Kforce Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.4

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kforce.

Interview

One of the company's recruiters contacted me a day or two after applying and discussed KForce's background and culture. She set me up with an interview to meet with one of the managers at one of the recruiting centers. I met with him and discussed my background in recruiting and he then had two different people come in at separate times to speak with me about working for the company. From what I got from them was that "experience is less valuable than getting along with all the co-workers". I was called for a second interview, spoke with two other recruiters and the manager, basically the same as the last visit. They were just trying to see if I could fit in well with the other recruiters. However, the manager then went over the compensation package discussing the commission structure. The one thing I found amusing was that some of the recruiter's I talked to had less than 1 year of recruiting experience, they seem to only care about you fitting into their workplace. I haven't receive an offer.....yet!

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kforce (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews that were brief, followed by two in-person interviews in their Chicago office. Both phone interviews were with a corporate recruiter who seemed more interested in describing the position to me than my qualifications. The first in-person interview was a bit strange, I met with three different people, one after the other, and the second interview was with the person in charge of the Chicago branch. Everything seemed to be going well and I fully expected an offer, until I was told a lower salary than initially indicated and had an employee tell me that the hours are typically 55-60 per week for this position. I expressed my concerns regarding the hours and salary, and did not hear from the company again.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kforce.

Interview

This is a compilation of bad experiences going on for almost 5 years. (They have a few good recruiters, but they are in general horrible to deal with.) In my experience this is one of the absolute worst staffing firms. I just caught them in yet another lie today. And they've got offices that won't answer their phones at all. (As of today, the Charlotte phone rings 9 times without anyone picking up.) I had one excellent recruiter who hated working for Kforce so much she went back to school full-time to get away from them. They didn't not value her at all from what I could see. My recommendation is to steer clear of this firm. They consistently pay less than other firms like an Indian firm, they are falsely pleasant, then belligerent, and argumentative when you catch them in a lie, and clearly just out for themselves. From my friend on the inside who quit, they are being trained to manipulate and mislead you...and yes, offer ridiculously low rates to try and cheat you. And this certainly matches my experience. You are better off with successful small local firms. I've found that they are alot more honest because they care what people think about them. Kforce clearly does not.

Interview Questions

• I've been through at least 5 screening interviews with this company. No more than 20 minutes. But it never goes forward because someone else always has a better rate. Or the internal recruiter who owns the job won't respond to my recruiter.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kforce.

Interview

Usual: phone call checking level of desperation and salary range, then email with position details, then another phone call by recruiter, then in-person interview with client. My advice: be reserved, keep distance, do not expose soft spots, and do not be too accommodating regarding start dates and money. Wait to be asked, twice at least. Keep an air of importance, and use run of the mill office phrases without volunteering private information: "will get back to you", "will look into it", "will be considered". I saw later that extremely inflated resumes work with.them. Recruiters are very unskilled and utterly disinterested in any aspect of the position in question except how to sell you (by dropping prices). So, CV pumping works because they are really not capable of discerning. I did not need it, but it worked for others who got much higher rate with.much lesser skills. So much so that I had to share a laugh together despite losing money. Also, them being not.just unskilled, but also very very young, the patronizing passive-aggressive works. Sort of motherly approach. Mixes well with keeping distance. Client was at same wavelength, unskilled to extreme, and it was possible to bluff one's way all the way through if one wanted or needed so. I did not, others did. It is up to you to decide if such environment is worth it. Reading other reviews, seems like frequent occurence. Mostly, looks like the best praise for Kforce is "standard" (whatever that may mean) or "like any other". That tells a lot. As for Kforce, do not let them evade the answers regarding pay and benefits. They will ask you for your range, and hold you to it. You update (means: raise) your range to correspond the rest of their package, once they do come clean about it. Again: stay closed and protected. As for client, absolutely everything they stated in interview was untrue (hours, pay, seniority, their commitment). Be ready for that, because you will have to deal with that on your own later. Your buddies will be there just to collect the percentage, and you'd better not bother them while they count the money.

Interview Questions

• recruiter wanted to know how committed would i be to that job (as if anybody is going to say: oh, I plan to jump the ship next week). They just wanted to see how desperate one is, and how far they can squeeze the person moneywise. Client wanted to know complexity of my past work and the workload levels, as well as pressures exerted.   1 Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kforce (Southfield, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

It was fast and quick, however I was not explained the culture in this environment. Pretty much if there is no role on your project, the PM has to do it. Very misleading

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kforce.

Interview

LONG. Had multiple interviews. Started with initial phone screen. Took a personality test. Then talked to hiring manager. Then had a panel interview. They then had me come into to the office to shadow... Overall, the process was easy. However, Kforce does not and will not share any information on salary prior to making an offer, fyi.

Interview Questions

• Regular questions- asked about aggressive nature. Top qualities. Situation that was stressful- how did you deal?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kforce.

Interview

Two in person interviews after a phone interview. The in person interviews included two to three rounds with management. I did not have to do a sales test, but I hear that now they are needed, even though selling a pen doesn't translate to IT staffing.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kforce (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

There was a brief phone interview, where it was explained to me what they thought I might be doing, the hours involved and that the contract was only for a week but that others who'd gone to that company through them ended up going permanent so it was probably going to be more than a week.

Interview Questions

• Asked me if I was familiar with a certain program, was I okay with the hours. Brief description of what I'd be doing and that was it.   1 Answer

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Kforce (Baton Rouge, LA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process included completing an online application with a follow-up telephone interview. The interviewer asked questions related to the job specifications as noted in the online posting. The telephone interview was brief and relevant to the assigned tasks, travel, and salary. Upon completion of the telephone interview, a job offer was tendered and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Comment on my personal experience as it relates to the job duties as noted in the application.   1 Answer

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kforce (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

Talked by phone with rep at KForce then had a face-to-face interview in the office. Basically the KForce recruiter wanted to better understand my skill set and what work I enjoyed doing to ensure he pitched me to the right clients. I really appreciated the time he took to get to know me.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my skill set like work experiences, software, employment timeline, and resume overview.   Answer Question