Kforce Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.5

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kforce.

Interview

brought me in at least 7 times to meet with different people. very long process that was all over the place. met with everyone from recruiters to management who ended up getting fired a couple of months after. Tough sell

Talent Qualification Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kforce (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2015.

Interview

Was told it would be a big group interview but some people didn't show up so it ended up being 2 candidates and 5 interviewers. That was very intimidating at first. But after we started talking they were all super friendly and not trying to be scary. The interviewers clearly genuinely love Kforce and their work. They would ask a question and me and the other candidate would go back and forth giving our answers, alternating who answered first. Normally they would also make the candidates do a group activity, but we didn't have to do that since there were only 2 of us. Overall very easy interview, really know your strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• Do you deal well with deadlines? Give an example.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kforce in August 2015.

Interview

Kforce called me by finding my resume online. They asked me to apply for a local position and arranged a meeting with the hiring manager. The interview went well and I quickly received an offer. I requested a day to think about it. The Kforce representative said, I will notified the client you refused the offer and will send other candidates in." I found this very unprofessional and the whole process fell apart. My Kforce representative was high pressure and demanded I disclose information from a non-disclosure agreement. When I refused the job offer was rescinded.

Accounts Payable Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kforce (Cincinnati, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

Very short and I was made to feel very rushed. Was told to email because it was the best way to contact the recruiter for future openings due to the fact nothing was available for me at that time. Followed up a couple of days later via email. Was told nothing available. Continued to follow up every couple days after and no response ever received.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kforce.

Interview

One of the company's recruiters contacted me a day or two after applying and discussed KForce's background and culture. She set me up with an interview to meet with one of the managers at one of the recruiting centers. I met with him and discussed my background in recruiting and he then had two different people come in at separate times to speak with me about working for the company. From what I got from them was that "experience is less valuable than getting along with all the co-workers". I was called for a second interview, spoke with two other recruiters and the manager, basically the same as the last visit. They were just trying to see if I could fit in well with the other recruiters. However, the manager then went over the compensation package discussing the commission structure. The one thing I found amusing was that some of the recruiter's I talked to had less than 1 year of recruiting experience, they seem to only care about you fitting into their workplace. I haven't receive an offer.....yet!

Administrative - External Temporary Contract Assignmentts Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kforce (Baltimore, MD) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview is too brief, doesn't cover your full experience, felt rushed with reviewing full resume and experience. By phone, I was told they were working on a lot of jobs in my field of interest but upon the in person interview it seems notice work was available for what I was looking for.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what type of position you're looking for? What salary range? What other companies have you been a temporary employee? ( this question is mainly for them to get leads for other companies who are known to hire temporary staff so they can solicit to that company) It's interesting how responding to this question gets their pen moving to finally right full notes.   Answer Question

Talent Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kforce (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

First an email from the HR recruiter wanting to schedule an in-person interview. After the interview with the HR recruiter was invited to have a 2nd interview with the Market Vice President. After this interview was invited for a final interview with the Managing Director over Finance and Accounting. All my interviews went well according to feedback from the recruiter and Managing Director. At first the recruiters communication on the process, scheduling interviews and following up after interviews was exceptional. But then after the final interview, the communication almost ceased. I sent a follow up email to the recruiter hours after having the final interview AND left a voicemail a couple days later and it took 4 days to respond when the interviewer had been more timely with communication. After the recruiter did respond I did not hear anything for another 2 days, not even to say if there was a delay or issue in getting in touch with the hiring manager to see if an offer would be made. NO email. NO phone call. NO communication. Even if the hiring manager decided to go in a different direction, that would have been fine. Communication is key so I know what my next move is. However, after being told by the Managing Director during the final interview that I was someone he wanted working for Kforce, i found it strange that there was no follow up after. Ultimately, I accepted an offer at another company.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kforce (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews that were brief, followed by two in-person interviews in their Chicago office. Both phone interviews were with a corporate recruiter who seemed more interested in describing the position to me than my qualifications. The first in-person interview was a bit strange, I met with three different people, one after the other, and the second interview was with the person in charge of the Chicago branch. Everything seemed to be going well and I fully expected an offer, until I was told a lower salary than initially indicated and had an employee tell me that the hours are typically 55-60 per week for this position. I expressed my concerns regarding the hours and salary, and did not hear from the company again.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kforce.

Interview

This is a compilation of bad experiences going on for almost 5 years. (They have a few good recruiters, but they are in general horrible to deal with.) In my experience this is one of the absolute worst staffing firms. I just caught them in yet another lie today. And they've got offices that won't answer their phones at all. (As of today, the Charlotte phone rings 9 times without anyone picking up.) I had one excellent recruiter who hated working for Kforce so much she went back to school full-time to get away from them. They didn't not value her at all from what I could see. My recommendation is to steer clear of this firm. They consistently pay less than other firms like an Indian firm, they are falsely pleasant, then belligerent, and argumentative when you catch them in a lie, and clearly just out for themselves. From my friend on the inside who quit, they are being trained to manipulate and mislead you...and yes, offer ridiculously low rates to try and cheat you. And this certainly matches my experience. You are better off with successful small local firms. I've found that they are alot more honest because they care what people think about them. Kforce clearly does not.

Interview Questions

• I've been through at least 5 screening interviews with this company. No more than 20 minutes. But it never goes forward because someone else always has a better rate. Or the internal recruiter who owns the job won't respond to my recruiter.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kforce.

Interview

Usual: phone call checking level of desperation and salary range, then email with position details, then another phone call by recruiter, then in-person interview with client. My advice: be reserved, keep distance, do not expose soft spots, and do not be too accommodating regarding start dates and money. Wait to be asked, twice at least. Keep an air of importance, and use run of the mill office phrases without volunteering private information: "will get back to you", "will look into it", "will be considered". I saw later that extremely inflated resumes work with.them. Recruiters are very unskilled and utterly disinterested in any aspect of the position in question except how to sell you (by dropping prices). So, CV pumping works because they are really not capable of discerning. I did not need it, but it worked for others who got much higher rate with.much lesser skills. So much so that I had to share a laugh together despite losing money. Also, them being not.just unskilled, but also very very young, the patronizing passive-aggressive works. Sort of motherly approach. Mixes well with keeping distance. Client was at same wavelength, unskilled to extreme, and it was possible to bluff one's way all the way through if one wanted or needed so. I did not, others did. It is up to you to decide if such environment is worth it. Reading other reviews, seems like frequent occurence. Mostly, looks like the best praise for Kforce is "standard" (whatever that may mean) or "like any other". That tells a lot. As for Kforce, do not let them evade the answers regarding pay and benefits. They will ask you for your range, and hold you to it. You update (means: raise) your range to correspond the rest of their package, once they do come clean about it. Again: stay closed and protected. As for client, absolutely everything they stated in interview was untrue (hours, pay, seniority, their commitment). Be ready for that, because you will have to deal with that on your own later. Your buddies will be there just to collect the percentage, and you'd better not bother them while they count the money.

Interview Questions

• recruiter wanted to know how committed would i be to that job (as if anybody is going to say: oh, I plan to jump the ship next week). They just wanted to see how desperate one is, and how far they can squeeze the person moneywise. Client wanted to know complexity of my past work and the workload levels, as well as pressures exerted.   1 Answer