Kiewit Corporation

Updated Nov 27, 2014

2.7

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineering Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

Hire Vue video interview. You are given 1.5 mins to answer each question, 6 in total. You have time between the interview questions to take a break. Once you view the question you have 30 seconds to prep before you are forced to answer the question.The questions cover a variety of topics from why you are in your field of study to what industry in Kiewit you would like to work in.

Other Interview Reviews for Kiewit Corporation

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kiewit Corporation in October 2014.

I met a few recruiters at a college career fair. The next day I had an interview. Within a week, I was asked to take an online survey and complete a HireVue online interview.

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kiewit Corporation in October 2013.

The interviewing process was rather simple once you have established yourself as a valuable potential asset to the company. I had an initial interview at a career fair where I was then flown to Atlanta for a Final Interview with the area manager. All the employees I encountered were driven and hard working no t to mention extremely generous.

Interview Questions
    When accepting an offer, your location is not determined

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Kiewit Corporation in June 2013.

Went for interview with 2 people- basic questions and outline of what is expected. Was given the layout and specifics but nothing since.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation where you had to make a difference?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Once you get an interview, as long as you don't come off as a jerk you will probably get an offer. Make sure you are friendly and open about your goals.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburg, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburg, KS

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kiewit Corporation in October 2011.

Was interviewed by three individuals after a career fair on campus. Interview was about and hour long with medium difficulty questions. Was not contacted after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you found out your boss was stealing from the company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kiewit Corporation in February 2011.

I interviewed with Kiewit Northwest for an entry level engineer position at their Vancouver, WA office. It was a panel style interview which included 6 people, most of which were HR, and one district engineer. The questions they asked were mostly scripted and after the panel interview I was told that I had "made it" to the second interview stage in which I met with the district HR manager in her office.

In my opinion I was dissapointed with their interview process and the amount of scripted questions I was asked. It was more of a "Taco Bell" type of interview.

I did not have the opportunity to tell them about my experience and my background based on the questions I was asked by the HR personnel. The only one who asked relevant questions was the district engineer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kiewit Corporation in December 2010.

An HR person called and schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was mostly basic information about past experiences. Next a 1:1 interview was scheduled. Interviewed with 2 separate people in there Fairfield office and both interviewers focused on the constant travel and relocation. The first person asked if I was married and had children. As soon as I responded yes to both of the questions it went downhill from there. I felt they wanted someone who was not married or had kids so the constant relocation would be easier. In short, I felt discriminated.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kiewit Corporation in August 2010.

Submit resume and apply online. Wait for call. Interview. Wait for call. Get offer. Start work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kiewit Corporation in January 2010.

They asked questions that have nothing to do with construction.