Kiddie Kandids

Relevance Date Difficulty

Studio Manager Interview

Studio Manager
Alpharetta, GA

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Kiddie Kandids.

Interview Details – I applied for the position from a job ad online. I was called in for an interview the following week and met with a studio manager from another city and the district manager. I was hired the following day and began work at the end of that week.

Interview Question – All questions were expected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. They offered me the position and pay and I accepted.

Cerritos, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Kiddie Kandids in May 2012.

Interview Details – I submitted an online application and within a week I got a call scheduling an interview. The interview itself was pretty bad. The manager looked exhausted and she spent the whole time telling me how she has to hire two new associates before she quits. I had no professional work experience however she liked that I was involved in school. She told me I had the job and to come back in two days to fill out some paperwork. The "interview" was only five minutes and I didn't even get a chance to say anything other than "Hello" and "Thank you!"

Negotiation Details – It was pretty easy I came in and filled out some paperwork and then started paid training the next day.

Torrance, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kiddie Kandids in September 2011.

Interview Details – well they were very late giving the interview i showed up early they hid in the back until they decided to come out 30 minutes after the scedualled interview time during the interview i was met with a wannabe getto trash gangster girl and a woman who was still dreaming of becomeing a disney princess who proceded to call every one princess includeing the adults rangeing from 25 to about 35. i was asked no questions about my experiance with children or photography but ask what book i read last and what my favorite movie was. after the very embarresing group interview i was instructed to pose the gangster girl and take her photo

Interview Question – what was my favorite movie and what book i read last what does that have anything to do with takeing pictures or working with children   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they just wrote down what i would be getting witch was minimum wadge witch is so not worth the trouble of the job and told me when my first day would be

Portrait Photographer Interview

Portrait Photographer
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Kiddie Kandids in September 2012.

Interview Details – I had to drive an hour away to a sears portrait studio that was very tricky to find underground. Three ladies were interviewing, one was the DM, another was a manager for the store I wanted to work at in my home town. she introduced herself and was apprehensive about interviewing me herself while the DM was busy so she took me to the studio to have me pretend she was a child and I was photographing her. She did the” fencing” motions first then had me do them despite me telling her twice I'm in heels and its going to be tricky. She didn't care, she just wanted to see me act as goofy as possible and make childish noises to her with stuffed animals. It was pretty embarrassing bc she was a middle aged janis joplin kind of woman acting 2 years old. I really wanted a job so I gave her whatever she wanted. Then she gave me the interview. I told her I quit my last job bc I wasn't getting enough hours and she told me I would only be getting ten to twenty a week! I thought my chances were gone there but I got called back for another interview in my home town. She also had me study the price packages and try to sell her on the most expensive she would be willing to pay. She told me if I don't get called that week then I'll get called within a month for seasonal. Tip is to be really personable and mature about getting such a crappy job. (must meet quotas with NO commission)

Interview Question – Have you worked with kids   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Ten to twenty hours a week, must meet sales quotas without getting commission, all about sales, more than customers or employees

Glendale, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Kiddie Kandids in October 2011.

Interview Details – i went to the interview, the lady was in sweats, i was dressed up, she acted like she didnt care to be there, she complained about the company the whole time, she didnt make me want the job, but im a college student and all i wanted was an easy weekend job and since this was all i could find short notice i accepted the offer she made right there. they needed someone so bad is what she kept telling me. so dumb.

Interview Question – there were none   View Answer

West Palm Beach, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kiddie Kandids in April 2011.

Interview Details – Had to take a math skills test before even being considered for the job. Then the store manager calls me up and set up an interview for that day. The district manager had taken time off for a couple of days and would not accept calls from anyone so I had to wait for him to get back before confirming I could work for him. Then I came in for 2 days of training which only consisted of reading things off of a computer. They do not do actual picture taking those days. Then on the 3rd day the store manager just leaves for a while and expects you do be able to take professional pictures. Not the easiest thing to do when you don't know how to use everything or no where all the buttons are on the camera.

Interview Question – What would you do if a screaming child is in here and the mother is smacking him to be quiet?   View Answer

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Kiddie Kandids.

Interview Details – They called me, I interviewed with the district manager. Got a call the next day got the job.

Interview Question – Show me how you would make a three year old laugh.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kiddie Kandids in June 2012.

Interview Details – My interview was at 1pm, and I showed up at 12:50. I walked in and she told me to sit and wait and it would only be 15 minutes. 45 minutes later, she finally interviews me. Where does she interview me? On the place where the kids sit to get there pictures taken. She sat pretzal style like sitting on the floor. She couldn't really think of any questions to ask me, but she said she liked me. The interview lasted 10 minutes and we were done.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you have a screaming 2 year old?   View Answer
  • Can you be loud?   View Answer
  • We have to sell things and EACH person has to meet a quota for selling packages and pictures. Can you do that?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – What she said made me not want the job.

Photographer

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Kiddie Kandids in January 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, then about a few days later, the manager called me and did a phone interview, and later asked me to come in for a one on one. When I came in, there were only 2 workers there and had alot of appointments backed up; the whole situation just looked stressful. Therefore, the manager was a half hour late (since they were behind of course) with the interview. The manager asked me questions, which were easy, but it seems they were looking for people more interested in sales and making money rather than in photography at all. Manager said they would call me in a week or so. Three weeks later, I called them and asked if they were still reviewing applications or if I was even still being considered. The person said they had just been busy for a few weeks but that they would call. Never did.

Interview Question – Do you have any sales/retail experience?   Answer Question

Studio Manager Interview

Studio Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kiddie Kandids in October 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online; got a response in less than 24 hrs. Was asked to come in the same day for an interview. Spoke with a recently hired DM. He asked standard retail questions, nothing special. I didn't have any professional photography experience but I brought some photos I had taken that I thought came out nice. He seemed to like that a lot. Did a telephone interview with a Regional Manager a few days later. I was hired the next day pending a background check which took about a week

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my methods for retaining staff and what % of my staff at my current position were employees hired before I took over.   Answer Question
  • They ask if you're comfortable approaching strangers and making warm calls to recruit customers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate because I thought the base they offered was fair but I was misled about commission percentages which is the main reason I accepted the position. BEWARE! You Will Not Make What They Say You Will!

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kiddie Kandids

Worked for Kiddie Kandids? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kiddie Kandids interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Kiddie Kandids employees and interview candidates.