Kforce Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.5

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kforce.

Interview

This is a compilation of bad experiences going on for almost 5 years. (They have a few good recruiters, but they are in general horrible to deal with.) In my experience this is one of the absolute worst staffing firms. I just caught them in yet another lie today. And they've got offices that won't answer their phones at all. (As of today, the Charlotte phone rings 9 times without anyone picking up.) I had one excellent recruiter who hated working for Kforce so much she went back to school full-time to get away from them. They didn't not value her at all from what I could see.

My recommendation is to steer clear of this firm. They consistently pay less than other firms like an Indian firm, they are falsely pleasant, then belligerent, and argumentative when you catch them in a lie, and clearly just out for themselves. From my friend on the inside who quit, they are being trained to manipulate and mislead you...and yes, offer ridiculously low rates to try and cheat you. And this certainly matches my experience. You are better off with successful small local firms. I've found that they are alot more honest because they care what people think about them. Kforce clearly does not.

Interview Questions

• I've been through at least 5 screening interviews with this company. No more than 20 minutes. But it never goes forward because someone else always has a better rate. Or the internal recruiter who owns the job won't respond to my recruiter.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kforce.

Interview

Usual: phone call checking level of desperation and salary range, then email with position details, then another phone call by recruiter, then in-person interview with client.
    My advice: be reserved, keep distance, do not expose soft spots, and do not be too accommodating regarding start dates and money.
    Wait to be asked, twice at least. Keep an air of importance, and use run of the mill office phrases without volunteering private information: "will get back to you", "will look into it", "will be considered".
    I saw later that extremely inflated resumes work with.them.

Recruiters are very unskilled and utterly disinterested in any aspect of the position in question except how to sell you (by dropping prices).

So, CV pumping works because they are really not capable of discerning. I did not need it, but it worked for others who got much higher rate with.much lesser skills. So much so that I had to share a laugh together despite losing money.

Also, them being not.just unskilled, but also very very young, the patronizing passive-aggressive works. Sort of motherly approach. Mixes well with keeping distance.

Client was at same wavelength, unskilled to extreme, and it was possible to bluff one's way all the way through if one wanted or needed so. I did not, others did. It is up to you to decide if such environment is worth it.

Reading other reviews, seems like frequent occurence. Mostly, looks like the best praise for Kforce is "standard" (whatever that may mean) or "like any other". That tells a lot.

As for Kforce, do not let them evade the answers regarding pay and benefits. They will ask you for your range, and hold you to it. You update (means: raise) your range to correspond the rest of their package, once they do come clean about it. Again: stay closed and protected.

As for client, absolutely everything they stated in interview was untrue (hours, pay, seniority, their commitment). Be ready for that, because you will have to deal with that on your own later. Your buddies will be there just to collect the percentage, and you'd better not bother them while they count the money.

Interview Questions

• recruiter wanted to know how committed would i be to that job (as if anybody is going to say: oh, I plan to jump the ship next week). They just wanted to see how desperate one is, and how far they can squeeze the person moneywise.
      Client wanted to know complexity of my past work and the workload levels, as well as pressures exerted.

1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kforce.

Interview

LONG. Had multiple interviews. Started with initial phone screen. Took a personality test. Then talked to hiring manager. Then had a panel interview. They then had me come into to the office to shadow... Overall, the process was easy. However, Kforce does not and will not share any information on salary prior to making an offer, fyi.

Interview Questions

• Regular questions- asked about aggressive nature. Top qualities. Situation that was stressful- how did you deal?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kforce.

Interview

Two in person interviews after a phone interview. The in person interviews included two to three rounds with management. I did not have to do a sales test, but I hear that now they are needed, even though selling a pen doesn't translate to IT staffing.

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kforce (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

Talked by phone with rep at KForce then had a face-to-face interview in the office. Basically the KForce recruiter wanted to better understand my skill set and what work I enjoyed doing to ensure he pitched me to the right clients. I really appreciated the time he took to get to know me.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my skill set like work experiences, software, employment timeline, and resume overview.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kforce (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

There was a brief phone interview, where it was explained to me what they thought I might be doing, the hours involved and that the contract was only for a week but that others who'd gone to that company through them ended up going permanent so it was probably going to be more than a week.

Interview Questions

• Asked me if I was familiar with a certain program, was I okay with the hours. Brief description of what I'd be doing and that was it.   1 Answer

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Kforce (Baton Rouge, LA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process included completing an online application with a follow-up telephone interview. The interviewer asked questions related to the job specifications as noted in the online posting. The telephone interview was brief and relevant to the assigned tasks, travel, and salary. Upon completion of the telephone interview, a job offer was tendered and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Comment on my personal experience as it relates to the job duties as noted in the application.   1 Answer

Talent Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Kforce (Portland, OR).

Interview

The manager was very emotionless and crass when interviewing me. She seemed very disinterested in my answers, checking her phone every few mintues. I asked about her team which she did not give a straight answer, but sounded rather condescending.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kforce.

Interview

It was pretty straightforward. Personality is the key. Depends on what job you are interviewing for. Managers and coworkers are very nice when they interviewed me. It was one phone interview first with the corporate recruiter. Second round was face to face to meet managers and then last one was in-person interview as well. Met with MVP and couple colleagues.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kforce in March 2015.

Interview

The interviewers tended toward adversarial vs. conversational. Not a lot of time to interview them. Seemed to be in a rush when I started asking questions. Very focused on Metrics and scheduling- not a lot of soft skill discussion which is an important part of the recruiting game. Met with 3 people and they didn't seem very skilled in interviewing.

Not a good fit