Kforce Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

2.5

Purchasing Expeditor Interview

Interviewed with Kforce then Grainger then received an offer. Interviewed with Kforce then Grainger then received an offer. Interviewed with Kforce then Grainger then received an offer. Interviewed with Kforce then Grainger then received an offer.

Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Kforce.

This was more of a practice interview than anything - I currently work as a recruiter and I wanted to see what was out there.

Scheduled a time for me and an internal recruiter to connect. She had me "launch into my experience," code word for "I don't remember what was on your resume." We talked for a bit, I told her why I wanted to leave my company (decided not to give a cookie-cutter answer) and man did she falter after that.

I couldn't tell if she had already chalked me down as a 'no', wasn't good at selling the company, or what. Her "hot button" questions were not very good, and I lost complete interest in the company. She absentmindedly mentioned that some people there make $200k/yr - you think that's something you'd use in a pitch. BUT she made a point to mention that I would be "fighting" with the low-level recruiters for my job. You think that's something you'd omit.

I spent the last 10-15 minutes listening to her give almost a literal laundry list of the company and the positions, almost certainly reading from a sheet of paper, as she had lost all enthusiasm. At this point I was checking my watch, wondering why she was still talking to me since we had pretty clearly established that we wouldn't want to work with each other.

I guess she didn't want to "let me down" hard, or didn't value her time, as she sent a follow-up email urging me to reach back out to her...after looking at the LinkedIn profiles of the Directors in my area.

As a recruiter, I still don't know how the calls *usually* go, or what she aimed to get out of it, or if I failed or passed. Chalk it up as decent experience I guess, but I wouldn't want to work there if she's any indication of the recruiting caliber at that company.

Interview Questions
    • (As a selling point) "What kind of work environment would you like to work in?"   Answer Question

Accounts Payable Or Data Entry Positions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Kforce in June 2014.

the recruiter on the phone was very enthusiastic and easy to talk with, the interviewer was off putting, dismissive and had not reviewed any of my tests or applications
    absolutely no follow up - no calls or emails, no job interviews
    a waste of my time and energy

Interview Questions
    • no difficult questions, I answered all, but she seemed to want to be somewhere else.   Answer Question

"Put A Face With the Name" Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Kforce in July 2014.

This turns out to be a fishing exercise. They told me after I went into their office that the ad they posted on their website was, in their words, a "dummy post." I am to continue to apply to their on line posts. They specifically asked that I email them, noting their seven digit posting code, and NOT to apply through their website.

Interview Questions
    • I asked them if they had any assignments for me.   View Answer

Talent Qualification Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Kforce.

The phone interview was great. Felt like I connected with the interviewer. Based on my qualifications doing commission-based recruiting and retail/managerial experience in dealing with employees, I felt that I was a good fit on paper. But when I met with the interviewer, I should have taken certain things into consideration such as myself being the last interviewee and certain things in my background that did not impress him, but only stirred up more questions. He asked me a tricky question when really, it was a question within a question that could have been phrased differently in which I thought I answered correctly. Coming from a generalist recruiting role into a sourcing position that pays less than my last fulltime job seems with literally--all the interest in the world to learn and be molded into the kforce success culture was not good enough for this individual. Felt as if I was under the microscope only to be criticized, but honesty seemed to open myself up that day.

Kaiser Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Kforce.

Kforce called me and conducted a phone interview. They then followed up with a email with the job description. I am still In the interview process but have run out of time to submit a review.

Interview Questions
    • What sets you apart from other applicants.

I am still in the process of interviewing.
        View Answer

Talent Qualification Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Kforce in March 2014.

-An assessment test that is basically a personality test -very common sense, answer how your boss would want you to. If you don't pass it, which is hard not to, you probably won't get an interview
    -In-person interview with at least two rounds with two talent representatives/managers/director asking you questions such as:
    -What motivates you?
    -Why Kforce?
    -What do you know about Kforce?
    -What makes you a good candidate here?
    -Tell us about yourself: Where are you from, your background, where did you go to school, what other things have you done, what are your interests?
    -What have you accomplished the most in life?
    I was prepped by my recruiter the night before and wasn't nervous. You just have to own the conversation. Be confident.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest fear?
      If you could start your own business or company, what would you do?
        View Answer

Designer (Contract Position) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kforce.

I found out about the position through a local design chapter and submitted my resume directly to the hiring manager. Within 4 days I had my initial phone interview.
    My in-person panel interview was 10 days later. Prior to the interview, I was sent the names and titles of the managers and team members I would be meeting with. This allowed me time to research each person. The entire interview took a little over 2 hours. The hiring manager spent the initial 30 minutes interviewing me, then I met with 5 members in the department individually for 15 minutes each for a question and answer session. At the end of the sessions the hiring manager came back and answered any additional questions I had. It was a very structured process and it gave me an excellent idea of the people I could be working with on a day-to-day basis. The biggest consideration besides skills, was finding the right candidate that would fit in well with the marketing team.
    I was offered the position 2 days later.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary, the typical questions such as: Describe your work style and process? Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult person at work.   Answer Question
    The contract position had a non-negotiated hourly rate.

Director Interview

Interviewed with Senior Recruiter, Market VP, and Field President locally and with National Recruiting Leadership in Tampa, FL. The entire process was 3 weeks from initial contact to offer.

Interview Questions
    • Questions focused around my ability to build sustainable relationships and entrepreneur approach to business development: Tell me about a time when you had to build a new program from the ground up. What where the challenges and results?   Answer Question

EPIC Super User/Data Transfer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Corvallis, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corvallis, OR

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Kforce in December 2013.

Good experience, good company to work for. The interview was on the phone with a recruiter. Found a couple weeks later they were interested. Had to pass a drug test and get immunizations up to date so it took a month before the contract started.

Interview Questions

Worked for Kforce? Contribute to the Community!