anyhow, the last thing she told me was "take some time to think about whether or not you want to do this job and email me back in a few days". I told her that I was very sure about the job and my ability to handle it. She still insisted that I take some time to figure out what I wanted to do. I took that as a rejection and sure enough, I was right. A few hours later I got a "thank you...but you suck" email.

I'm not going to argue that I didn't "suck" but I suppose by her standards, I wasn't a good fit. She could have just told me that rather than sending me a shady email a few moments later.

Anyway, I have no real complaints save for that last shadiness. I've never been denied a 1:1 interview after a phone interview so this is new for me. I'll just take the experience for face value and call it a day. But one thing is for sure, I won't ever apply here again. I've seen a lot of shady things but nothing like that.

Information Technology Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Keynote Systems in January 2010.

The interview process was horrendously long, and involved 2-3 phone interviews and then five in person interviews, each of which lasted a half day or longer with no breaks for food, drink, or restroom. Took 6 weeks. Exhausting. Had to keep coming back to their office multiple times for multi-hour interviews, was very aggravating. I almost walked out on several occasions.

Interview Questions
    • Trying to explain well known and accepted IT architectural concepts to 20+ year IT veterans was very difficult, and individuals insisted on doing things in a manner which was circa 1994 out of some arcane UNIX lab.   Answer Question
    Quick, salary offer was high once it came through.

Collection Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Keynote Systems in December 2008.

Seemed great but never heard back..Had an over hour long phone interview..When I arrived I interviewed with the controller and collection manager..Everything seemed great. We hit it off then I didnt heard back for weeks with some form email of how I didnt seem to fit in or something..

Interview Questions
    • What are your best collection skills..   View Answer

Sales Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Keynote Systems in June 2008.

Initial phone interview with sales manager. Basic questions about background, education, goals. Company paid for my airline ticket to interview, which was classy, considering they hadn't ascertianed whether or not I was the right fit for the organization. Casual atmosphere. I arrived wearing a jacket and tie and the manager laughed, humorously indicating that ties were a "no no". Ultimately got the job and enjoyed my time there.