Kidango Associate Teacher Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Associate Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kidango in October 2009.

I applied online and was called for an interview a few weeks later. I first met with a man who was nice and asked questions about my background. Another woman came into the room and joined the interview. She was pretty rude, basically said regardless of the fact I have a bachelor of arts and an additional 30 ECE units and am a fully qualified teacher and eligible for a master teacher permit, I lacked experience. She was rude, seemed annoyed I was there and proceeded to tell me since I little experience she could offer me an on-call teachers aide position that pays $8.90 (I was getting paid ($14 at another child care company).

Interview Questions
  • I was only asked questions about my educational background and previous work experience.   Answer Question

The interviewer offered me a lower paying, on call position well beneath my educational level and skill set. I am now not surprised, since Kidango was my college's lab school. I have run into a few teachers from the lab school who left the school because their pay was cut. They also complained that the company hires in people with the state minimum units so they don't have to pay them as much.