Kiddie Academy

Kiddie Academy Interview Questions

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kiddie Academy

Lead Teacher Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kiddie Academy.

I applied to a brand new facility not yet opened, so I had to go to another location to interview.
    I drove 40 minutes to get there, arrived 10 minutes early, waited for 25 minutes, only to have the interview last 5 minutes!!
    They didn't ask me anything about myself as a teacher. She asked why I left my last job, what I'm looking for in my search, and how much I wanted to get paid. That's IT.
    I left the interview knowing I could never work there. I'd say this is a step below KinderCare.

Interview Questions
    • NONE. She asked me ZERO questions about my teaching techniques or personality or anything about me.   Answer Question

Didn't get what I wanted

Head Teacher Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kiddie Academy.

- Applied at brand new facility, not opened yet
    - Sent my application information through their online form
    - Received call to set up face-to-face interview over a month later
    - Went to interview (was asked standard interview questions, lots of open-ended, plenty of chances to sell myself with lots of preparation before interview)
    - Received call with job offer three weeks later (they are not on a strict timeline since they are not opened yet)

Interview Questions
    • What kinds of activities would you plan for a two month old?   View Answer
    - Was offered a "per-hour" salary
    - No negotiation was desired on my part, but I don't think there would have been a lot of wiggle room

Lead Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crystal Lake, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crystal Lake, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kiddie Academy in February 2013.

Filled out an application online from the center's website. Didn't hear anything from them until over a month later (center wasn't even open yet, though). Had interview within a week. Was pretty normal interview; asked about experience, how I deal with children misbehaving, what makes for a positive classroom atmosphere, etc. Got a call with job offer within a week and a half after the interview. Delays in construction and DCFS requirements caused the job to start two months later.

Interview Questions
    • Can't remember there being any difficult or unexpected questions...it was a pretty standard interview that went well.   Answer Question
    Hourly pay was non-negotiable. It was "take it or leave it".

Preschool Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewis Center, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewis Center, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kiddie Academy in August 2010.

A few emails and over the phone conversations. 2 face to face interviews. The interviews were disrupted, since there was only the director.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. It was take it or leave it.

Teacher Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kiddie Academy in August 2011.

I filled out an applicatiion and discussed my experience in childcare.