Kiehl's Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2015

2.7

Kiehl's Customer Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kiehl's.

Interview

3 processes. the first one is phone interview from L'Oreal recruiting manager. The second is also phone interview, from the region manager. And the last one is in-store interview, the store manager.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kiehl's.

Interview

Was contacted by someone in HR, short phone interview. Then brought in to meet two people, one who I would be reporting to directly. When I went for my in-person interview the person who was interviewing me was over 30 minutes late. Once the interview started I wished she had just never shown up. She was outright rude and nasty to me, so much so that I declined right then and there to continue with the interview process. Obviously had a chip on her shoulder about something. What I thought was even stranger though was that no one from HR ever contacted me to see why I left the interview. Be very wary going to interview at Corporate. What kind of culture makes an employee feel that she can treat people that come in to interview badly? I have never experienced anything like this before.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about confidential information about my old company.   Answer Question

Floor Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kiehl's.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call a few days later. I arrived early for the interview with the manager. The interview was 1 1/2 hours long which was the perfect amount of time. We seemed to hit it off very well. We talked about the position and expectations. I asked about advancement potential and she said I was an excellent candidate and could take her position as she was leaving in the next few months. This would over step the existing ASM because she was new and not ready for that position. I was told she would set up the second interview with her DM in the next few days. I thanked her for her time and consideration and left feeling very excited and confident. Later that day I sent her an Email again thanking her and expressing my interest in meeting her DM. Days went by and I sent a second Email. It's now been 2 months and I never heard back from anyone. This was very disappointing and unprofessional.

Freelance Art Director Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kiehl's in June 2014.

Interview

I came into the interview thinking it was going to be this grand and opulent office. But it's nothing to write home about! Everyone was very warm and welcoming though. There's not that many available meeting rooms so my interview was held at their kitchen. It was a compatibility interview—basically presenting your portfolio, history of places you've worked in the past, and just normal chit chat.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one of your weaknesses?   1 Answer

Negotiation

My staffing agency did the negotiation for me. I'm assuming they needed someone right away since I was hired within 2 weeks from the interview.

KCR (Kiehl's Customer Representative) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Kiehl's (Stanford, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

- Referred by a current Kiehl's store manager from 1 Peninsula Bay Area location to current location that I am end up working for; - 1 interview only. - interview style more of a business formal/professional job interview.

Interview Questions

• What made you want to work for Kiehl's Since 1851?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself: - Strength - Weakness   Answer Question
    • What is customer service to you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me 1 experience from your current or previous job(s) that you feel memorable. And why?   Answer Question
    • Tell me 1 experience of how you handle customer related difficult situation. And why did you make that decision?   Answer Question
    • How much do you Know about Kiehl's Since 1851?   Answer Question
    • Any questions?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Completely smooth! They offered me with way higher amount of hourly pay than the amount I had in my head, so there wasn't any counter offering back and forth process at all.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kiehl's (Paramus, NJ).

Interview

Walked into the store and asked if they where hiring seasonal help

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kiehl's (San Francisco, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Fairly easy, the interviewer asked questions that you'd normally be asked at any interview. Some things that you should probably read up on is the history of the company, they ask if you know about it. Also a huge plus would be to know the product, so do your research. If you know the product its a huge bonus because Kiehl's loves their KCR's to try everything so you can help the customer not only with knowledge of the product but also your perspective. Guarantee if you get hired the product you'll sell the most is the one you love the most, it'll be your go to.

Interview Questions

• What is it that you like about kiehl's?   1 Answer

Strategic Planning Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kiehl's (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

Wanted to get my foot in the door at L'Oreal so I applied for a 1 year contracted internship. Full time-35 hours but usually average 40-42 hours a week with paid Overtime. I had great references from within the company that I contact post application process. They contacted me for a phone interview and then went into the office for a second round interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked about previous experiences, what I have to bring to the table, why L'Oreal, why particular department and where I see myself in 5 years and again in 10 years.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The internship process and phase is pretty standard within L'Oreal across all brands and departments. There are not benefits.

Kiehls Customer Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Kiehl's (Atlanta, GA) in October 2012.

Interview

I applied using a company that does the recruiting for international and duty free airport stores. The process was pretty lengthy, but simple. The first was a webcam question system with pretty generic questions. It took a couple of weeks before being contacted again. After this, there was a phone interview. The questions were pretty simple to answer, some were very open-ended. We also did a role playing exercise and laughed and had a pretty good conversation. After this, there was maybe a week before I was notified that I was through to the next stage. The last level was an in person interview. It was about schedule and availability. I was hired on the spot and I accepted.

Freelance Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kiehl's (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

I went in for an interview with one of the Copywriters only to find out they were not actually hiring. They were looking for future possibilities, but three months later, I have only gotten an email saying they weren't hiring quite yet.