Kforce Recruiter Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2014

1.9

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Kforce.

This was more of a practice interview than anything - I currently work as a recruiter and I wanted to see what was out there.

Scheduled a time for me and an internal recruiter to connect. She had me "launch into my experience," code word for "I don't remember what was on your resume." We talked for a bit, I told her why I wanted to leave my company (decided not to give a cookie-cutter answer) and man did she falter after that.

I couldn't tell if she had already chalked me down as a 'no', wasn't good at selling the company, or what. Her "hot button" questions were not very good, and I lost complete interest in the company. She absentmindedly mentioned that some people there make $200k/yr - you think that's something you'd use in a pitch. BUT she made a point to mention that I would be "fighting" with the low-level recruiters for my job. You think that's something you'd omit.

I spent the last 10-15 minutes listening to her give almost a literal laundry list of the company and the positions, almost certainly reading from a sheet of paper, as she had lost all enthusiasm. At this point I was checking my watch, wondering why she was still talking to me since we had pretty clearly established that we wouldn't want to work with each other.

I guess she didn't want to "let me down" hard, or didn't value her time, as she sent a follow-up email urging me to reach back out to her...after looking at the LinkedIn profiles of the Directors in my area.

As a recruiter, I still don't know how the calls *usually* go, or what she aimed to get out of it, or if I failed or passed. Chalk it up as decent experience I guess, but I wouldn't want to work there if she's any indication of the recruiting caliber at that company.

Interview Questions
  • (As a selling point) "What kind of work environment would you like to work in?"   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kforce

Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kforce.

I went in as a client but got called for an interview for a permanent recruiting position. The initial interview was very laid-back. It was more of an informational session to gauge if you are interested or not.

Interview Questions
    • What would you expect to be your least favorite thing about the job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kforce in October 2012.

Phone screen with HR (typical HR screen. The gal didn't know much about the job but seemed to be asking more personality and salary questions) then in person with the manager of the office. Nice guy but sounds like your typical burn and churn recruiting company. I've interviewed with several in the area and they all seem to be the same. a 12 hour work day is not enticing to me. Also doesn't seem as though they have a solid training program but I could be wrong.

Interview Questions
    • Very general questions. How do you deal with adversity? What is a challenge in your last job you had to overcome? Are you comfortable working more than 40 hours?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Addison, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kforce.

I first had a phone screen, then an online test, and lastly 3 seperate interviews that were very unecessary. The people who interviewed me lied straight to my face. I was hired on the spot during my 3rd interview. There was one hitch regarding scheduling, but asides from that, it was fairly straight forward.

Interview Questions
    • "What seperates Kforce from the rest?"   View Answer
    Made during the last interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Kforce in February 2012.

I had one phone interview with a candidate generation specialist. It was focused on my resume. I had a second onsite interview with three employees from the company including a vice president. The entire interview process was very efficient and and the company culture very warm and inviting. I found out about the offer the day after I interviewed

Interview Questions
    • Explain which prior job/ experience prepared you for this position the best?
      Describe a challenging situation in a prior job?
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Kforce in May 2012.

It seemed easy but I couldn't tell what they were looking for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Kforce in April 2012.

Company called, asked me to come in, I came in, interviewed for an hour and half, they offered me position.

I declined first offer and they came back with better vacation and $2/hour higher

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Kforce in February 2012.

KForce has got to be the most unprofessional company I have ever interviewed for. Out of all the technical consulting firms, they seem to pay the lowest and are not on top of their game. The recruiter who reached out to me was 100% incompetent, she did not know how to conduct herself on the phone and did not give me any details about the job. In middle of the conversation, she accidentally hung up and I had to call her back. She seemed to have "forgotten" that she was briefing me about the job and just set me up for an interview with two managers. I arrived to the interview the following week and she did not greet me when I got there. She also never sent me any emails confirming the meeting. I was led to a conference room by a receptionist where I waited for half an hour and then was greeted by a very sloppy man who did not even have a business card. He briefed me about the job and then conducted the most unprofessional, messy, interview of all time. He did not retain any info. I told him and seemed to not care that he was conducting an interview. He talked about himself more than anything and explained that it was a high stress job. Judging from their quiet floor and the fact that he wasn't even wearing a tie, I would disagree. He then went to look for the other manager, who I bet was still asleep at home because he was no where to be found. Good job, KForce, way to be prepared. When I left, I still did not meet the incompetent internal recruiter, nor did I get a business card from the manager. Needless to say, it was a waste of my time and I never followed up. Neither did they. I would stay away from this company if I were you and look into Robert Half International, I had a much better experience there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at Kforce in July 2009.

A corporate recruiter called me for a recruiter position serving their clients. She asked me a few questions about my experience, talked about the job and then told me it was an entry level position. I aksed her what about the position made it entry and she replied the salary (40K - 45K base) made it entry level. I said if the bonus potential made it worthwhile I might be interested. She then said she would pass on my resume to the hiring manager. I never heard back.

Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Kforce in October 2012.

Had one interview with the Director and then and additional interview with the team members in the department I would be working. Overall the interview was nothing out of the normal. Basic questions about getting to know you and getting to know them. Focused on what I could bring to Kforce along with work ethic.

Interview Questions
    Offer came in at the salary I was looking for. Did not negotiate for anything higher

Worked for Kforce? Contribute to the Community!