KidsPeace Interview Questions

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at KidsPeace

Mental Health Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KidsPeace (Allentown, PA).

Interview

Applied online and waited 3 weeks for response, staffing recruiters set up interview. Easy process, very rehearsed, they've done it a million times. Called back relatively quickly, you must pass background checks & drug test, before you do the group orientation. After the orientation, you are scheduled for a week of 8 hr/day training. The job is glorified during this time and you are told you will make a difference in the lives of children.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Portland, ME

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at KidsPeace (South Portland, ME).

Interview

Very thorough. In person interviews, reference checks, CORI and background screens, education verification. All necessary for this kind of work. It was done quickly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

This was a per diem position with a reasonable billable hour rate. Non-billable rate was very low.

Clinician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at KidsPeace (Carrollton, GA) in March 2011.

Interview

Initial interview with hiring manager followed by a group interview involving other clinicians on the team.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle balancing your personal life from your work life.   Answer Question

Negotiation

very little negotiation on salary due to corporate compensation requirements

Mental Health Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orefield, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at KidsPeace (Orefield, PA) in January 2011.

Interview

I knew a current employee at the time which sped up the process. I have heard of other people having a difficult time with contact after their application was submitted though. There were not too many questions and there is typically a tour afterwards. I had minimal experience working with children of this nature. The interview process was relaxing however I believe they have drastically changed their ways considering some of the newer staff that they have brought in (appearance/knowledge/work ethic). They also have resorted to an external hiring company which is so-so. It is very easy to get a job here but being good at the job is entirely different. Some education is necessary but having life experience is definitely key.

Interview Questions

• None that I can remember. I would recommend asking the interviewer to be honest with you in regards to what you may experience or see on a daily basis. Or ask a staff once shadowing.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not try to negotiate as it was my first job out of college. The offer seemed acceptable at the time however it is questionable now whether or not it is worth it for the amount of work that is required.

Unit Staff Interview

Interview

does not matter