Kiewit Corporation Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2015

2.7

Engineer Interview

Interview

Went to the company headquarters and got a group tour. Everyone was very nice and friendly. I got a tour of one of the projects that they are currently working on and then an explanation of the benefits from the company. I also got to meet a new hire that explained to me his perspective on the job.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to relocate if the opportunity arose?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kiewit Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Omaha, NE).

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews and an in-person interview with 4 managers. Initially applied for a different position in a different state, but was asked to take on a different position with the company as they had a current need for engineers.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What do you bring to the company?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in January 2015.

Interview

Met at my college and was called that day for an interview the next day. During interview, one person was asking the questions, while another was typing. It was hard to read the interviewer's reactions.. However, I suppose that is common with an HR rep. Interview was difficult because it was for any entry level position within the company, not for any specific location.

Interview Questions

• What three engineering projects/companies impress you the most and why?   Answer Question
    • At the end of the day, what makes you stand out from other candidates?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

Interview

Hire Vue video interview. You are given 1.5 mins to answer each question, 6 in total. You have time between the interview questions to take a break. Once you view the question you have 30 seconds to prep before you are forced to answer the question.The questions cover a variety of topics from why you are in your field of study to what industry in Kiewit you would like to work in.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kiewit Corporation in October 2014.

Interview

I met a few recruiters at a college career fair. The next day I had an interview. Within a week, I was asked to take an online survey and complete a HireVue online interview.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kiewit Corporation in October 2013.

Interview

The interviewing process was rather simple once you have established yourself as a valuable potential asset to the company. I had an initial interview at a career fair where I was then flown to Atlanta for a Final Interview with the area manager. All the employees I encountered were driven and hard working no t to mention extremely generous.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

When accepting an offer, your location is not determined

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Kiewit Corporation in June 2013.

Interview

Went for interview with 2 people- basic questions and outline of what is expected. Was given the layout and specifics but nothing since.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you had to make a difference?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

Once you get an interview, as long as you don't come off as a jerk you will probably get an offer. Make sure you are friendly and open about your goals.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburg, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Pittsburg, KS) in October 2011.

Interview

Was interviewed by three individuals after a career fair on campus. Interview was about and hour long with medium difficulty questions. Was not contacted after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you found out your boss was stealing from the company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Vancouver, WA) in February 2011.

Interview

I interviewed with Kiewit Northwest for an entry level engineer position at their Vancouver, WA office. It was a panel style interview which included 6 people, most of which were HR, and one district engineer. The questions they asked were mostly scripted and after the panel interview I was told that I had "made it" to the second interview stage in which I met with the district HR manager in her office. In my opinion I was dissapointed with their interview process and the amount of scripted questions I was asked. It was more of a "Taco Bell" type of interview. I did not have the opportunity to tell them about my experience and my background based on the questions I was asked by the HR personnel. The only one who asked relevant questions was the district engineer.