Kiewit Corporation

Average Difficulty
20 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Pittsburg, KS

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in October 2011.

Interview Details – Was interviewed by three individuals after a career fair on campus. Interview was about and hour long with medium difficulty questions. Was not contacted after the interview.

Interview Question – What would you do if you found out your boss was stealing from the company?   Answer Question

Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in October 2013.

Interview Details – The interviewing process was rather simple once you have established yourself as a valuable potential asset to the company. I had an initial interview at a career fair where I was then flown to Atlanta for a Final Interview with the area manager. All the employees I encountered were driven and hard working no t to mention extremely generous.

Interview Question – Most challenging situation you have over come   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – When accepting an offer, your location is not determined

Anchorage, AK

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in August 2010.

Interview Details – Submit resume and apply online. Wait for call. Interview. Wait for call. Get offer. Start work.

Interview Question – Business and safety.   Answer Question

Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in June 2013.

Interview Details – Went for interview with 2 people- basic questions and outline of what is expected. Was given the layout and specifics but nothing since.

Interview Question – Explain a situation where you had to make a difference?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Kiewit Corporation

Interview Details – Once you get an interview, as long as you don't come off as a jerk you will probably get an offer. Make sure you are friendly and open about your goals.

Interview Question – Are you open to moving?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Chico, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in October 2008.

Interview Details – This was a campus interview for a full time position. Seemed more like they would hire you if you wanted to work for them. I along with 4 others, that i was aware of, were asked for a second interview the following semester where we were all offered positions. First interviewer was a recruiter, the second was with an area manager, who told me to expect to change addresses every few years.

Interview Question – Nothing particularly difficult about the interview as whole. Asked basic questions and what you're hoping to get out of the company, type of jobs etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They called me after the second interview and sent me my offer letter. I had 7 days to get back to them with my decision. The letter outlined my salary and benefits package.

Vancouver, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in February 2011.

Interview Details – I interviewed with Kiewit Northwest for an entry level engineer position at their Vancouver, WA office. It was a panel style interview which included 6 people, most of which were HR, and one district engineer. The questions they asked were mostly scripted and after the panel interview I was told that I had "made it" to the second interview stage in which I met with the district HR manager in her office.

In my opinion I was dissapointed with their interview process and the amount of scripted questions I was asked. It was more of a "Taco Bell" type of interview.

I did not have the opportunity to tell them about my experience and my background based on the questions I was asked by the HR personnel. The only one who asked relevant questions was the district engineer.

Fairfield, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in December 2010.

Interview Details – An HR person called and schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was mostly basic information about past experiences. Next a 1:1 interview was scheduled. Interviewed with 2 separate people in there Fairfield office and both interviewers focused on the constant travel and relocation. The first person asked if I was married and had children. As soon as I responded yes to both of the questions it went downhill from there. I felt they wanted someone who was not married or had kids so the constant relocation would be easier. In short, I felt discriminated.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in March 2008.

Interview Details – I lived over seas. But they called me a month after submiting my resume and cover letter. I had two interviews. One interview with a mid level engineer and the second with a senior project manager. It was easy, and got an offer the next day!

Interview Question – Why do you consider yourself a unique asset to the company?   Answer Question

Concord, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in January 2010.

Interview Details – They asked questions that have nothing to do with construction.

Interview Questions

Worked for Kiewit Corporation? Contribute to the Community!