Kiewit Corporation Engineering Intern Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodcliff Lake, NJ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodcliff Lake, NJ

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

Submitted Resume during Career Fair where a recruiter looked over it. An email was sent to take a few tests then received an email for a phone screening. During the screening the woman asked if I was looking at any other companies when I said yes, she wanted to know the companies and starting putting the other companies down. Thought it was very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work at Kiewit? Why made you interested in construction?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kiewit Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kiewit Corporation in April 2012.

I had a friend who had worked for Kiewit before who got me the job. I talked at the career fair with someone who seemed interested til I said I was interested in design which apparently was the wrong answer. Once I explained on a phone call that I was interested in other parts of construction he said he had a place for me and it was as simple as that. I had applied online before, but I'm pretty sure was rejected. So many easier to get through a career fair or friend.

Interview Questions
    • What do you want to do in construction?   View Answer
    There wasn't, it was a good deal, though.

Engineering Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

Met the recruiter at a job fair, ended up getting a hirevue interview, timed iq test and behavioral questions.
    After passing the online interview and tests, i was called in for an in person interview. I got a job offer the next day. If you enjoy the opportunity to move around and work in camp, make sure to say so as those are some of the most important qualities they are looking for.

Interview Questions
    • The online questions were mostly in the following form:
       Have you been working during uni
      What kind of work experience do you have
      why do you want to work for kiewit
      short and long term plans for the future
      describe ideal workplace
      What type of hobbies do you have
      why you wanted to do engg / why you chose certain discipline
      The in person interview was right around the same types of questions with a few clarification questions based on online answers
        Answer Question