Kforce Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015
Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.5

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kforce.

Interview

Two in person interviews after a phone interview. The in person interviews included two to three rounds with management. I did not have to do a sales test, but I hear that now they are needed, even though selling a pen doesn't translate to IT staffing.

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kforce (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

Talked by phone with rep at KForce then had a face-to-face interview in the office. Basically the KForce recruiter wanted to better understand my skill set and what work I enjoyed doing to ensure he pitched me to the right clients. I really appreciated the time he took to get to know me.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my skill set like work experiences, software, employment timeline, and resume overview.   Answer Question

Talent Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kforce (Portland, OR).

Interview

The manager was very emotionless and crass when interviewing me. She seemed very disinterested in my answers, checking her phone every few mintues. I asked about her team which she did not give a straight answer, but sounded rather condescending.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kforce.

Interview

It was pretty straightforward. Personality is the key. Depends on what job you are interviewing for. Managers and coworkers are very nice when they interviewed me. It was one phone interview first with the corporate recruiter. Second round was face to face to meet managers and then last one was in-person interview as well. Met with MVP and couple colleagues.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Clear knowledge on the work area will be helpful. There are usually two to three rounds. One or two by the account manger to understand and match your profile and the job position. If everything works out, he will refer you to the end client and if they sort list your resume, they will call for a client interview. Clear this and you're all set.

Hardware Technician Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kforce (Atlanta, GA) in December 2014.

Interview

Basic interview and references that would lead to face-to-face interview with direct manager at the assigned client call Piedmont Healthcare. I wanted more experience in healthcare I.T.
    The manager saw that I was dedicated to the goal of working with his organization.

Interview Questions

• Had you any health care I.T. experience....   1 Answer

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kforce (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

There was initial interest when I applied for a technical writer position. Several Kforce executives visited my LinkedIn page and a week later I received a call from a recruiter who said she might have a temporary job for me. I asked her to send me more information but I didn't hear from her again for a couple of weeks.

When she called again I reminded her to send the job description. After reading it I indicated by email that I was very interested. I never heard from her again. Draw your own conclusions about doing business with Kforce.

Interview Questions

• So, what have you been doing recently [as a consultant]?   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kforce.

Interview

The internal recruiter reached out to me after viewing my profile on LinkedIn. After that I went in to meet with a Sales Director sand ended up staying there for over an hour. I returned the following week and met with the other directors and they offered me a position at the end of our meeting.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in this industry? It caught me off guard. They're looking for passionate people who care about what they do, not just cashing a paycheck   Answer Question

Negotiation

Read your comp plan and non-compete very closely. Also, understand that everything is subject to change at Kforce's discretion.

Purchasing Expeditor Interview

Interview

Interviewed with Kforce then Grainger then received an offer. Interviewed with Kforce then Grainger then received an offer. Interviewed with Kforce then Grainger then received an offer. Interviewed with Kforce then Grainger then received an offer.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Kforce.

Interview

This was more of a practice interview than anything - I currently work as a recruiter and I wanted to see what was out there.

Scheduled a time for me and an internal recruiter to connect. She had me "launch into my experience," code word for "I don't remember what was on your resume." We talked for a bit, I told her why I wanted to leave my company (decided not to give a cookie-cutter answer) and man did she falter after that.

I couldn't tell if she had already chalked me down as a 'no', wasn't good at selling the company, or what. Her "hot button" questions were not very good, and I lost complete interest in the company. She absentmindedly mentioned that some people there make $200k/yr - you think that's something you'd use in a pitch. BUT she made a point to mention that I would be "fighting" with the low-level recruiters for my job. You think that's something you'd omit.

I spent the last 10-15 minutes listening to her give almost a literal laundry list of the company and the positions, almost certainly reading from a sheet of paper, as she had lost all enthusiasm. At this point I was checking my watch, wondering why she was still talking to me since we had pretty clearly established that we wouldn't want to work with each other.

I guess she didn't want to "let me down" hard, or didn't value her time, as she sent a follow-up email urging me to reach back out to her...after looking at the LinkedIn profiles of the Directors in my area.

As a recruiter, I still don't know how the calls *usually* go, or what she aimed to get out of it, or if I failed or passed. Chalk it up as decent experience I guess, but I wouldn't want to work there if she's any indication of the recruiting caliber at that company.

Interview Questions

• (As a selling point) "What kind of work environment would you like to work in?"   Answer Question