Keystone Strategy Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2015

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Keystone Strategy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Keystone Strategy (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

There were two rounds. The first round was a 1-hour phone interview with a consultant consisting of a resume walk-through and one case question. The second round was a set of 4 back-to back in-person interviews, 1 hour each. These interviews were with employees of increasing seniority: Associate Consultant, Senior Consultant, Engagement Manager, Partner. The first three of these interviews each contained fit questions and one case. The final interview with the Partner consisted solely of fit questions.

Case questions were always related to actual problems that the company had worked on. With the exception of one case (which was more quantitative), they did not require any computation. The interviewers were instead more interested in your explanation of how you would go about thinking about and solving the problem. Every single one of the interviewers was incredibly friendly and supportive.

I would be sure to ask after the in-person interviews about next-steps; otherwise they seem to prefer leaving the time line a bit open-ended.

On the whole--a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Fit questions: Resume walk-through. Why consulting? Why Keystone?
      Case questions: We had a client who came to us with this problem....(description of problem)...how would you approach this problem?

Answer Question

Strategy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Keystone Strategy in April 2015.

Interview

The process took about 2 weeks. I applied and was contacted by mail few days after where I set up an interview. A second interview was conducted a week after.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Keystone Strategy (New York, NY).

Interview

Recruiter reached out and scheduled an hour phone interview. The interview consisted of behavioral questions and one phone case study. Then they brought me into the office for a 4 hour interview. I met with four different people and the interviews were a combination of behavioral and case questions. It was much more informal than I had expected. They were late, no one was there to greet me, they were having a busy day so I understand. Then they didn't get back to me about the interview for almost two weeks. I emailed 4 times in that time. I was pretty appalled at this.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you took a backseat position on a team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Keystone Strategy (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Was first contacted by a Recruiter to schedule a phone interview. First interview was behavioral and lasted ~60 mins. The recruiter told me that they would follow up about a case interview which they did a month later. The case interview was also over the phone. The interviewer was late in calling me and sounded annoyed that he had to interview me. Even though I believed I did great at the case I was emailed a couple of days later that they could not proceed any further. Overall, I was taken aback by the second interviewer's attitude.

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Keystone Strategy.

Interview

First Round interview 1:1 at College Careers Services with an Senior Associate. Very straight forward. 5 min fit 20 min case 5 min questions. Second Round at their New York Office, was kind of awkward because it was 6 half-hour long interviews. Some of the interviewers were not expecting to interview me and were more nervous that I was. It was a mixture of 1:1 and 2:1 interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Keystone Strategy (Cambridge, MA) in August 2014.

Interview

I received an email from a Keystone recruiter after applying for two associate positions on their careers site. They asked for a slide deck in response to some standard background interview questions; there was a 5 day deadline. I asked the recruiter a question via email before the deadline, but never received a response and also never heard back about the slide deck I submitted (but that would be typical).

Also, I applied for two different associate positions, one strategy, one quantitative. The recruiter never specified the position for which I was being considered.

Overall, I was unimpressed with the experience.

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Keystone Strategy in March 2014.

Interview

I applied through my school's career website. They got back to me within two weeks and set up an initial campus interview. The interviewer was really nice. Asked some behavioral questions and then moved onto a small case. Had some time to ask questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• What is the most challenging project you have worked on?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Keystone Strategy (Boston, MA) in May 2010.

Interview

First round was on campus, it was a 1:1 interview with a small case. The second round was 4 interviews with 3 cases.

Interview Questions

• The question was on the how the R&D investments in a country can help the GDP?. As an analyst how would you get the data for this case?   1 Answer

Strategy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Keystone Strategy.

Interview

For the first step, given list of generic behavioral-type of questions and asked to prepare a presentation response.
    Didn't progress beyond first round.

Interview Questions

• What was your best job and worst job?
       Describe your academic experience

Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Keystone Strategy.

Interview

Interview has a bunch of estimation questions and cases.