Kforce Recruiter Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.3

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kforce.

Interview

Two in person interviews after a phone interview. The in person interviews included two to three rounds with management. I did not have to do a sales test, but I hear that now they are needed, even though selling a pen doesn't translate to IT staffing.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kforce

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kforce in March 2015.

Interview

The interviewers tended toward adversarial vs. conversational. Not a lot of time to interview them. Seemed to be in a rush when I started asking questions. Very focused on Metrics and scheduling- not a lot of soft skill discussion which is an important part of the recruiting game. Met with 3 people and they didn't seem very skilled in interviewing.

Not a good fit

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kforce.

Interview

This was more of a practice interview than anything - I currently work as a recruiter and I wanted to see what was out there. Scheduled a time for me and an internal recruiter to connect. She had me "launch into my experience," code word for "I don't remember what was on your resume." We talked for a bit, I told her why I wanted to leave my company (decided not to give a cookie-cutter answer) and man did she falter after that. I couldn't tell if she had already chalked me down as a 'no', wasn't good at selling the company, or what. Her "hot button" questions were not very good, and I lost complete interest in the company. She absentmindedly mentioned that some people there make $200k/yr - you think that's something you'd use in a pitch. BUT she made a point to mention that I would be "fighting" with the low-level recruiters for my job. You think that's something you'd omit. I spent the last 10-15 minutes listening to her give almost a literal laundry list of the company and the positions, almost certainly reading from a sheet of paper, as she had lost all enthusiasm. At this point I was checking my watch, wondering why she was still talking to me since we had pretty clearly established that we wouldn't want to work with each other. I guess she didn't want to "let me down" hard, or didn't value her time, as she sent a follow-up email urging me to reach back out to her...after looking at the LinkedIn profiles of the Directors in my area. As a recruiter, I still don't know how the calls *usually* go, or what she aimed to get out of it, or if I failed or passed. Chalk it up as decent experience I guess, but I wouldn't want to work there if she's any indication of the recruiting caliber at that company.

Interview Questions

• (As a selling point) "What kind of work environment would you like to work in?"   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kforce.

Interview

I went in as a client but got called for an interview for a permanent recruiting position. The initial interview was very laid-back. It was more of an informational session to gauge if you are interested or not.

Interview Questions

• What would you expect to be your least favorite thing about the job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kforce (San Diego, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

First a recruiter will contact you and find out about your interest level , commute, general and basic information then they will forward your resume to the concerned manager. Then it is generally a phone interview or in-person interview followed by meeting the team/panel interviews and/or additional interviews if required.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about previous experience with recruitment, clients worked with, general questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kforce (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

I first met with two managers, I guess to see if I knew what I was talking about - there was a role play. Then I met with VP for 15 minutes

Interview Questions

• Why I like recruiting, how I would handle certain situations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kforce (Addison, TX).

Interview

I first had a phone screen, then an online test, and lastly 3 seperate interviews that were very unecessary. The people who interviewed me lied straight to my face. I was hired on the spot during my 3rd interview. There was one hitch regarding scheduling, but asides from that, it was fairly straight forward.

Interview Questions

• "What seperates Kforce from the rest?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Made during the last interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kforce (Stamford, CT) in October 2012.

Interview

Phone screen with HR (typical HR screen. The gal didn't know much about the job but seemed to be asking more personality and salary questions) then in person with the manager of the office. Nice guy but sounds like your typical burn and churn recruiting company. I've interviewed with several in the area and they all seem to be the same. a 12 hour work day is not enticing to me. Also doesn't seem as though they have a solid training program but I could be wrong.

Interview Questions

• Very general questions. How do you deal with adversity? What is a challenge in your last job you had to overcome? Are you comfortable working more than 40 hours?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kforce (Tampa, FL) in May 2012.

Interview

It seemed easy but I couldn't tell what they were looking for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kforce (Tampa, FL) in April 2012.

Interview

Company called, asked me to come in, I came in, interviewed for an hour and half, they offered me position.

Negotiation

I declined first offer and they came back with better vacation and $2/hour higher