Kiehl's

Updated Oct 29, 2014

2.5

Manager In Corporate Office Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kiehl's.

Was contacted by someone in HR, short phone interview. Then brought in to meet two people, one who I would be reporting to directly. When I went for my in-person interview the person who was interviewing me was over 30 minutes late. Once the interview started I wished she had just never shown up. She was outright rude and nasty to me, so much so that I declined right then and there to continue with the interview process. Obviously had a chip on her shoulder about something. What I thought was even stranger though was that no one from HR ever contacted me to see why I left the interview.

Be very wary going to interview at Corporate. What kind of culture makes an employee feel that she can treat people that come in to interview badly? I have never experienced anything like this before.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me about confidential information about my old company.   Answer Question

Floor Supervisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kiehl's.

I applied online and got a phone call a few days later. I arrived early for the interview with the manager. The interview was 1 1/2 hours long which was the perfect amount of time. We seemed to hit it off very well. We talked about the position and expectations. I asked about advancement potential and she said I was an excellent candidate and could take her position as she was leaving in the next few months. This would over step the existing ASM because she was new and not ready for that position. I was told she would set up the second interview with her DM in the next few days. I thanked her for her time and consideration and left feeling very excited and confident. Later that day I sent her an Email again thanking her and expressing my interest in meeting her DM. Days went by and I sent a second Email. It's now been 2 months and I never heard back from anyone. This was very disappointing and unprofessional.

KCR (Kiehl's Customer Representative) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanford, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanford, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Kiehl's in March 2014.

- Referred by a current Kiehl's store manager from 1 Peninsula Bay Area location to current location that I am end up working for;
    - 1 interview only.
    - interview style more of a business formal/professional job interview.

Interview Questions
    • What made you want to work for Kiehl's Since 1851?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself:
      - Strength
      - Weakness

Answer Question
    • What is customer service to you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me 1 experience from your current or previous job(s) that you feel memorable. And why?   Answer Question
    • Tell me 1 experience of how you handle customer related difficult situation. And why did you make that decision?   Answer Question
    • How much do you Know about Kiehl's Since 1851?   Answer Question
    • Any questions?   Answer Question
    Completely smooth! They offered me with way higher amount of hourly pay than the amount I had in my head, so there wasn't any counter offering back and forth process at all.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kiehl's.

Walked into the store and asked if they where hiring seasonal help

Strategic Planning Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kiehl's in October 2012.

Wanted to get my foot in the door at L'Oreal so I applied for a 1 year contracted internship. Full time-35 hours but usually average 40-42 hours a week with paid Overtime. I had great references from within the company that I contact post application process. They contacted me for a phone interview and then went into the office for a second round interview.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about previous experiences, what I have to bring to the table, why L'Oreal, why particular department and where I see myself in 5 years and again in 10 years.   Answer Question
    The internship process and phase is pretty standard within L'Oreal across all brands and departments. There are not benefits.

Freelance Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kiehl's in October 2011.

I went in for an interview with one of the Copywriters only to find out they were not actually hiring. They were looking for future possibilities, but three months later, I have only gotten an email saying they weren't hiring quite yet.

HUman Resources Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Kiehl's in August 2011.

I interviewed with Kiehls for an HR position. Kiehls is a division of L'OREAL and I met with their recruiter first, who then recommended me to meet with a senior HR person at Kiehls. The process took several long weeks, I was told repeatedly that I was still a candidate, however, I was never called back for a second interview at Kiehls nor updated if the position had been filled. The L'OREAL recruiter referred me for other positions in the L'OREAL family, but again the process was long and drawn out. I finaled ceased contact. I think their process is indicative of a large corporation trying to determine how to best staff their teams when open positions arise. The interviews themselves were quite good, but the lengthy follow up process was unacceptable, especially for busy professional people.

Customer Service Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Kiehl's.

group interview with all managers , then individual interview with regional human resource

Interview Questions
    • if you have 1m, what would u do with the money?   View Answer

Customer Representative Interview

Apply online and got an interview 3 months after

Customer Service Representative - Seasonal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kiehl's.

Very casual. Basically chat with the store manager then waiting for next interview with district manager. Had a phone interview with the district manager instead due to her tight schedule. Overall very pleasant and welcoming.

Interview Questions
    Was not expecting much so I did not negotiate.