Interviews for Top Jobs at Keynote Systems

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Keynote Systems in October 2011.

I received an email 5 or 6 days after I originally applied for this position asking if I would like to have a phone interview the next day between 1pm and 2pm. I responded and sure enough, I got the call.

I was a bit thrown off by how casual the conversation was. The individual I spoke with did not ask me anything about my resume or my background or anything in particular. She only said "sooooooo...tell me some stuff about you." So I did. I probably went on somewhat of a tangent which is never really a good thing. Then after I was done, she proceeded to tell me about the position itself . I then asked a few questions that were not very obvious from reading the job description. And she proceeded to tell me about the tasks of the position AGAIN. I thought "how many times will you repeat yourself?" Anyhow, the last thing she told me was "take some time to think about whether or not you want to do this job and email me back in a few days". I told her that I was very sure about the job and my ability to handle it. She still insisted that I take some time to figure out what I wanted to do. I took that as a rejection and sure enough, I was right. A few hours later I got a "thank you...but you suck" email.

I'm not going to argue that I didn't "suck" but I suppose by her standards, I wasn't a good fit. She could have just told me that rather than sending me a shady email a few moments later.

Anyway, I have no real complaints save for that last shadiness. I've never been denied a 1:1 interview after a phone interview so this is new for me. I'll just take the experience for face value and call it a day. But one thing is for sure, I won't ever apply here again. I've seen a lot of shady things but nothing like that.

Interview Questions