Kiddie Academy

Relevance Date Difficulty

Lead Teacher Interview

Lead Teacher
Crystal Lake, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Kiddie Academy in February 2013.

Interview Details – Filled out an application online from the center's website. Didn't hear anything from them until over a month later (center wasn't even open yet, though). Had interview within a week. Was pretty normal interview; asked about experience, how I deal with children misbehaving, what makes for a positive classroom atmosphere, etc. Got a call with job offer within a week and a half after the interview. Delays in construction and DCFS requirements caused the job to start two months later.

Interview Question – Can't remember there being any difficult or unexpected questions...it was a pretty standard interview that went well.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Hourly pay was non-negotiable. It was "take it or leave it".

Lead Teacher Interview

Lead Teacher

I applied online and interviewed at Kiddie Academy.

Interview Details – I applied to a brand new facility not yet opened, so I had to go to another location to interview.
I drove 40 minutes to get there, arrived 10 minutes early, waited for 25 minutes, only to have the interview last 5 minutes!!
They didn't ask me anything about myself as a teacher. She asked why I left my last job, what I'm looking for in my search, and how much I wanted to get paid. That's IT.
I left the interview knowing I could never work there. I'd say this is a step below KinderCare.

Interview Question – NONE. She asked me ZERO questions about my teaching techniques or personality or anything about me.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Didn't get what I wanted

Head Teacher Interview

Head Teacher

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Kiddie Academy.

Interview Details – - Applied at brand new facility, not opened yet
- Sent my application information through their online form
- Received call to set up face-to-face interview over a month later
- Went to interview (was asked standard interview questions, lots of open-ended, plenty of chances to sell myself with lots of preparation before interview)
- Received call with job offer three weeks later (they are not on a strict timeline since they are not opened yet)

Interview Question – What kinds of activities would you plan for a two month old?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – - Was offered a "per-hour" salary
- No negotiation was desired on my part, but I don't think there would have been a lot of wiggle room

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Preschool Teacher Interview

Preschool Teacher
Lewis Center, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kiddie Academy in August 2010.

Interview Details – A few emails and over the phone conversations. 2 face to face interviews. The interviews were disrupted, since there was only the director.

Interview Question – What are your failures in life.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. It was take it or leave it.

Teacher Assistant Interview

Teacher Assistant

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kiddie Academy in August 2011.

Interview Details – I filled out an applicatiion and discussed my experience in childcare.

Interview Question – What would you like to get paid?   View Answer

Worked for Kiddie Academy? Contribute to the Community!