Kidango

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Teacher Interview

Associate Teacher
Fremont, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kidango in October 2009.

Interview Details – I applied online and was called for an interview a few weeks later. I first met with a man who was nice and asked questions about my background. Another woman came into the room and joined the interview. She was pretty rude, basically said regardless of the fact I have a bachelor of arts and an additional 30 ECE units and am a fully qualified teacher and eligible for a master teacher permit, I lacked experience. She was rude, seemed annoyed I was there and proceeded to tell me since I little experience she could offer me an on-call teachers aide position that pays $8.90 (I was getting paid ($14 at another child care company).

Interview Question – I was only asked questions about my educational background and previous work experience.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The interviewer offered me a lower paying, on call position well beneath my educational level and skill set. I am now not surprised, since Kidango was my college's lab school. I have run into a few teachers from the lab school who left the school because their pay was cut. They also complained that the company hires in people with the state minimum units so they don't have to pay them as much.

Very Easy Interview

Teacher's Aide Interview

Teacher's Aide

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Kidango.

Interview Details – Most communication was done via phone. When I went in for the first interview it was with two people (just in case one didn't cover an area or question, I suppose). The second interview was a one on one sit down interview. Both were very formal as well as polite.

Interview Questions

Associate Interview

Associate

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kidango.

Interview Details – Went through a phone screening, two in-person interviews with various directors and HR team, and an interview with the Executive Director.

Interview Question – First question: List 3 core work values that you uphold the most. Follow-up question: Provide scenarios that illustrate those work values.   Answer Question

Worked for Kidango? Contribute to the Community!