Kiewit Corporation Engineer Interview Questions

2.7

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburg, KS
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburg, KS

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in October 2011.

Was interviewed by three individuals after a career fair on campus. Interview was about and hour long with medium difficulty questions. Was not contacted after the interview.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if you found out your boss was stealing from the company?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kiewit Corporation

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in October 2013.

The interviewing process was rather simple once you have established yourself as a valuable potential asset to the company. I had an initial interview at a career fair where I was then flown to Atlanta for a Final Interview with the area manager. All the employees I encountered were driven and hard working no t to mention extremely generous.

Interview Questions
    When accepting an offer, your location is not determined

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Anchorage, AK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in August 2010.

Submit resume and apply online. Wait for call. Interview. Wait for call. Get offer. Start work.

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in June 2013.

Went for interview with 2 people- basic questions and outline of what is expected. Was given the layout and specifics but nothing since.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation where you had to make a difference?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Once you get an interview, as long as you don't come off as a jerk you will probably get an offer. Make sure you are friendly and open about your goals.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chico, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chico, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in October 2008.

This was a campus interview for a full time position. Seemed more like they would hire you if you wanted to work for them. I along with 4 others, that i was aware of, were asked for a second interview the following semester where we were all offered positions. First interviewer was a recruiter, the second was with an area manager, who told me to expect to change addresses every few years.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing particularly difficult about the interview as whole. Asked basic questions and what you're hoping to get out of the company, type of jobs etc.   Answer Question
    They called me after the second interview and sent me my offer letter. I had 7 days to get back to them with my decision. The letter outlined my salary and benefits package.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vancouver, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in February 2011.

I interviewed with Kiewit Northwest for an entry level engineer position at their Vancouver, WA office. It was a panel style interview which included 6 people, most of which were HR, and one district engineer. The questions they asked were mostly scripted and after the panel interview I was told that I had "made it" to the second interview stage in which I met with the district HR manager in her office.

In my opinion I was dissapointed with their interview process and the amount of scripted questions I was asked. It was more of a "Taco Bell" type of interview.

I did not have the opportunity to tell them about my experience and my background based on the questions I was asked by the HR personnel. The only one who asked relevant questions was the district engineer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fairfield, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in December 2010.

An HR person called and schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was mostly basic information about past experiences. Next a 1:1 interview was scheduled. Interviewed with 2 separate people in there Fairfield office and both interviewers focused on the constant travel and relocation. The first person asked if I was married and had children. As soon as I responded yes to both of the questions it went downhill from there. I felt they wanted someone who was not married or had kids so the constant relocation would be easier. In short, I felt discriminated.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in March 2008.

I lived over seas. But they called me a month after submiting my resume and cover letter. I had two interviews. One interview with a mid level engineer and the second with a senior project manager. It was easy, and got an offer the next day!

Interview Questions
    • Why do you consider yourself a unique asset to the company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Concord, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in January 2010.

They asked questions that have nothing to do with construction.

Interview Questions

Worked for Kiewit Corporation? Contribute to the Community!