Kiddie Academy Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2015

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kiddie Academy

Teacher Interview

Interview

I was called in for an interview and was hired 2 days later. The process was simple and your overall basic childcare interview. I was asked questions about my educational background and work experience. I was asked about my philosophy of education, classroom layouts, and teaching techniques.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle discipline in the classroom? How do you adjust your lessons, classroom layout, and routines for special needs children.   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kiddie Academy (New York, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

Directors were very nice and asked basic questions like my experience, reason wanting to work there, educational background and etc. they also asked how I planned or set the curriculum.

Lead Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kiddie Academy.

Interview

I applied to a brand new facility not yet opened, so I had to go to another location to interview. I drove 40 minutes to get there, arrived 10 minutes early, waited for 25 minutes, only to have the interview last 5 minutes!! They didn't ask me anything about myself as a teacher. She asked why I left my last job, what I'm looking for in my search, and how much I wanted to get paid. That's IT. I left the interview knowing I could never work there. I'd say this is a step below KinderCare.

Interview Questions

• NONE. She asked me ZERO questions about my teaching techniques or personality or anything about me.   Answer Question

Didn't get what I wanted

Head Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kiddie Academy.

Interview

- Applied at brand new facility, not opened yet - Sent my application information through their online form - Received call to set up face-to-face interview over a month later - Went to interview (was asked standard interview questions, lots of open-ended, plenty of chances to sell myself with lots of preparation before interview) - Received call with job offer three weeks later (they are not on a strict timeline since they are not opened yet)

Interview Questions

• What kinds of activities would you plan for a two month old?   1 Answer

Negotiation

- Was offered a "per-hour" salary - No negotiation was desired on my part, but I don't think there would have been a lot of wiggle room

Lead Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crystal Lake, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kiddie Academy (Crystal Lake, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

Filled out an application online from the center's website. Didn't hear anything from them until over a month later (center wasn't even open yet, though). Had interview within a week. Was pretty normal interview; asked about experience, how I deal with children misbehaving, what makes for a positive classroom atmosphere, etc. Got a call with job offer within a week and a half after the interview. Delays in construction and DCFS requirements caused the job to start two months later.

Interview Questions

• Can't remember there being any difficult or unexpected questions...it was a pretty standard interview that went well.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Hourly pay was non-negotiable. It was "take it or leave it".

Preschool Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewis Center, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kiddie Academy (Lewis Center, OH) in August 2010.

Interview

A few emails and over the phone conversations. 2 face to face interviews. The interviews were disrupted, since there was only the director.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. It was take it or leave it.

Teacher Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kiddie Academy in August 2011.

Interview

I filled out an applicatiion and discussed my experience in childcare.

Interview Questions

• What would you like to get paid?   1 Answer